forum

How quickly do average osu players improve?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
A As An Atheist
is 1050 pp at 120 hours mark normal? Or I am improving slower than the average?
winber1
about $6 per hour or so
Eurocat
after 120 hours you should have atleast 4k pp you better start farming with DT
My Angel Jeremy
yes if you play sotarks map
DeletedUser_6869432
Why do people come here to passivelly aggressively brag about their fucking pp.
It doesn't mean shit anymore because of all the farm maps.
You're not the next cookezi.
pandaBee
Holy shit, 1050 pp in 100 hours?!!!!!! You're on pp steroids my friend!
Akanagi
Did anyone actually check this guys top ranks?
If I were you I'd ask osu support if they can't wipe your account clean so you don't get publicly shamed and bullied in MP lobbies.
Corim
probably at an average pace
DeletedUser_6869432

Rayne wrote:

Did anyone actually check this guys top ranks?
If I were you I'd ask osu support if they can't wipe your account clean so you don't get publicly shamed and bullied in MP lobbies.
In seriousness your amazing OP, I can't believe that a guy can spend 100 hours on farm maps and only have 1000pp.

It's kinda inspiring really.
KupcaH
Ugh, is playing pp maps THAT enjoyable?
RedONI
What are you doing playing with mods on already
DXPOHIHIHI
Why do people come here to passivelly aggressively brag about their fucking pp.
It doesn't mean shit anymore because of all the farm maps.
You're not the next cookezi.
You're not the next Rafis*
Teky

KupcaH wrote:

Can you emphasize on what you mean by 'pp maps' and why it's exactly bad? I am not a good player. I am a casual, and my tops plays are all what some people would consider 'pp maps'. I don't think this is 'really' bad, though. I also play long maps and maps I enjoy, I just find it easier and more motivating to play 'pp maps' first and get some pp, then move on with my day and start playing the maps I really find fun. Not to mention that a lot of TV size and similar maps are also pretty fun, I don't really get why any TV size map is seen as unfun DT farming trash, or any player who has top plays that are farm maps is instantly seen as a super inconsistent player who can never improve, and why every player who doesn't play basic maps forever and rise in star rankings by 0.0001 each play session is never going to improve.

Sorry for the rant here, I just got kinda triggered. I probably misunderstood what you meant aswell (lol) so I apologize.
KupcaH
I just mean that they're so boring to play. It's okay to play them from time to time to not be very underranked player. But to leave good high quality maps and to play trash maps with same patterns over and over? Meh.
Well, actually if people find these maps enjoyable, I don't have anything against them.
This is a game after all and games are made for having fun.
worst fl player
When i started playing csgo in august 2014 i never really thought about quiting it. ofc i got mad pretty often during the almost 3000h i've played the game, but i never seriously thought about stopping. i pracced so many hours/days/weeks to get the aim and spraycontroll that i have now, or should i say "had" until yesterday. its not only the totally op revolver that makes me sad, its the change of the ak-spray. when you work so hard to be able to perfectly spray someone down on long-distance, you know that the pracc was not for nothing. i know its just a game, but its my game... the game i used to love, the game i used to enjoy playing with friends... getting better in the game... together, as friends, as a family... it feels like all the good times are gone now. its not csgo anymore. im really sorry to say this, but i think i need to stop now. after 1.5 years of learning, enjoying and loving the ak spraypattern, i feel like there is no space for a new one. csgo devs, for the love of the game, for the love of the community and for the love of millions of players, friends and families, think about what you've done to the game and more important, what you've done to us. and even yourself...
Lancien

L-a-m-e-y [ B ] wrote:

When i started playing csgo in august 2014 i never really thought about quiting it. ofc i got mad pretty often during the almost 3000h i've played the game, but i never seriously thought about stopping. i pracced so many hours/days/weeks to get the aim and spraycontroll that i have now, or should i say "had" until yesterday. its not only the totally op revolver that makes me sad, its the change of the ak-spray. when you work so hard to be able to perfectly spray someone down on long-distance, you know that the pracc was not for nothing. i know its just a game, but its my game... the game i used to love, the game i used to enjoy playing with friends... getting better in the game... together, as friends, as a family... it feels like all the good times are gone now. its not csgo anymore. im really sorry to say this, but i think i need to stop now. after 1.5 years of learning, enjoying and loving the ak spraypattern, i feel like there is no space for a new one. csgo devs, for the love of the game, for the love of the community and for the love of millions of players, friends and families, think about what you've done to the game and more important, what you've done to us. and even yourself...
kai99

KupcaH wrote:

I just mean that they're so boring to play. It's okay to play them from time to time to not be very underranked player. But to leave good high quality maps and to play trash maps with same patterns over and over? Meh.
Well, actually if people find these maps enjoyable, I don't have anything against them.
this guy knows
ihave 400 hours into this fucking game and not 4kpp yet smh let me die in peace
worst fl player

kai99 wrote:

KupcaH wrote:

this guy knows
ihave 400 hours into this fucking game and not 4kpp yet smh let me die in peace
Hours never matter.
mulraf

KupcaH wrote:

i just got to this point recently so i can see both points. i think up to a certain point it's pretty fun to farm. you see your rank going higher and you like the competetive aspect of the game. if everyone farms maps, then your pp are a pretty estimate guess. pp maps are pretty similar in patterns but still they follow the music and have a rather good flow or otherwise you wouldn't be able to execute difficult patterns so naturally. i think it feels really good when you can hit stuff that looks harder than it is and you rise higher in the ranks.
the problem is: it's tiring. as you said it really is tiring to play the same concept over and over again. sure, even the most hardcore farmers will also play non-farm maps from time to time, but probably just not as often. the question is: when does a player start to perceive the map / farm maps as tiring? this changes from player to player and also depends on how much you really farmed. for about 500 hours i probably played 50/50 farm maps/normal maps while still enjoying every second i played. that changed recently. if i would've played 100% farm maps it probably would've been much earlier.
so for such an early stage i think it's perfectly fine if you farm a bit as long as you enjoy it. just do what you enjoy in osu! and eventually you'll grow out of your 'problematic' behaviours.
chip dinner

A As An Atheist wrote:

is 1050 pp at 120 hours mark normal? Or I am improving slower than the average?
Seems around the same speed that I was improving at, I now have 1700pp at around 140 hours with most of it being in multiplayer.
Semaphia
We're not too far apart in terms of "progress" OP, so /shrug, who knows what that means :)

KupcaH wrote:

Depends on the map, in my opinion. Before I properly knew what made a PP farm map, I stumbled upon Roses Epicurean after browsing osu! direct's most played songs for pieces I liked the sound of (I really like the ambient & downtempo stuff). On the flipside, I ended up downloading everything in the most played 100, and there were some less than stellar songs in there (although I will admit I did play that daft Cookie song a few times).

KupcaH wrote:

This is where I am now. I'm just downloading a ludicrous amount of maps through osu! direct, trying the ones I like the sound of, and seeing how many I can get through.

But to pick out a specific part of your post...

KupcaH wrote:

But to leave good high quality maps and to play trash maps with same patterns over and over? Meh.
Finding these high quality maps through osu! direct isn't as easy as it should be. If the "Top Rated" section could be broken down by song difficulty then it'd be an amazing way to find maps relative to my skill level (4-4.5* is where I'm comfortable at the moment), but almost everything on that list is way above my skill ceiling.

So I'm stuck downloading/torrenting dozens/hundreds of maps & trialing them to see which I end up liking. That's how I stumbled upon this, which I found to be a lot of fun, despite C-ranking it and probably earning negative PP for even completing it :D https://osu.ppy.sh/s/550010

Edit: I did also find a few interesting maps in multiplayer when I tried that, so maybe I should do more MP.
Nanachii
do you legit enjoy this shit or are you doing it just for the pps
also >mods
[ D e i t y ]
I know a dude that has 60 hours no prior experience to rhythm games and has almost 1800pp lol
Simon12

[ D e i t y ] wrote:

I know a dude that has 60 hours no prior experience to rhythm games and has almost 1800pp lol

Who's that?
Link to profile please
[ D e i t y ]

Simon12 wrote:

[ D e i t y ] wrote:

Who's that?
Link to profile please
users/15830435

Plays with Mouse as well lol
qwt
92hrs

2.2k PP

I don't play much but when I do I can set good scores
Arm

[ D e i t y ] wrote:

Simon12 wrote:

[ D e i t y ] wrote:

Who's that?
Link to profile please
users/15830435

Plays with Mouse as well lol
Bad acc gang
Machiavellian
For me I improve in bursts. I plateau, then spike alot. When I first played I jumped a lot, and now I'm climbing a lot. What does your setup look like? I just got a mechanical keyboard and a mouse that isnt shit and it feels amazing. Maybe your equipment is holding you back if you aren't improving at all. Thats what helped me.
MattyBRapss
150 hours 3300pp i grinded a shit ton at the start.
Ghoul1
120h 2800pp
Delpii
100H 2850pp
haha i rolypoly
bruh we had 3 fucking necroposts in a single thread lmao
show more