forum

A new type of Scoreboards

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1,264
Topic Starter
Dafiely
Current Scoreboard that has each map is kinda useless for guys who are not good enough at this game. (and there are a lot of such people.)
You see a map, -> you see a guy at first place on this map/diff -> you know that you can not beat him -> you are triggering -> you are closing osu
Also if you fc a map or pass or something else, you cannot compare your pass/fc/etc with the guys who plays almost like you
So I have a nice idea. A Scoreboard that only contains players who has pp at [0pp - - - Your current pp + Epp] So you will not see the guys who too much better than you in maps scoreboard. Then you selecet a map/diff see a guy who has #1 at this diff and you will think like:"hmm this guy plays almost the same as me, I think I can beat(snipe) him!" Now this looks like
You have the reason to play -> You are playing more and more -> You are getting that #1 -> You are improving -> You are not closing osu!

Sounds good right ?

How to determine "E" I had already said at reddit. But this is not final formula.
https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/comments/8fbsgc/introducing_a_new_type_of_leaderboards_snipeboard/

Basicly, E depends on how many ppl have ~ your pp
than bigger difference betwen your pp and people's pp around your rank than bigger should be "E" (within reasonable limits ofc)

Also it would be great if this will be free for all, unlike country ranking/ gr selected mods / friend ranking
camellirite
first! this sounds amazing, but what would be an appropriate name for the leaderboard?
Enkidu
god tier idea, 10/10

camellirite wrote:

first! this sounds amazing, but what would be an appropriate name for the leaderboard?
SmoreJoy

Enkidu wrote:

god tier idea, 10/10

camellirite wrote:

Performance Ranking sounds good.

Only other names that came to mind were "Competitive Ranking", "Peer Ranking" and "Rising Star Ranking".

For the most part I think it should be called either "Performance Ranking" or "Peer Ranking".

Remind me to dump my 62 stars here when the 24hrs are over.
vonflare
niceu idea
Narrator
This sounds great, but if we go by the idea of 0pp --> Your pp + E, then it could be a large server load since it would load it individually for each user.

Granted it would be supporter only, but still.
Kaine
mayb make it for rank ranges? everyone in 1500-2000 sees same lb, 2000-2500, etc..
Youmu Chan

Narrator wrote:

This sounds great, but if we go by the idea of 0pp --> Your pp + E, then it could be a large server load since it would load it individually for each user.

Since friend ranking is basically the same in the sense that it is loaded individually, I don't think it will be a large server load.
Narrator

Youmu Chan wrote:

Narrator wrote:

Since friend ranking is basically the same in the sense that it is loaded individually, I don't think it will be a large server load.
I would counter that with the fact that there is a friend limit, but maybe. I dunno, I'd just imagine it would be demanding since instead of a range of 0 - 200 possible people to load from it loads from thousands it might be more.

Then again I don't code so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
worst fl player
Why not just ignore the scoreboard if you really don't like it?
Sandy Hoey
Youmu Chan

Narrator wrote:

I would counter that with the fact that there is a friend limit, but maybe. I dunno, I'd just imagine it would be demanding since instead of a range of 0 - 200 possible people to load from it loads from thousands it might be more.

Then again I don't code so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Number of friends doesn't affect much though if the database is relational and is appropriately indexed.
I would imagine the friend ranking is done by a 3-way JOIN of play, player and friend relationship, or by retrieving and caching friend list first and then do a 2-way JOIN of play and player against the list. Either way to extend it to this new proximity ranking I would call, it is just a matter of changing filtering predicate. Given that total score is properly indexed (which I presume it is), I don't think the performance will be significantly worse than friend ranking.
DeletedUser_4329079
Pretty sure it's a duplicate but it's a fantastic idea.
dong
how about 'Global Ranking (Balanced)' or 'Balanced Ranking'
mahloola
good idea!
Topic Starter
Dafiely
Yes, performance ranking is nice!

Kaine wrote:

mayb make it for rank ranges? everyone in 1500-2000 sees same lb, 2000-2500, etc..
what about low rank players? You have to determine the difference betwen your pp(or rank) and pp(or rank) you see at the scoreboard
In your example the Difference is 500, but you cant use this difference for players like 1kk rank where the players in interval like ~50k++ could have the same sklll
the main idea that scoreboard will show scores untill ~your pp(+-) So then we have a scoreboard where each guy has a possibility to get #1 rank

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Duplicate?: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/27123
nope. This guy wants scoreboard like
1 guy from #1000
1 guy from #2000
~~~here goes your score~~~
1 guy friom #3000
etc
If i get his right ofc
Enkidu

Sandy Hoey wrote:

not only is this not a duplicate (as the idea proposed in that thread suggested having scores from thousands of ranks apart as opposed to from players within your rank range), that thread is eight years old at this point.

quote from above

Denil25 wrote:

Yes, performance ranking is nice!

Kaine wrote:

what about low rank players? You have to determine the difference betwen your pp(or rank) and pp(or rank) you see at the scoreboard
In your example the Difference is 500, but you cant use this difference for players like 1kk rank where the players in interval like ~50k++ could have the same sklll
the main idea that scoreboard will show scores untill ~your pp(+-) So then we have a scoreboard where each guy has a possibility to get #1 rank

Sandy Hoey wrote:

nope. This guy wants scoreboard like
1 guy from #1000
1 guy from #2000
~~~here goes your score~~~
1 guy friom #3000
etc
If i get his right ofc

yeah i think it would be a bit skewed if it were to just take a flat rank differential, especially at lower ranks where scores could fluctuate wildly. as an example, some six digit players are capable of passing maps like airman without issues, and grouping them with players that differentiate wildly in rank at that level would produce some very weird leaderboards.

WEIRD FACE wrote:

Remind me to dump my 62 stars here when the 24hrs are over.
gotchu fam :^)
Lacerate
Seems like a good idea would love for this to be implemented
BioZap43
Peppy Please 🙏😌
I Thought The Scoreboard Would Be Great! Like We Seeing People Same Like Us & Able to Beaat Him/Her, So That Would Be A Motivation For The Player To Play Better! 👍
Supreme
Make it happen
smocer
#peppyAddThisPlease
luisga1999
Me encanta la idea de que las personas de rank alto puedan sentirse importante tratando de alcanzar el rank# 1 y eso definitivamente haria que las personas se motiven mas para jugar
Unknown_player
This is awesome idea. Makes lots of player get hopes
_WolfanG_
Nice idea!
aggabear
Solid idea right here lads
[-Akira-]
I think it could be pretty nice to see inside the game because you would get more motivation to be better at Osu!
Daalin
i support this.
Pozy
Sounds like a good idea, id love a leaderboard based on your rank range. It would def make people more in to the game where they can feel good about their rank and not be so stressed about decaying or getting pp in general ^^
1CENUKE_
yeah i would definitely love to see this implemented
DiceSA
Have wanted a system like this for a while now. You can just call it (p)peer ranking. Hope something like this is added, its nice to have scoreboards that you can compete on and gives you a lot more motivation to improve and beat scores.
show more