forum

Very Slow Improvements Even When Playing Every Day 4 Hours

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KuroganeSuoh
I hate this but I feel like I have 2 players in my mind, my pro me and my shit me.

There are these times where I can finish a really hard map where I'm so focused
just looking at one area no blinks feeling my heart pound harder as the map progress
and having my hand moves as if it's instinct.

And there is this shit me where whenever I try hard to focus I can't
I constantly miss like why? My arm go overboard on jumps so I tend to miss
circles and I even miss sometimes on tapping.
I hate this feeling, Have anyone felt this.

I really want to improve but it does
not feel to me like I'm improving.
It's like every time I play, I improve but on
a slightest bit, while I feel improvement on tapping it's seems as if my aim is
getting drained of improvement and being transferred to my tapping.

Give your own thoughts. I just feel like I don't even improve in the slightest.
I even made a mistake on tackling insane maps to get more pp on an early stage
so now I struggle to gain pp because most insane maps are hard and I forgot
that I can farm pp on hard by doing hard rock and hidden. Ahh Any fix to my
problem? I can't even finish any maps now, I play fine on the first but my shit me
kicks in on the middle or the near end.
DeletedUser_6869432
I'm addicted to this game, but even I know you have to take breaks. 2 hours two times a day with a short break will make you improve better than 1 four hour session. Make sure to have fun, you won't improve if your not having fun. Try doing something else for a bit if you feel bored or unfocused, it works wonders for me.
Akanagi
First of all: I call bs. You opened a similar thread 3 days ago with exactly the same playtime you have now. So unless you play offline all day for no reason, you didn't play the last 3 days, so that's already out of the way.

KuroganeSuoh wrote:

I hate this but I feel like I have 2 players in my mind, my pro me and my shit me.
There is something called "Your perceived skill" and "Your actual skill". It's highly likely that you perceive yourself to be better than you actually are.
Strong indicators for this are thoughts like:"I should be able to hit that". "random accdrop lol", and "Shitmisses / So many shitmisses today wow wtf" or something similar.

KuroganeSuoh wrote:

Obviously there are good days and bad days, but this also usually reading-related. When your reading is too bad for a map you will find (what you perceive, atleast) your aim to be off, and most of the time people will have very circular and less strict aim on stuff they can't read. Squares become circles, triangles become some kind of oval shape, and you miss a lot in general.

KuroganeSuoh wrote:

I even miss sometimes on tapping.
Yeah. Probably 100% of the playerbase miss or miss taps sometimes.

KuroganeSuoh wrote:

That's like 100% of the playerbases perception, too. You're trying to force it too hard.

KuroganeSuoh wrote:

that I can farm pp on hard by doing hard rock and hidden.
It's likely just that you are thirsty for pp, want to play insanes so badly for that matter, even though you are clearly not good enough for them yet. Otherwise you wouldn't miss and get bad acc on them consistently. Strong indicator that your reading is not good enough (probably aim and tapping as well, though)

Playing HDHR on 1-3* won't make you better either, even if your pp might rise. Mods are a noobtrap, just like pp. It's just quick&easy "success" to slap on some mods on easy maps to grind out some pp and see your number rise like you're actually improving, even though you're just abusing a systems flaws to boost your ranking from "irrelevant" to "still irrelevant".

KuroganeSuoh wrote:

Ahh Any fix to my
problem?

Playing more, not retrying, staying away from mods, not caring about pp and accepting that most of the time you aren't as good as you think you are.
Last but not least you have 70 hours of playtime. Where do you expect yourself to be with 70h of playtime?

Like, genuinely ask yourself that question and you'll realize that you're making a fuss over nothing. There's no way you're going to consistently fc 4* with 70h of playtime. Most likely you won't consistently fc them with 150 hours either.

Just play more and stop worrying about your rank.
Here is some truth that might help you out: Noone gives a shit about your rank in this game unless you are 1- high 2digits. Noone cares whether you are rank 100k, nor will they care about 50k, 20k, 10k, 5k, 1k, even something like 300 noones cares about you or your rank.

Especially if you do so by using questionable means like abusing mods on easy maps, or abusing certain maps everyone knows about. And if you think you actually got "better" because you HDDTd some diff of choco-cookie or some low diff map you're just lying to yourself.

Stop caring about your freaking rank. And with that I mean: Stop playing specifically for rank. If you want to play to improve, then do the things most people will tell you to do.

Here's the thing. Playing to improve is fine and respectable, just like playing for fun. Doesn't matter which rank you are. But playing specifically for pp or wanting to improve for the sake of gaining pp (which still counts as playing specifically playing for pp) only shows that you don't truly care about being good, you just care about "looking good", without caring whether you actually are good.

That's just my piece of advice. Stop looking at your rank. Don't set "pp goals" for every day. Press F2, preferably don't retry unless you think the map was actually fun to play. And again, accept that you might not be as good as you think you are. There's a reason why 6 digit players are kind of a meme because the things you're going through is what most 6 digits / players who are new are going through.

There's a reason that playtime roughly translates into higher ranks, and there's a reason why pretty much all top players have around 2,5k-5k hours played. If you think you could actually breeze through this game with just 70 hours you're delusional.
SpasticSurgeon
Rayne fucking knowwwwwws dude. Listen to him/her.

I'm in a similar boat to you as far as desires and skill etc., but I think you should recognize that pp /=/ skill and should stop playing for it. You seem obsessed with making it go up constantly. Looking at your graph I bet you get anxious when it stagnates for a while, especially since you had such a steady climb up to where you are. Think of improvement less like a straight line and more like stairs, you will have plateaus while you build skill and then once you are good enough to implement it your improvement will be represented in rank.

But here's the thing, even if you do play to improve and get pp, playing what will get you the most pp at your current level is a losing strategy because they aren't as efficient in actually helping you improve at the various aspects of the game. If you spend all your time farming HR DT on 3* or whatever you will eventually stagnate and run out of pp gimmicks to help yourself get pp. If you wait to get to this point to improve you will have many painful moments where you realize you have a lot to improve just to get a little more pp and you will have to pp whore even harder and harder it's like a crack addiction or something. Eventually you will have to get good at harder maps and skills, so better to just face that reality, and, you know, enjoy it. The game can be fun XD.

If you look at my graph there are several times where I plateaued, but then I improved my skills or whatever and happened upon a few maps I could FC that made me shoot up loads of ranks quickly. I bet I could shoot up a lot more if I played some pp maps today and I might do that, but I'm going to be spending a lot more time working on things that will help me down the road and stick with me regardless of my pp cap.

I mean why would you listen to me if I am the same rank... but maybe my advice will help. I would say we should race to 5 digits, but I don't want to feed our pp addictions.

P.S. I don't mean to sound high and mighty. I struggle with the same problem.

Also, this video is my bible for improving: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DtKYxcI49o&t=16s
Topic Starter
KuroganeSuoh
That's like the most motivational shit I have read so far in my life lol.
Thanks though :lol:
Yujin Senpai

Rayne wrote:

First of all: I call bs. You opened a similar thread 3 days ago with exactly the same playtime you have now. So unless you play offline all day for no reason, you didn't play the last 3 days, so that's already out of the way.

KuroganeSuoh wrote:

There is something called "Your perceived skill" and "Your actual skill". It's highly likely that you perceive yourself to be better than you actually are.
Strong indicators for this are thoughts like:"I should be able to hit that". "random accdrop lol", and "Shitmisses / So many shitmisses today wow wtf" or something similar.

KuroganeSuoh wrote:

Obviously there are good days and bad days, but this also usually reading-related. When your reading is too bad for a map you will find (what you perceive, atleast) your aim to be off, and most of the time people will have very circular and less strict aim on stuff they can't read. Squares become circles, triangles become some kind of oval shape, and you miss a lot in general.

KuroganeSuoh wrote:

I even miss sometimes on tapping.
Yeah. Probably 100% of the playerbase miss or miss taps sometimes.

KuroganeSuoh wrote:

That's like 100% of the playerbases perception, too. You're trying to force it too hard.

KuroganeSuoh wrote:

that I can farm pp on hard by doing hard rock and hidden.
It's likely just that you are thirsty for pp, want to play insanes so badly for that matter, even though you are clearly not good enough for them yet. Otherwise you wouldn't miss and get bad acc on them consistently. Strong indicator that your reading is not good enough (probably aim and tapping as well, though)

Playing HDHR on 1-3* won't make you better either, even if your pp might rise. Mods are a noobtrap, just like pp. It's just quick&easy "success" to slap on some mods on easy maps to grind out some pp and see your number rise like you're actually improving, even though you're just abusing a systems flaws to boost your ranking from "irrelevant" to "still irrelevant".

KuroganeSuoh wrote:

Ahh Any fix to my
problem?

Playing more, not retrying, staying away from mods, not caring about pp and accepting that most of the time you aren't as good as you think you are.
Last but not least you have 70 hours of playtime. Where do you expect yourself to be with 70h of playtime?

Like, genuinely ask yourself that question and you'll realize that you're making a fuss over nothing. There's no way you're going to consistently fc 4* with 70h of playtime. Most likely you won't consistently fc them with 150 hours either.

Just play more and stop worrying about your rank.
Here is some truth that might help you out: Noone gives a shit about your rank in this game unless you are 1- high 2digits. Noone cares whether you are rank 100k, nor will they care about 50k, 20k, 10k, 5k, 1k, even something like 300 noones cares about you or your rank.

Especially if you do so by using questionable means like abusing mods on easy maps, or abusing certain maps everyone knows about. And if you think you actually got "better" because you HDDTd some diff of choco-cookie or some low diff map you're just lying to yourself.

Stop caring about your freaking rank. And with that I mean: Stop playing specifically for rank. If you want to play to improve, then do the things most people will tell you to do.

Here's the thing. Playing to improve is fine and respectable, just like playing for fun. Doesn't matter which rank you are. But playing specifically for pp or wanting to improve for the sake of gaining pp (which still counts as playing specifically playing for pp) only shows that you don't truly care about being good, you just care about "looking good", without caring whether you actually are good.

That's just my piece of advice. Stop looking at your rank. Don't set "pp goals" for every day. Press F2, preferably don't retry unless you think the map was actually fun to play. And again, accept that you might not be as good as you think you are. There's a reason why 6 digit players are kind of a meme because the things you're going through is what most 6 digits / players who are new are going through.

There's a reason that playtime roughly translates into higher ranks, and there's a reason why pretty much all top players have around 2,5k-5k hours played. If you think you could actually breeze through this game with just 70 hours you're delusional.

Without a doubt the most honest and helpful answer I've read in a long time. You deserve a cookie for that. Osu needs more people like you. :)
[Momo]
Look at my hours / rank and fell good abouth your self haven't improved a bit here past 2 years
zeplic
Rayne keeping it real +1

forums need less sugar coating
arzi
Rayne...thank you so much. You helped me solve problems I didn't know I had, much appreciated RESPECT+