forum

osu!Skills

posted
Total Posts
show more
HalfHours

Kert wrote:

Hey there!
Once upon a time I got an interesting idea of a system parallel/modification to Performance Points.
So I made a website for this too

http://osuskills.tk

Skill explanations for clarification:

Stamina - Tapping stamina
Tenacity - Streaming
Agility - Raw Aim
Precision - Ability to hit small circles
Reaction - Sight-reading
Reading - Aim related map reading
Memory - Flashlight performance
Accuracy - Rhythmic accuracy

The player also receives a"title" (or multiple titles) as a fun factor depending on the set of his best skills.

Future plans
  1. Reading skill
  2. Reaction skill - added!
  3. Memory skill - added!
  4. Player title badges - added!
  5. Overall skill-based rankings - added!
  6. Personal userbars
Notice that only osu!standard is supported right now.

If you want to help us you can check and participate in some of the related discussion threads
What makes reading a map difficult?
Which map is harder? (Aim)
Best FL plays

Developers: Kert, abraker, Full Tablet, Rust_omg
Looks cool. :)
B1rd
Reading soon but first HL3
Chacha
I have donated you guys, but I want to know paypal will get how much fees, I am donating monthly or once are better.
DepressedFella
Thanks for the effort done, waiting the reading ranking to come out :)
wollesu
I put my name in, but it said I have Swift and Psychic as titles above my stats. What does that mean?
abraker

wollesu wrote:

I put my name in, but it said I have Swift and Psychic as titles above my stats. What does that mean?
Toy
Did development for this just get dropped?
abraker

Toy wrote:

I don't want to say dropped until kert's official word on it. There are still updates waiting to be applied iirc.
zeplic
I'm really looking forward to some sort of way to measure reading being calculated. Cheers to the developers this is a really fun way to comare strengths and weaknesses between players to a relative degree. I find reading to be important enough to be excited to see

Toy wrote:

Whenever i want to load your page

lol
Rad-
Waiting for the day i can choose which scores go to osu skills (maybe add multiple scores? (ignoring HD, just nomod, HR, DT and HRDT)

I had a score on this https://osu.ppy.sh/b/80991 with NFDT and 600 combo but my 4 year old HD score was the one that was chosen...

don't abandon this pls.

edit: https://puu.sh/yRuiA/3f8bd61efb.png how close was that?! and stilll didn't pass it. I need manual score submition...
Salvor
This is actually a pretty good site and I got Swift and Sniper. Can't wait for the reading part to finally get updated :D
_bird
Wondering if there's any way to get the country displayed changed?

I'm currently listed as UK, probably due to the fact that I had a region change from UK to Ireland. Any possibility for my osu!skills profile to be changed to reflect my proper country?
abraker
You will have to contact kert for any username or flag changes
My AngeI Amogus
I've been getting the "It's currently calculating... Please check back in a few minutes." for about a month now, is it going to be fixed?
milr_

seb2110 wrote:

I've been getting the "It's currently calculating... Please check back in a few minutes." for about a month now, is it going to be fixed?
me too :'(
Blankz_

[ White Music ] wrote:

seb2110 wrote:

me too :'(
Was just about to post this...
It Dead?
KristyBlackclaw
Work fine for me but that happen sometime.

Just wait a few minute and refresh.

I wonder if reading stat will be update
sab
Hello -
I noticed that your site has trouble tracking deleted players - it still shows a previous 'sab' as opposed to me when I plug my own name in. Could you fix that?
Thanks!
Kondou-Shinichi
My page is still calculating infinitely since last year help
AlwaysSinking
I wonder if you're still working on this...

But yea if you could do one last update it would be REAL manual score submission, so I could submit my HR scores that do not beat my DT ones for the precision trait, I have a 4* CS9.1 FC that didn't count so let's say I'm a bit sad :>

That would be really making the site great, I like it better than pp+ tbh
Topic Starter
Kert
Night mode added. Check the power button at the bottom.
More updates coming soon.

The development is -paused-, but looks like all the time the website was alive and working well (almost).
Thanks to all of the people who are still using it. I am honestly happy someone else finds this skill comparison idea fun.

As I said there are some planned features to be added soon (not reading though): some fancy things first, then some new functions along with long-standing flag/processing-hang e.t.c. bugs fixing in-between
staddle
I always get the error "That no pump-a-rum. That no pickle pee." when I want to look at my userpage. Fix?
Topic Starter
Kert
Fixed. Refresh page / shift-f5 / clean cache
Magnus Cosmos
abraker
Will take a look at it in the next 3 weeks or so.
Toy
please remove the thing where it says coming soon because reading is not coming soon and it makes me sad to see coming soon all day

also will the site ever be able to read non top-score mod combination plays
abraker

Toy wrote:

please remove the thing where it says coming soon because reading is not coming soon and it makes me sad to see coming soon all day
Now I am sad that I couldn't figure out how to make the reading skill happen. I am so sorry ;(

Toy wrote:

We depend on the API ppy provides. If the API allows non top scores, then it's up to kert to implement it.
Full Tablet

abraker wrote:

Toy wrote:

We depend on the API ppy provides. If the API allows non top scores, then it's up to kert to implement it.

The API gives scores for all mod combinations if you do a get_scores call specifically for a single user and beatmap combination, so it should be possible to retrieve those scores when inputting things manually.
Toy

abraker wrote:

Not sure if it's entirely the same, but PP+ is able to do it somehow, so I'd assume osu!skills would too.
abraker

Toy wrote:

abraker wrote:

Not sure if it's entirely the same, but PP+ is able to do it somehow, so I'd assume osu!skills would too.
Took a look at the api. The "Toy achieved rank #1 on map" are possible get using /api/get_user, and would provide a way to know which map to get scores for beyond the top 100. One downside is that you have to open the player's skills page once a month since the events go no further back than 31 days.
Topic Starter
Kert
osu!Skills now supports browsing from mobile phone / tablet devices.

Refresh page / shift-f5 / clean cache if something looks broken for you.
Please, use a modern browser like Chrome / Firefox if you still see problems.
If nothing helps feel free to contact us.
Pemlory
just a suggestion about the skill bar.
it would be good if the bar have layers,
like if the skill points reach 1k it will blue but from 1001- 2k it will refill it but with different collour, just like fighter game that have HP layer. about the layer collour, you guys decide it.
but after recent update it's still good tbh, i don't think my suggestion is neccesarry anymore.
abraker

Magnus Cosmos wrote:

Not a very significant bug, but 2b elements are broken for osu!skills. For example, looking at Kip's profile: http://osuskills.tk/user/Kip/skill/reaction, the loved map Soulja Baka gave him 3730 for reaction, which I suspect is due to the overlapping objects.
Took a look. There is no immediate solution to this. The formula correctly gives an enormous skill value for the sliders at the end:

It's just that the formula spits out a single value for a map, which is like a million or something, and then another formula applies the player's score/combo/acc whatever to it, and the result still ends up high. If the player gets FC, then it is worth all those 2k skill points, however that is nowhere near FC. I can make no single curve that would apply to all maps and this. The curve for this map specifically is very, very steep between a couple misses and FC because only those sliders at the end are the actual hard bits.

There is a possible fix for calculating this correctly, but I don't think it's going to happen soon.
Dawns
HT on memory can be used to exploit some sort of length bonus, dunno how intended it is but it can be pretty significant

also fix my flag :-(
Topic Starter
Kert
Skill improvement system is now live!
Check "Training" section under "Tools"

You can now improve your skills by playing maps at your skill level.
Map search is very customizable with a bunch of presets that will make your choice easier.
You can also include / block / ignore specific mods used for maps from search results.

Search is limited by 25 random maps fitting skill/mod criteria currently. That also means that if you do the search once again with the same settings new maps can appear in the results.
Toy
Very happy to see regular updates on this site again
worst fl player
anyways to nerf memory for the HRHDFL spread normals ;)
Dawns
please include a way to check specific maps values thank u
btw
Doesn't seem to work correctly for me. Under "Recently Added" are plays from 2013-2014, even though I didn't play back then. I had this problem on PP+ as well.
spacepop
I just try the training it working great so far, the suggest map are a bit hard for my level but not unplayable that's make it's challenge to play for improvement
show more