forum

[Archived] Osu freezes after Alt+tab out and back in game again

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
alvinlaw2
Problem Details:
When I load up the game and want to do something else on another program I have to tab out. My osu is always on fullscreen mode when this problem occurs. If I tab out of the game and then tab back into the game, the game client would be frozen, the game screen does not change, it would be whatever It was when I tabbed out. However, sound and music can still be heard, and if I move my mouse around, I can hear different SFX because I hover over the play button or setting button at the home screen.

TL;DR My screen freezes after ALT-TAB, but sound and music can be heard and the game itself has not stopped working, i can still click on things and hear sfx of such from feedback.

osu! version: 20171227.2 (latest)
Kodoro
Discord's In-game overlay may cause such issues. Try turning it off.
TwYee
+1, it happened after I changed some settings. Then I turned it off. But the issue still stays. Is there some options I've accidentally turned on/off that causes this?
After Alt Tabbing out and into the game, the game continues to run, but the screen doesn't update anymore.

Update: Issue persists when I exchange the file that is responsible for the settings to an earlier date, two weeks ago.

Update: Changing to a different graphics card made the issue go away. Upon coming back, the issue returned.

Update: Using my backup of almost everything besides the folders inside Osu!, and it did not fix the issue.
Death
Did you try what the person directly above you suggested?
TwYee
Thank you and I apologize. I don't know how I managed not to check that.
_HazMatt
Just had this same issue, don't know why but its never happened before. Thanks for the help!
Death

Kodoro wrote:

Discord's In-game overlay may cause such issues. Try turning it off.

Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date if this doesn't work and restart your computer. Please make a new thread if you are still having issues instead of bumping an old one.