forum

Akiyama Uni - Kaoru Juyouka [CatchTheBeat]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Moeruattack

Ascendance wrote:

I don't think this map is ready to be qualified at all. The top diff has emphasis issues that are all over the place and it feels like an eternal struggle to even play the map.

General

Difficulty settings spread issue
  1. The current difficulty settings are very odd to me. Why are there .5s on all the lower diffs? We normally reserve stuff below or above the standard ARs (6/7/8/9) for songs with low or high BPM respectively, and this is a pretty energetic and fast paced song. A bump up on all of those to standard values is welcomed. (I might stick with current AR since BPM is kinda low, but If it gets DQ'ed 6 > 9.4 seems fine)
  2. Why is Evanent's Rain CS3.8? It breaks spread pretty heavily here considering the top diff is CS5. Moving this to CS4.5 would fit the gap so much more nicely and create a much better spread. (I don't really agree that the top diff should even be CS5, it doesn't play very well with it.) (Originally planned for CS5, since CS 4 or 4.5 is too common. 4.5 will do, but still need major remake with H-Dash issues. But still... I stay with CS5 as it was Original Idea since beginning.)

Blooming Flowers

Emphasis and structure
  1. The beginning of this map is really really bad. You start HDashing to what everyone expects between 00:01:333 (4,5) - . Suddenly, there's no HDash between the next instance of this, at 00:02:202 (4,5) - , but what's even worse is that there's an HDash between 00:02:419 (6,7) - . Why? There's nothing there that's more powerful than what is already established to the player on the first HDash. Maybe because back then I never did H-Dash on Stream, so Dashing instead, fixed later on.
  2. 00:03:615 (1,2,3,4,5) - These HDashes are just random really. At first, I was like "oh, these are mapped to the drums, it's fine I guess". Then I realized that the drums are just hitsounds. There's literally nothing there to HDash to. This artificial emphasis is very hard on a player who doesn't play with these hitsounds. This also breaks the standard structure you've been using. Hmm... Maybe I take Rain Pattern instead as referrence.
  3. Even if there were sounds there, in the VERY NEXT SEGMENT, you break consistency again and there's no HDashes on any of the previous sounds you were HDashing to 00:05:354 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - . (Hmm, I editted this back, I still remain Stream Pattern but Consistent Version for now.)
  4. 00:35:789 - This section here follows a barely hearable background instead of the main melody of the map. This (in my opinion) is fundamentally flawed and should be 100% changed. I shouldn't be straining to hear a background melody to play along to the map. (Oh yea HS issues here, fix later)
  5. The kiai is pretty nice, but it has some really huge places where jumps are REALLY overemphasized in comparison to jumps of the same sound. Distances of jumps could 100% be made to be more consistent. (Maybe Ctrl+C Ctrl+V later, just in-case of inconsistency but after 01:21:007 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1) - I added more distance as for the last climax so no change on this section. Also, nerfed a bit on 01:02:528 (6) and related..)
Hitsounding
  1. 00:49:702 - Hitsounding in this section is BARELY hearable, a different hitsound is recommended here to be able to more clearly hear the music. Lol fixed
Additional Modding (bigger issues only)
  1. 00:01:441 (5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6) - The spacing in these streams is really awkward. Some places in the stream force the player to dash and that can be uncomfortable when there isn't a consistent basis for those dashes. I'd suggest making these streams more structured. (Originally I map Stream (No H-Dash) but a little bit distance on a stronger beat while keeping distance flow, btw done remap from 00:01:007 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4) and also did completely follow the sound on 00:06:767 (6) as it seems fit for this diff. .
  2. 00:14:050 (1,2) - These are pretty uncomfortable to play due to the angle of 2 and the awkward shape of 00:14:485 (3) - . Curving 3 more and tilting 2 more to the left would be really nice here. (Fixed)

Some self-mod : 00:20:354 (2,3,4,5) using stream instead.
  3. 00:17:528 (9,1) - No clue why this is an HDash ([color=#0000F F]Gameplay wise, removed H-Dash only use Dash.[/color])
  4. 00:26:224 (5,6) - Pretty dumb edge dash, try to reduce here. (Fixed alongside similar pattern)
  5. 00:33:072 (4,5) - No HDash here breaks consistency (Fixed ^)

I'm willing to provide additional modding on all difficulties should this be DQ'd. I think the issues are quite major and are detrimental to the map's quality.
Seems like I might need a lot of time (maybe 1-2 days) considering ranking this kind of Controversial Map, but back then modder kinda less,
But I took all the suggestion up here, can DQ later on :3

Sinnoh wrote:

00:16:659 (7) - this combo is 20 objects long on the top diff
eh nani!?

Sanyi wrote:

In the description it still says "breathless", maybe it is better to update it to "YukaRei" since that is his current name?
Sure
SYAHME
eh nani!? haha, just want to increase my posts
Raiden
it seems you wish to apply some mods, go ahead
YukaRei

Ascendance wrote:

I don't think this map is ready to be qualified at all. The top diff has emphasis issues that are all over the place and it feels like an eternal struggle to even play the map.

1. Why is Evanent's Rain CS3.8? It breaks spread pretty heavily here considering the top diff is CS5. Moving this to CS4.5 would fit the gap so much more nicely and create a much better spread. (I don't really agree that the top diff should even be CS5, it doesn't play very well with it.) - Well, the original idea was to have a CS2 Overdose in the set, then I made this CS3.8 Rain, I want to keep it like this because I like it.
CS5 maps are fun.

Let's go murumuru!! ♥
Ascendance
As I said @murut the map is pretty good apart from the really glaring issues in the mod. Poke me when you’ve finished fixing the notable sections and I can go through with a full mod to get this back to qualified ASAP :)
Topic Starter
Moeruattack

Ascendance wrote:

As I said @murut the map is pretty good apart from the really glaring issues in the mod. Poke me when you’ve finished fixing the notable sections and I can go through with a full mod to get this back to qualified ASAP :)
All done, some edits on previous mod note I left, since it seems like I wanted to stay CS5 as Intended to (idk I felt like something wrong if it was 4 and 4.5), the beginning map already remapped,
I think its done :)
YukaRei
I like the diff with CS5, I like all the mapset, It feels really frustrating that because someone doesn't like it makes murumuru to remap the highest diff or makes changes that could be made long time ago, the diff was modded in base of that CS, remapping now is what doesn't make any sense. Ctb mapping is really getting standardized, this is dissapointing.

It seems like someone is only coming to mapsets to get them disqualified...

S U B J E C T I V E
SYAHME
I think this maps can re-qualified
Topic Starter
Moeruattack

YukaRei wrote:

I like the diff with CS5, I like all the mapset, It feels really frustrating that because someone doesn't like it makes murumuru to remap the highest diff or makes changes that could be made long time ago, the diff was modded in base of that CS, remapping now is what doesn't make any sense. Ctb mapping is really getting standardized, this is dissapointing.

S U B J E C T I V E
Different mapper have different opinion I guess, but yes, remapping could be frustrating if others have no problem with it.
As if CS5 not fit to the map, but it was already in my intention to map CS5 since beginning.

Mappers strive to find new ideas so they have their own identity, but some are half-baked or might just improvise old idea and make it different or just make something copy-paste and done, which they became a barrier to old/new mapper nowdays. I did map just for fun, but I did a lot of test-play, finding ways to find appropriate pattern, and as the result, this is what it came to my mind. I know its half-baked and repetitive stuff, but thats how mod works.

I accept modders opinion and players opinion, but sometimes I tend to accept something that makes it breaks original purpose, but that also give something for future mapping I could do some...years.

For now, lets just see how it goes ;)

SYAHME wrote:

I think this maps can re-qualified
It can already, but since I already poke Ascendance, i wait for this week :p
Ascendance

YukaRei wrote:

S U B J E C T I V E
I'd appreciate if you didn't make such accusatory statements towards me. If I wanted to only DQ this map, I wouldn't have offered to come back and help it be pushed back into qualified. Also, I definitely was not the only one who had issue with the set, in fact, someone else who had an issue with the set was the one who approached me about it. All of your points really make me upset because it makes me think you really don't understand anything about the modding or mapping process. Just relax and stop throwing out needless stuff, we're working hard to move this back to qualified.

Top diff looks nicer now, here's some distance stuff i noticed while playing:

1. 00:18:181 (1) - Useless NC, remove it
  2. 00:17:528 (9,1) - pretty hard jump, increase it to an hdash!
  3. 00:19:267 (5,6) - this would feel much nicer with an hdash for such a strong sound.
  4. 00:20:137 (1,2) - pretty far also, reduce or make into an hdash
  5. 00:21:224 (2) - tilt more towards 3 for a more natural movement?
  6. 00:33:181 (5,6) - decrease distance or make it into an hdash
  7. 00:34:050 (1,2) - depending on what you do with the earlier mod of this pattern, change it to be consistent
  8. 00:58:833 (5) - x:199 makes the pattern a bit more smooth here
  9. 01:05:354 (1,2) - really squished pattern here, try 01:05:572 (2) - x:394!
  10. 01:10:572 - I'm pretty upset that you copypasted the previous kiai :/ it makes the map not as fun as it could be. I hate when mappers do this so I can't really help if you don't want to change this. Just try to apply suggestions from the previous kiai if you decide to keep that.
After he applies these, I'm okay with the mapset going forward again @BNs. Good luck from here on out :)
Topic Starter
Moeruattack

Ascendance wrote:

YukaRei wrote:

S U B J E C T I V E
I'd appreciate if you didn't make such accusatory statements towards me. If I wanted to only DQ this map, I wouldn't have offered to come back and help it be pushed back into qualified. Also, I definitely was not the only one who had issue with the set, in fact, someone else who had an issue with the set was the one who approached me about it. All of your points really make me upset because it makes me think you really don't understand anything about the modding or mapping process. Just relax and stop throwing out needless stuff, we're working hard to move this back to qualified.

Top diff looks nicer now, here's some distance stuff i noticed while playing:

1. 00:18:181 (1) - Useless NC, remove it Sure
  2. 00:17:528 (9,1) - pretty hard jump, increase it to an hdash! Told ya, thats why I keep H-Dash. Revert but more easy one lol.
  3. 00:19:267 (5,6) - this would feel much nicer with an hdash for such a strong sound. Cool
  4. 00:20:137 (1,2) - pretty far also, reduce or make into an hdash H-Dash
  5. 00:21:224 (2) - tilt more towards 3 for a more natural movement? Done
  6. 00:33:181 (5,6) - decrease distance or make it into an hdash H-Dash seems ok since its on second beat.
  7. 00:34:050 (1,2) - depending on what you do with the earlier mod of this pattern, change it to be consistent Consistent... seems like it adds PP but hope it works fine, pretty nice flow though.
  8. 00:58:833 (5) - x:199 makes the pattern a bit more smooth here Sure
  9. 01:05:354 (1,2) - really squished pattern here, try 01:05:572 (2) - x:394! Sure
  10. 01:10:572 - I'm pretty upset that you copypasted the previous kiai :/ it makes the map not as fun as it could be. I hate when mappers do this so I can't really help if you don't want to change this. Just try to apply suggestions from the previous kiai if you decide to keep that. I think I keep it, maybe I already mind about making something a little bit different with different hitsoundings but that might remapping whole mapset (and *uhuk* i don`t like make bn/qat do more stuff *uhuk*), since it fits the song and pattern, so repeating pattern is fine. But next time on future will be no more lazy mapping :3
After he applies these, I'm okay with the mapset going forward again @BNs. Good luck from here on out :)
OK Done, now mapset ready. Now relax XD
YukaRei
Sorry for all the troubles I caused to you murumuru uwu

It seems like now is ready :)
JBHyperion
Why doesn't 00:49:920 (1) - start on the downbeat at 00:49:702 - for the strong wind instrument sound like 00:53:180 (1) - does?

Otherwise fine, call me back
Topic Starter
Moeruattack

JBHyperion wrote:

Why doesn't 00:49:920 (1) - start on the downbeat at 00:49:702 - for the strong wind instrument sound like 00:53:180 (1) - does?

Otherwise fine, call me back
Hmm somewhat ok with current but seems like I done change like how 00:53:180 (1) was
Maybe i had no idea xd

*editted* Its cup diff, no wonder xd

fixed
JBHyperion
Whoops, I thought I wrote that it was in Cup but guess I forgot. Fixed now anyway so let's give this another go.

Rebubbled~
YukaRei
Owo
Topic Starter
Moeruattack
umu
celerih
[
Cup
]

1. 00:47:094 (2) - has higher pitch so can you make it so this one is more horizontal than 00:46:224 (1) -
  2. 00:48:833 (4,1) - and distance here is particularly small, can you increase it?

[
Salad
]

1. 00:21:007 (3,1) - dash here is way weaker than all the other ones of the start of the map see 00:14:050 (3,1) - 00:07:094 (3,1) - I'd recommend making it a dash that's close in distance to the other ones, since this is all on the same sound
  2. 00:34:920 (3) - on this drum hit sound 00:35:354 - you always had dashes, would be cool to have one here too for consistency. Would rather nicely tie up the entire start of the map imo

Other diffs look good to me, call me once you've replied to these couple of points ^^
Topic Starter
Moeruattack

celerih wrote:

[
Cup
]

1. 00:47:094 (2) - has higher pitch so can you make it so this one is more horizontal than 00:46:224 (1) - Look kinda fractional changes but sure
  2. 00:48:833 (4,1) - and distance here is particularly small, can you increase it? Hmm, since it changes that, I might added a bit distance on all of the 00:49:702 (1,2,3,4,1). The second (1) i turned to 2x instead since it has high pitch.

[
Salad
]

1. 00:21:007 (3,1) - dash here is way weaker than all the other ones of the start of the map see 00:14:050 (3,1) - 00:07:094 (3,1) - I'd recommend making it a dash that's close in distance to the other ones, since this is all on the same sound I think I used a bit anti-flow to make something a little different, so lesser distance on 00:21:007 seems a bit fair, 00:07:963 (1) and 00:14:050 (3,1) have different stronger distance since its not really anti-flow.
  2. 00:34:920 (3) - on this drum hit sound 00:35:354 - you always had dashes, would be cool to have one here too for consistency. Would rather nicely tie up the entire start of the map imo Ok removed repeated and making different movements

Other diffs look good to me, call me once you've replied to these couple of points ^^
Done updated :p
celerih
(:

Rebubbling due to change in metadata. Removed the space in the artist field and changed source to "東方緋想天 ~ Scarlet Weather Rhapsody"
Before I get screamed at because of the dot, I was able to find no official sources that use the dot in the game's name, so that's what we're going with for now

Sources:
https://www.tasofro.net/touhou105/cd.html
https://kourindou.exblog.jp/5695435/
Topic Starter
Moeruattack
hope i dont mess up small stuff lul, 2 many bub and pop
JBHyperion
channelling my inner cirno

re-'d
-rage
gratss on qualify! love this song
Topic Starter