forum

[osu!std] Suiji Spring Cup 2018 | 4v4 | Team The wins!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
this1neguy

随机 - Suíjī

Meaning 'Stochastic', players will sign up individually then be assigned their teams through a randomization process.

1. This is a 4v4 double-elimination tournament consisting of 32 teams.
  2. This is an osu!standard tournament.
  3. This is an international tournament.
  4. There will be no rank limit and the top 256 players based on rank will be accepted.
  5. Final cutoff at March 29 23:59: rank 2485 (6926pp)
  6. The tournament will be played in scorev2.
  7. There will be no group stage in this tournament.
  8. Players will sign up individually and will be assigned a team.
  9. There will be 8 players per team, each consisting of 2 A seed players, 2 B seed players, 2 C seed players, and 2 D seed players.
  10. Players will be seeded by rank.
  11. Teams will be given 5 days to choose a team name and a captain. Failure to submit a team name will result in an assigned team name chosen by the staff. Failure to submit a captain will result in the highest rank player being made captain by default.
  12. All match times are in UTC.
  13. The Grand Finals will be played with a bracket reset if applicable.
  14. No staff members are allowed to play other than streamers, commentators, and graphics designers.

1. REGISTRATION: February 15th - March 29th
  2. TEAM DRAWINGS: March 30th
  3. ROUND OF 32: April 7th - 8th | Best of 9
  4. ROUND OF 16: April 14th - 15th | Best of 9
  5. QUARTER FINALS: April 21st - 22nd | Best of 11
  6. SEMI FINALS: April 28th - 29th | Best of 11
  7. FINALS: May 5th - 6th | Best of 13
  8. GRAND FINALS: May 12th - 13th | Best of 13

1. The match lobby will be created by the referee, and the team captains of both teams will be invited. The captain is then responsible for inviting the rest of their team. If the captain of a team is not online, the referee will invite any other player from that team, and that player will be responsible for inviting their team.
  2. Teams have a 15 minute grace period to have at least 4 players available to play the match. If 15 minutes pass and a team does not have enough players to play the match, the other team will receive a win by default.
  3. Once all players have joined the lobby, captains will be asked to !roll; the winner of the roll will have the first warmup, first ban, and first pick.
  4. Warmup maps will be allowed for the entirety of the tournament. Each team may select one warmup pick; warmups may not exceed 4:30 total length.
  5. The referee can give host to the players for warmups only. The referee will have host for the entire match after warmups. A team will select a map by naming the map in the multiplayer chat, and the referee will select it.
  6. Each team has 2 bans per match. Banned maps are effectively removed from the mappool for the duration of the match and are not allowed to be picked. A team is allowed to ban 2 maps from the same mod pool.
  7. Teams have 3 minutes to select a map; if they fail to choose in the allotted time, the map choice will pass to the other team. This will have no effect on the order of picks afterward.
  8. There is no restriction on map selection order; teams may select any available map at any time regardless of mod.
  9. On freemod picks, at least two players from each team must use Hidden, Hard Rock, or both.
  10. Hidden and Hard Rock are allowed, but not required, on Tiebreakers.
  11. Only one of each seed is allowed to play in the lobby at any given time, so you can only have 1 A seed, 1 B seed, 1 C seed, and 1 D seed.
  12. Once the map choice is locked in, players will have 3 minutes to ready up. The referee will start the match when all players are ready. If the 3 minute timer ends, the referee will force an !mp start 15 command, and the match will start with whoever is in the lobby.
  13. The winner of a map is determined by which team ends with a higher score. Failed scores do not count. A player's score will count as long as they are passing at the end of the map, even if they failed somewhere in the map.
  14. In the case of a disconnection, a rematch will only be played if the disconnection occurred within the first 30 seconds of the map. This can be judged by the mp link. If a player disconnects after 30 seconds of the map have passed, their score will not be counted.

CONFIRMED Profile Badge

Topic Starter
this1neguy
reserved
- Auto -
wonder what team I'll get
Raniemi
:!:
Trigonoculus
suiji
Izzz
wonder what team i wont get because theres no way im making rank cutoff <o/
GRR SNARL GROWL
he
Tennoji Rina
I like the idea of randomizing everyone... I really want to see some interesting team comps.
Abyssal
Cant wait to get carried by a 4 digit
_serea
hype OWO
Keiger
honestly really hyped, ill think about joining, also a reminder, if i do join, i won't be able to play matches after 10:30pm from Sunday to Thursday due to school.
Hellcat
Now I am motivated to rank up once again
Elcheer

Abyssal wrote:

Cant wait to get carried by a 4 digit
as is tradition
Teejay
Cookiezi plz thank
Dreamy
Interesting Concept >:)
Sarah Katsuki
i diddly wonder what'll get ;3>
martyur
suweegee spring cup holder ;)
ExtinctJuke
:thinking:
hlanden
Let's go
Topic Starter
this1neguy
badge confirmed!! design tbd

9 days left until registrations close <o/
Topic Starter
this1neguy
signups have closed! come check out team draws march 30 at 16:00 UTC at http://twitch.tv/suijicup!
Topic Starter
this1neguy
round of 16 begins this saturday! check out results from the round of 32 here!