forum

Whats with the osu subreddit?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KevinL337
I can understand memes if they're quality because they provide a source of entertainment and make people laugh. But I've never seen a community more interested in what others do than actually playin the game itself. It's got a surprising amount of subscribers for a place with no content and zero discussion.
abraker
Well what else can it possibly be?
johnmedina999
Well, the discussion about playing the game itself happens in GnR, so there really isn't any need to have that discussion anywhere else. However, having an outside place (away from this website) to talk about players is preferred, because drama is always best viewed from the outside (or something like that). They don't have to worry about osu mods tracking people down for talking shit about other people because their reddit accounts aren't connected to their osu accounts.

At least that's what I think.

If you want my opinion, I would avoid that subreddit like the plague. No offense towards anyone that hangs there, of course. You have to admit, though, that place spawns nothing but discussion about drama.
KatouMegumi
look another cookiezi or whoever's +600pp play
ColdTooth
Shohei Ohtani
That's not true it's also a place where I can learn about when my favorite top 50 players change their avatars.
yuhaii

KatouMegumi wrote:

look another cookiezi or whoever's +600pp play
ok

CDFA wrote:

That's not true it's also a place where I can learn about when my favorite top 50 players change their avatars.
well ok
abraker
I go there to see the latest drama not found on forums and see what stupid meta is present at the time
LakesideMiners
it is cancer
ColdTooth

LakesideMiners wrote:

it is cancer
Nice
Naimae
imo the people on the subreddit are obsessed with farming karma
it's like irl media tbh
the first one on the news gets the most views/clicks/upvotes

i guess they just can't stop farming anything ever
ColdTooth