Total Posts
show more
Rantai
Brisbane Supanova 2010

Edits: Spelling
renafgt
NeVeR_DiE got me on here during summer. I net him on a forum
Yoichi Sturmhimmel
My friend has it, and gave it to me. Now I lost it. :( Ah well, when I have my own computer, I'll just re-download it!
TKiller
Reading this thread makes me think everyone was invited by someone.

As for me, I was searching for more rhythm games to play, Google led me here. Didn't like the concept at first, but changed my mind afterwards.
PerspicaciousHaze
I heard EBA was a good game, so then I tried it emulated, but the hitcircles were so tiny.

Then I later saw a video of osu!, but it was CatchTheBeat, and I thought that the whole game was catching fruit. So I forgot about it soon after.

Months later I searched a Touhou song on YouTube and saw a video of someone playing it on osu!. Then I realized osu! also has a standard mode and a Taiko mode and is full of Japanese songs so I downloaded and played it.
Hero Claw
Youtube and one friend <3
Piotrekol
i seen a friend was playing it on xfire so i checked it
Kaona
From my friend who plays :)
Weez
Was looking for a song and found this
Everything else was a blur XP
Garven
I was on 4chan arguing about how shitty Project Diva was as a rhythm game and this was mentoned.
Lilac

Garven wrote:

I was on 4chan
This guy.

And I haven't posted how I got here?

This guy.

I also want to see what VGCats thing referenced osu! Never mind, found it.
Hitsujimi
I've found it on youtube, even tough i've heard it about before from a friend ! D:
OnosakiHito

Rokodo wrote:

I found osu! when I was looking for a free taiko no tatsujin gameplay simulator. :)
Sci_old
MMO hut out of all places
Lilac
That's pretty recent then.
OzzyOzrock
this guy called dpritch

makes MADs now though ;c
Athyrionjh
I've searched for Miku/Luka Songs on Youtube and then i found this Video and i liked it :D
M i l o t i c
i saw my friend play this game
Un4got10
from smbdy's signature
necroxisia
from a youtube video
Vish024
From some kid (adam2046)
kitepryo
I got to know Osu! from a friend online. She streamed it. I told her, it looks awesome. So she gave me the link and it is awesome! :D
Xswordy
eru

dNextGen wrote:

from this guy http://osu.ppy.sh/u/50666
thanamon
When my chat friends are talking about this game, I checked it and fell in love at that instant XD
Susanoo980
you tube!!!
SpacemanSpiff
I found it by lurking 4chan's /a/ (the only board I reside from, at least now). They have some osu! nights once in a great while, saw it a few times and passed it up. One night I was like, "eh, I'll give it a shot". Best decision of my life. I love this game so much, I'm so glad I gave it a shot.
Amaterasu_old
A few friends told me about this game. Hardest game ever when I still tried to play on Touchpad :)
sunsunlol
My girlfriend was playing it, at 1st glance I thought it was one of those stupid games.
But after trying it (well, she pretty much forced me) I thought it was actually kinda fun.... and now I play it when ever I got the time for it :)
Kyonko Hizara
youtube
Circy
A friend showed me this game initially. I played a few songs, but never got into it because osu! standard was too difficult for me.

I took a 1 year hiatus and got into Taiko no Tatsujin DS during that year. During that hiatus, I got addicted to Nico Nico Douga's Kumikyoku and I really wanted to play a taiko version of it. After a long long time of searching, I was brought back to this game, and noticed that this song was available, and I could play it in taiko! Now I'm a full taiko player, though I have improved a bit on standard mode. Yay for osu!
[DG2L]YungYeezy
I decided to watch youtube instead of doing homework, and then I found a certain video that lead me to osu.

It's okay guys. I only got an F on my paper.
miauww_old

Shootinglight wrote:

I decided to watch youtube instead of doing homework, and then I found a certain video that lead me to osu.

It's okay guys. I only got an F on my paper.
8-)
retry your paper and go for SS this time.. =P

OT: found osu! from "a-certain-xxx-anime" *blush*
ElxBeta
A friend told me one day about osu!, I installed it, went to multi with him and after some minutes of playing the HARDEST songs of that time, I uninstalled it and 3 months later I started playing again.
Feresia
Saw someone broadcasting it, few mins after that i decided to try it out :P Next thing i knew i couldnt stop playing :P
Kamure
I actually found it first on Cydia, you know.... jailbreaking your iPod and stuff, then I got curious started looking for videos of people actually playing it on Youtube. Then I found the PC version when I found a guy playing Hardware Store by Weird Al Yankovic (kingcobra) and Final Battle G/S/C (Larto). So, yeah, i found the iPod version then the PC version...
seeker_nami
How I knew about Osu? Hmm...
My boyfriend saw a video of the game in youtube while looking for some random stuff... showed it to me and I gave him the idea to download it. In the beggining we were four guys playing private online matches... now I'm the only one left here xD
TBTE
I was googl'ing random shit...

That and Gameinformer Made a Issue on this!!!
AozakiTouko_old
I was at a room next to the cafe at my college (Where most of the computer nerds and anime lovers hangout) and I happened to notice one of my friends playing osu! asked him what the name of the game was out of interest, watched him play, went home, downloaded it, tried it myself....

After that I found that I have a newly developed tendancy to ignore my normal sleeping habits and apparently whenever I listen to my ipod my fingers start tapping abnormally.
Bear265
I was sitting in my class at College when My friend calls me up and tells me to come look at this game he got. Got to his house later that day... Watched him a bit. And absolutely loved what I saw for some odd reason.

I take it from him with all his songs. Start playing it and ended up playing nothing else for a few weeks. Then Decided to finally go online with it a couple of weeks back and Just downloaded the new version. Been having trouble not thinking of Osu! while doing anything else ever since...
show more