forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
FelissieFenessa
How to make perma-hidden skin for mania without messing with hit position?
h3oCharles

FelissieFenessa wrote:

yes, you can make pixels above the keys to make it cover the notes, make sure you have enabled KeysUnderNotes:1 in Mania portion on skin.ini
davidsin02

RockRoller wrote:

davidgod98 wrote:

How to do not full screen in the skin? Often Cookiezi use skins with “box” screen. I have one favourite skin and I want to do this skin with no full screen. I know about to change window option, but I mean how to change it inside skin.
You can see example on the image:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/RLYWAsKa0vwckL7s2
Use a blank scorebar-bg
Thanks, that works
FelissieFenessa

h3oCharles wrote:

FelissieFenessa wrote:

yes, you can make pixels above the keys to make it cover the notes, make sure you have enabled KeysUnderNotes:1 in Mania portion on skin.ini
Is there any limit how high can we hide playfield? or we can hide whole playfield if we want.
h3oCharles

FelissieFenessa wrote:

Is there any limit how high can we hide playfield? or we can hide whole playfield if we want.
in theory, you could hide the entire playfield, but that won't be practical.
Ryan Maulana
I'm a bit confused with making skin.ini
HyoukaForGC
Need help making the accuracy centered instead of being on the top right. I've tried skins that already have it(Some of Azer's skins) centered but it doesn't work in game for me.
h3oCharles

HyoukaForGC wrote:

Need help making the accuracy centered instead of being on the top right. I've tried skins that already have it(Some of Azer's skins) centered but it doesn't work in game for me.
score-percent is a very wide transparent rectangle.
Sky Pixel
Wow, great job m8
HyoukaForGC

h3oCharles wrote:

HyoukaForGC wrote:

score-percent is a very wide transparent rectangle.
It's not about the actually file, any skin I try with this accuracy centered does not work in game for me. I've tried making the transparent score-percent myself and adding it but it still does not work.
h3oCharles
have you tried reloading the skin with CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+S ?
HyoukaForGC
I've done that every time I add that file to the skin and when I add another skin that already has the feature in it
h3oCharles

HyoukaForGC wrote:

I've done that every time I add that file to the skin and when I add another skin that already has the feature in it
can you show this problem in more detail? use SHIFT+F12 to send screenshots
Daykeyboard
i'm trying to replace menu-background.png on a skin that I didn't make with a wallpaper, I already successfully cut from a song my own welcome.wav with Audacity so I thought it wouldn't be this hard to replace an Image
I have it named correctly and it's in 1920x1080, I don't know what I did wrong
h3oCharles

Daykeyboard wrote:

i'm trying to replace menu-background.png on a skin that I didn't make with a wallpaper, I already successfully cut from a song my own welcome.wav with Audacity so I thought it wouldn't be this hard to replace an Image
I have it named correctly and it's in 1920x1080, I don't know what I did wrong

check Frequently Asked Questions
jwestcott1
I have a skin that i downloaded, but the circles you have to click dont have a barrier around them, making it hard to judge when to click, does anyone know which file in the folder i would have to change to fix this, and how i could do it, pls help.
Mikojel
So i have problem in skinning, how the heck to remove hitcircle from the end of slider!
RockRoller

Mikojel wrote:

So i have problem in skinning, how the heck to remove hitcircle from the end of slider!

Add a blank sliderendcircle.png
h3oCharles

jwestcott1 wrote:

I have a skin that i downloaded, but the circles you have to click dont have a barrier around them, making it hard to judge when to click, does anyone know which file in the folder i would have to change to fix this, and how i could do it, pls help.

approachcircle
makemecool123
Wait, where the two template?
f5104
Thanks, that's a good tutorial.
BaoHoangDZ
You can make for me one skin osu! with anime character name: Shachi Yuuri
SheepeyDarkness
I'm currently making an original skin. I can do graphics all fine and don't need them from other skins. If I take hit sounds from another skin is that considered a mix skin? Would I have to make or find them myself?
RockRoller

SheepeyDarkness wrote:

I'm currently making an original skin. I can do graphics all fine and don't need them from other skins. If I take hit sounds from another skin is that considered a mix skin? Would I have to make or find them myself?
Using others sounds is fine, but it would be nice to give credit if you know the source.
Hikage
Quick question, can I have multiple applause sounds in a skin? In the same way you can have multiple comboburst.wav with comboburst-(n).wav, can I have applause-(n).wav?
RockRoller

Hitei wrote:

Quick question, can I have multiple applause sounds in a skin? In the same way you can have multiple comboburst.wav with comboburst-(n).wav, can I have applause-(n).wav?
No
Nearling
How to change the thickness of the slider contour? I tried everything I can, I can not figure it out
http://prntscr.com/jfdfah
RockRoller

Nearling wrote:

How to change the thickness of the slider contour? I tried everything I can, I can not figure it out
http://prntscr.com/jfdfah
Thats not possible
Nearling
Well, then how do you change the color of this outline? And something else, how to remove the number on the circle
RockRoller
Theres a command in the skin.ini its under [Colours] and it is named SliderBorder.

You just want to remove the numbers or you want to replace them?
Nearling
To remove absolutely, only now has paid attention, that they are useless)
RockRoller

Nearling wrote:

To remove absolutely, only now has paid attention, that they are useless)
Go in your skin.ini and go to [Fonts]. Type:
HitCirclePrefix: useless

Reload your skin and the numbers should be gone
Nearling
-Yuno Gasai-
How can I remove lighting effects when star2 is happening in-game?

Is it linked with star2?

Because I use pale color so the lighting LITERALLY kill my eyes.

I cant support it with the new color I use the star2 is fine but that god damn lighting.

Also I already disabled the "hit lighting" thing im talking about the effect of lighting do I have to make en empty file called lighting?
RockRoller

TheSatanicAngel wrote:

How can I remove lighting effects when star2 is happening in-game?

Is it linked with star2?

Because I use pale color so the lighting LITERALLY kill my eyes.

I cant support it with the new color I use the star2 is fine but that god damn lighting.

Also I already disabled the "hit lighting" thing im talking about the effect of lighting do I have to make en empty file called lighting?

I don't reay vet what the problem is.. Try making an empty lighting.png
1ben984342
Hello, this might be a little more advanced than the things mentioned above, but I have seen a skin that makes the osu!mania stage move to the center of the screen instead of staying slightly towards the left, so I tried it for myself but can't seem to make it work.

Any ideas of how to actually do that?
RockRoller

1ben984342 wrote:

Hello, this might be a little more advanced than the things mentioned above, but I have seen a skin that makes the osu!mania stage move to the center of the screen instead of staying slightly towards the left, so I tried it for myself but can't seem to make it work.

Any ideas of how to actually do that?

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/2327816
This should be it
GemmaKujo
Hey I'm kinda new to skinning so this might be a stupid question but I have a little problem with my spinner.. I wanted to make one myself but the default spinner always shows up and idk how to change that. https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10984769
vanessahime
tell us too about converting .osk file into another format such as .zip or .rar
Dwoldy
Can i use score numbers and hitcircle numbers from other skin and post my skin on forum with them?
P.S. Sorry for my english
show more