forum

Huion Area Setting Helper

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ma-ToR
Since I couldn't manage to insatall v8 drivers on windows 10 I've threw together a really simple app that helps setting tablet area with a fixed aspect ratio when using the current huion drivers (v12).

Why it's better than setting it with Huion's new GUI:
  1. Displays the area setter correctly (the full area width and height ratio does not match (it's pretty far from) the tablet specs in Huion driver)
  2. Locks area to aspect ratio set by user
I recommend this setter if you:
  1. Can't install v8 drivers and
  2. Want to offset active area (if not i recommend using osu!'s raw input)
Usage:
  1. Make sure you've already configured area at least once using Huion's drivers
  2. Start app
  3. Fill in your tablet's active area dimensions (this can be usually found on Huion's product page)(eg.: 4, 2.23 (") for H420)
  4. Fill in your target aspect ratio (or resolution eg.: 16, 9)
  5. Press set
  6. Set area following the app's instruction (also holding shift let's you move/resize faster)
  7. Press ENTER and your settings will be copied to the clipboard
  8. Exit Huion's driver using the tray icon's Exit option
  9. Make a backup copy of c:\PenTabletDriver\tabletconfig.ini (default location)
  10. Search for the section that begins with WorkAreaRatio_Left=xxxxx and ends with WorkAreaRatio_Bottom=xxxxx
  11. Paste new settings
  12. Start Huion's driver and check if the new area is applied
Troubleshoot:
  1. If Huion driver only shows a message box with "Ini read error!" than you probably pasted your settings wrong, in this case:
    1. Kill TabletDriver using task manager
    2. Restore your backup ini (if you skipped backuping you probably have to reinstall the driver)
    3. Start Huion's driver

Download: here

Edit 2021.10.13: Updated the link due to Drive permission changes. I no longer have the tablet unfortunately so I can't test / keep it updated with new drivers, so the app might no longer work, check posts in the thread for info
Natahotra
Used this for my H420 and its really good. Lightweight and simplistic. Very nice!
Kzl
i got an error, i cant set area.
Llaver
You did not get enough love for this. Was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much.
Blankz_
same problem as you OP, cant install v8 drivers.

Anyway, I don't have a numpad. maybe re-bindable keys ;-;?

Also would like to be able to import my current area and edit it from there (maybe import it and then have a button to adjust it to the right resolution)
RBFloat

Blankz_ wrote:

Also would like to be able to import my current area and edit it from there (maybe import it and then have a button to adjust it to the right resolution)
I dont have a numpad either so I just used the onscreen keyboard for windows.

Just search 'on screen keyboard' in start menu
Blankz_

felix204 wrote:

Blankz_ wrote:

I dont have a numpad either so I just used the onscreen keyboard for windows.

Just search 'on screen keyboard' in start menu

Didn't think of that but that is genius.
I'm switching back to my CTL-490 anyway after Enigmatic is done so /shrug. Still a useful program but there are some features i would like that don't seem likely to be added (as the devs profile seems basically dead)
Winterknight1
I can't make it work, how do I have to set the numbers? My tablet is a Huion 420 (4 x 2.23" and I play Osu! at 1920x1080 (16:9))

Inundacion

Winterknight1 wrote:

I can't make it work, how do I have to set the numbers? My tablet is a Huion 420 (4 x 2.23" and I play Osu! at 1920x1080 (16:9))

In this case try comma , instead of dot .
Winterknight1

Inundacion wrote:

Winterknight1 wrote:

In this case try comma , instead of dot .
Indeed, I used comma instead of dot and it worked perfectly
Dmitry_Rekt
Tried a lot of stuff but I get this
Frantickz

Dmitry_Rekt wrote:

Thats what i got aswell. i followed the 'Applying Settings:' section and it worked,
aKaiAppears
Thank you so much for creating this. When I got my tablet and I realized I couldn't set a small area with my screen ratio, I tweeted Huion about this and they were so kind as to give me a previous driver version, which had more features including being able to hit the "screen ratio" button without the work area enlarging back to max.
Something went wrong lately and I couldn't make the driver only apply to one of my screen when not in osu!, which made navigating and drawing anything have a much bigger X-axis speed.

With your app I can use the new drivers which seem to fix my latest issue. Some feedback I have would be that it outputs commas instead of points which are used int the config. Also:

Dmitry_Rekt wrote:

The area appears as a column if its bigger than your tablet, making it smaller using Numpad- fixes the visual bug.
Songib
Is this still work for huion new driver?
Lukazadian

Songib wrote:

I believe so, although I'm having trouble finding the PenTabletDriver files... feel kinda dumb, or maybe there is't the file in the newer version.
Allwriter

Songib wrote:

Lukazadian wrote:

Songib wrote:

I believe so, although I'm having trouble finding the PenTabletDriver files... feel kinda dumb, or maybe there is't the file in the newer version.
I couldn't find the .ini file mentioned in the application, but I did a different process, it's not perfect but works.
https://imgur.com/a/2U7lI93
(check in the link above 👆)