M2U & NICODE - Myosotis (feat. Guriri & Lucy) [Taiko|Osu]

posted
Total Posts
show more
MaridiuS

StarrStyx wrote:

hey

[MaridiuS]
00:14:260 - I don't really think this should be left unmapped, consider a circle or starting a 1/2 circle here I really see no importance in this note which I don't even hear to map it.
00:30:760 (2) - since the sounds dont really sound that different how about just changing this to circles just like 00:31:135 (1,2) - , or changing these two circles to a slider it has a higher pitch therefore a slider to emphasize it.
00:33:760 (3,4,5,6,1) - small suggestion, how about doing a pentagon for these considering the music is quite calm here and might support it good idea https://starrstyx.s-ul.eu/F7MX51Ic (preferable to use polygon circles but u get the idea)
00:35:072 (2,3,4,5,6) - suggesting the same about for this as well (a ds-oriented pattern kinda works) alright will try some things out
00:48:572 (4,5) - jump is a bit too large imo tbh it varies a bit based on structure, its not the biggest just and there are plenty like this,
the structure is based on jumps as large as this.

01:11:822 (4) - how about a 1/4 slider leading into the next object? (or just change (3,4) to sliders, but this suggestion seems cooler) I don't find the pitch prominent enough to use 1/4 sliders here.
01:25:697 (4) - ctrl+g this? (kinda matching the concept of 01:19:322 (1,2,3,4) - that both sliders are facing the same direction, idk how to say it) 01:25:322 (1,2,3,4) - they are the same so I see no problem here.
02:04:322 (4) - this jump is way too far lol arguably the most prominent beat in the song so I think it's warranted. Especially since the movement is quite comfy.
thanks ;p
Noffy
sb mod below (?) after looking at it while discussing it with ayyri a bit

Disable the map background, it's ever under your storyboard and is raising the sb load needlessly.

Some ideas to optimize the storyboard some more:

Format: a box containing an image of what I'm referring to, and a suggestion below.

For the ring of flowers, instead of having ~50+ individual flower images all with tons of movement commands, have a single image of the entire ring with a single looping rotation command. This alone would cut down your line count by like 8000....

you have the lyrics rendered per character, but they dont move seperately from eachother. Maybe have solid images for each lyric line instead.

instead of having a bazillion commands to have all these individual little boop squares to make the big black transition, instead have ONE boop image with a vector scale command. This would use BottomCentre as its origin, and be as wide as the screen. The vector scale would stretch its y axis to gradually cover the screen. You would then have the individual boop images along the top edge of it to maintain your current kind of "eating away" effect. (like a set of 20 that would move without tweening to their new positions each time)

edit:
another note about that transition, you still have the stars and their commands active underneath it, further adding to sb load. disable them once they're covered.

Why is it that your music notes fade both in and out later than the lyrics in the intro?

Instead of having each piece of each music note and the intro lyrics be seperate images, consider making one long horizontally scrolling image instead. You could then have a white to transparent gradient image that would go over that, keeping the fade-in and fade-out effects w/ far fewer active sprites and lines.

Also, because the background is a solid color, this suggestion could have the image as opaque instead of transparent, with it being the second to last layer (so you could save as a size-efficient jpg or somesort).

01:19:135 - round up the scaling used on this boop image here, it's currently slightly too thin and has visible white on the edges in 16:9

holy cow. how many sprites does this even use D:? I can't even count it. This is like, one of the most processing-intense parts of the storyboard with relatively little visual payoff, because the spectrums changing in size aren't even super noticeable.
A similar effect could be achieved by making a solid image of the circle (not including the solid circle overlay) and dividing it into, say, 10 parts. You would then use looping fade commands with slightly different timings for each of the 10 pieces, like, a wave around the circle. This could be similar without killing non-top-of-the-line-pcs. Or maybe have a spinning flower image inside the circle instead.. i'd think that'd be cute and would fit with the storyboard overall.

o/
Topic Starter
Akareh
Thanks for checking, noffy :)
Myka's waiting on mari's remap and ayyri's diffs before updating SB.

Changed metadata after discussing with ayyri in discord. Actually my original metadata was okay but I guess we'll go with the most common naming scheme. Added source for new metadata to map description.
Vulkin
Ayyri sent me here

IMO there should be a rearrangement of SB elements in the taiko diffs, because the bar is blocking everything imo
proof: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10295865
But since i saw "before updating SB", idk how it will turn out so...
also 00:41:635 - where it says "Si Nos Amas, Serva Nos", If its spanish, pretty sure its "Sálvanos" but idk

-Ayyri's Muzukashii-
00:11:635 (20,21) - you could ctrl+g these, pitch is reflected a bit better imo
00:33:010 - could have used a slow down sv effect, the song is far less dense here, and the change could contrast it better, and then make it from 00:42:760 - gradually increase back
00:36:385 (10,11) - why not a ctrl+g? the k could make a better contrast with the pitch change of the voice
01:07:510 (123,125) - could make these a k too? would follow the voice instead of just the instruments
01:10:885 (137) - and why not a k? could do an inverse pattern with the d ddd
01:15:010 (153) - this could really fit as a D, because it would make a good contrast with the voice's pitch change, specially since it'll go along with 01:15:760 (154) -
02:07:510 (202) - ^
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10295977 wut

-Ayyri's Oni-
00:36:385 (153,154) - Could ctrl+g these, the pitch change is better represented if done so imo
00:33:010 - could make a slow down here, and then speed up at 00:42:760 - , would be a nice touch following the density of the song
01:07:510 (317,319) - why not k on these? would follow the voice instead of just the instruments
01:15:010 (356) - could really fit as D, would follow the voice's pitch a bit more accurately imo, specially with the contrast with the next K
02:07:510 (654) - ^
Realazy

Vulkin wrote:

Ayyri sent me here

IMO there should be a rearrangement of SB elements in the taiko diffs, because the bar is blocking everything imo
proof: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10295865
But since i saw "before updating SB", idk how it will turn out so...
also 00:41:635 - where it says "Si Nos Amas, Serva Nos", If its spanish, pretty sure its "Sálvanos" but idk

-Ayyri's Muzukashii-
00:11:635 (20,21) - you could ctrl+g these, pitch is reflected a bit better imo
00:33:010 - could have used a slow down sv effect, the song is far less dense here, and the change could contrast it better, and then make it from 00:42:760 - gradually increase back
00:36:385 (10,11) - why not a ctrl+g? the k could make a better contrast with the pitch change of the voice
01:07:510 (123,125) - could make these a k too? would follow the voice instead of just the instruments
01:10:885 (137) - and why not a k? could do an inverse pattern with the d ddd
01:15:010 (153) - this could really fit as a D, because it would make a good contrast with the voice's pitch change, specially since it'll go along with 01:15:760 (154) -
02:07:510 (202) - ^
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10295977 wut

-Ayyri's Oni-
00:36:385 (153,154) - Could ctrl+g these, the pitch change is better represented if done so imo
00:33:010 - could make a slow down here, and then speed up at 00:42:760 - , would be a nice touch following the density of the song
01:07:510 (317,319) - why not k on these? would follow the voice instead of just the instruments
01:15:010 (356) - could really fit as D, would follow the voice's pitch a bit more accurately imo, specially with the contrast with the next K
02:07:510 (654) - ^
Topic Starter
Akareh

Vulkin wrote:

Actually, "Sírvenos" would be closer to what's being sung. But anyway lyrics are in latin, not spanish so xdd.
SB will be updated after mari finishes remapping extra, that way myka only has to update once (hopefully). I already told him about taiko lyrics/musical note stuff.

Ayyri sent me the files, changes updated.
FrenZ
Hi from my queue :)

:?: Suggestion
:!: Problem

(taking that directly from one the posts above lol)

ExtradiuS

:!: 00:13:885 (2,1) - Why is the white tick not mapped? There is a piano sound there if you listen closely. I would place a circle where 00:14:822 (3) - is, and then properly combo that pattern so it changes a combo every four notes, or two white ticks.
:?: 00:55:041 (5,6) - I know you're trying to emphasize the kick, but I would decrease the spacing (based on distance snap) from 2 to 1.5 for these two circles. Feels excessive.
:?: 01:01:041 (1,2,3,4,1) - WOAH. Ok, same thing as before. I would decrease the spacing (again, based on DS) from 01:01:041 (1,2) - to 2 and 01:01:135 (2,3,4,1) - to 1.6.
:?: 01:01:510 (1) - To improve flow, rotate this 15 degrees counterclockwise.
:?: 01:56:822 (8,1,2,3,4) - This is kind of hard to explain with words, so here's a picture of what I did: https://gyazo.com/f1a96c8f7a539ffb38a4cd23c5b975a8 | The slider (1) has been rotated 20 degrees counterclockwise to improve flow and is now snapped to 01:55:885 (2) -

Nice difficulty :D

Insane

There's nothing wrong with it, holy shit amazing difficulty man

Hard

I don't anything that should be changed, nice job

Normal
:?: 00:30:010 (3) - I would avoid irregular slider shapes in normals since inexperienced players might not know how to follow them.
:?: 01:10:510 (3) - Same thing as above.
:!: 01:15:010 (2) - Yeah it's an aesthetic shape, but players at this level probably can't follow this!

Good diff otherwise!

General

Be careful about where you guys are ending your difficulties. I don't believe it's unrankable for some difficulties in this specific scenario to be longer than others, but you might want to be consistent about it.

Good luck!
Topic Starter
Akareh

Akareh wrote:

Please, don't mod extra. Remap is coming
*mods extra*
:thinking:

FrenZ396 wrote:

General

Be careful about where you guys are ending your difficulties. I don't believe it's unrankable for some difficulties in this specific scenario to be longer than others, but you might want to be consistent about it.

Good luck!
Afaik that rule was put in place since way back when there were maps with 3min Insanes and like 1min/2 easy and normal diffs. So yeah, this case shouldn't really be unrankable since it's just a few seconds on the outro and the majority of the song is mapped in all diffs.

Glad you liked my diffs, thanks for checking!
Mykaterasu

Noffy wrote:

sb mod below (?) after looking at it while discussing it with ayyri a bit I think it would have been better to discuss it with me instead, but oh well.

Disable the map background, it's ever under your storyboard and is raising the sb load needlessly. sb load isn't an accurate representation of anything. It's a remnant of an era of the editor that is long gone, and it doesn't actually say anything about performance. I think that you can agree that 5 images that cover the screen is a lot less performance intensive than 5000 particles moving about the screen, yet the first example would be sb load 5.0x and the 2nd would be close to 1.0x.
That said; how? I haven't got the map background in the sb?

Some ideas to optimize the storyboard some more:

Format: a box containing an image of what I'm referring to, and a suggestion below.

For the ring of flowers, instead of having ~50+ individual flower images all with tons of movement commands, have a single image of the entire ring with a single looping rotation command. This alone would cut down your line count by like 8000.... I have no means to generate that image intrinsically other than man-power. Going this route isn't a big deal since the cmd/s is still pretty low so I don't have to change it, but I will look into it regardless.

you have the lyrics rendered per character, but they dont move seperately from eachother. Maybe have solid images for each lyric line instead. Similar response as before, but per character lyrics are actually far more optimised than line lyrics simply by the re-use of characters. There is a give and take at play, memory for performance, but the memory saved and the performance dip is so marginally low that it is almost always seen as better to use the easier option until you are forced to save one or the other because of limits. So that's what I did.

instead of having a bazillion commands to have all these individual little boop squares to make the big black transition, instead have ONE boop image with a vector scale command. This would use BottomCentre as its origin, and be as wide as the screen. The vector scale would stretch its y axis to gradually cover the screen. You would then have the individual boop images along the top edge of it to maintain your current kind of "eating away" effect. (like a set of 20 that would move without tweening to their new positions each time) I will work on this

edit:
another note about that transition, you still have the stars and their commands active underneath it, further adding to sb load. disable them once they're covered.

Why is it that your music notes fade both in and out later than the lyrics in the intro? Looks like a delay variable isn't working correctly, looking into it.

Instead of having each piece of each music note and the intro lyrics be seperate images, consider making one long horizontally scrolling image instead. You could then have a white to transparent gradient image that would go over that, keeping the fade-in and fade-out effects w/ far fewer active sprites and lines. SB image size limits and scaling text to fit like that would mean that you'd get stretchy unreadable text or 50% of the space would be empty. There's no need to go and pull hair out trying to do that and make it work when you can use smaller and more manipulable objects instead.

Also, because the background is a solid color, this suggestion could have the image as opaque instead of transparent, with it being the second to last layer (so you could save as a size-efficient jpg or somesort).

01:19:135 - round up the scaling used on this boop image here, it's currently slightly too thin and has visible white on the edges in 16:9 I don't see them. What the editor sees and what the player sees are separate sizes, just as in mapping - but it wouldn't hurt

holy cow. how many sprites does this even use D:? I can't even count it. This is like, one of the most processing-intense parts of the storyboard with relatively little visual payoff, because the spectrums changing in size aren't even super noticeable.
A similar effect could be achieved by making a solid image of the circle (not including the solid circle overlay) and dividing it into, say, 10 parts. You would then use looping fade commands with slightly different timings for each of the 10 pieces, like, a wave around the circle. This could be similar without killing non-top-of-the-line-pcs. Or maybe have a spinning flower image inside the circle instead.. i'd think that'd be cute and would fit with the storyboard overall.will look into.

o/
o
FL37

FrenZ396 wrote:

Normal
00:30:010 (3) - I would avoid irregular slider shapes in normals since inexperienced players might not know how to follow them.
01:10:510 (3) - Same thing as above.
01:15:010 (2) - Yeah it's an aesthetic shape, but players at this level probably can't follow this!
All of those have pretty simple movement pattern and they are really slow, so I don't think they are that big of a problem.
No changes
Kilabarus
From Illuminati

General

1. Turn on epilepsy warning in Taiko diffs
FlameL's Normal

1. Maybe set up DS as 1.1 - 1.2 in the beginning?? With your DS objects are really close and it's kinda ehh tho it's not hard to fix
  2. 00:55:135 (5,6,1) - Not sure if it's allowed in the lowest diff, maybe put 1/2 slider here?
  3. 01:02:822 - Following your previous patterns ( 00:36:760 (2,3,4) - 00:41:260 (5,6,1) - ) here should be a circle
  4. 01:06:010 (1) - This is really embarassing for new players and practically never used in low diffs nowadays
Hard

1. 00:29:260 (2) - Try out this rhythm instead https://puu.sh/zuPnB/043ef4b90f.png
  2. 00:54:010 (1) - I don't get your idea with stacks here but this should definitely be spaced out as strong sound
  3. 01:08:260 (3) - Why don't you just use 2 1/2 sliders here as everywhere?
  4. 01:25:416 (4,5) - Is it supposed to be like that?
  5. 01:41:260 (3) - I think this can be separated in 2 1/4 sliders for better emphasizing
Insane

1. 01:00:947 (9) - Put NC here?
GL
Topic Starter
Akareh

MashaSG wrote:

From Illuminati I welcome our new triangle overlords

General

1. Turn on epilepsy warning in Taiko diffs
woops, fixed

Hard

1. 00:29:260 (2) - Try out this rhythm instead https://puu.sh/zuPnB/043ef4b90f.png yep
  2. 00:54:010 (1) - I don't get your idea with stacks here but this should definitely be spaced out as strong sound Nah, I think it's fine as is.
    I'm not really using 1/4 spaced patterns except on kiai, so I stacked for distance-time equality here.

3. 01:08:260 (3) - Why don't you just use 2 1/2 sliders here as everywhere? you know what, might as well tbh
  4. 01:25:416 (4,5) - Is it supposed to be like that? It was, to fix stacking, but I don't know how the fuck to do that properly and honestly doesn't seem like a huge deal so meh
  5. 01:41:260 (3) - I think this can be separated in 2 1/4 sliders for better emphasizing yeah
Insane

1. 01:00:947 (9) - Put NC here? Nah, I'm sticking to NC every new measure.
GL
Thanks! :) Waiting on Lancer for update
FL37

MashaSG wrote:

From Illuminati

FlameL's Normal

1. Maybe set up DS as 1.1 - 1.2 in the beginning?? With your DS objects are really close and it's kinda ehh tho it's not hard to fix Changed to 1.05 xD
  2. 00:55:135 (5,6,1) - Not sure if it's allowed in the lowest diff, maybe put 1/2 slider here? It's allowed
  3. 01:02:822 - Following your previous patterns ( 00:36:760 (2,3,4) - 00:41:260 (5,6,1) - ) here should be a circle This vocal is not as powerful as the others and I want to focus mostly on strong sounds in this section
  4. 01:06:010 (1) - This is really embarassing for new players and practically never used in low diffs nowadays It fits the music tho

GL
Thanks.
Also made some small changes to pattern aesthetic (probably no sb changes needed).
https://puu.sh/zvj7U.osu
Topic Starter
Akareh
Updated ~
Realazy
modded ayyri's diffs on irc
23:58 *Real is editing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1556685 M2U & NICODE - Myosotis (feat. Guriri & Lucy) [Ayyri's Muzukashii]]
23:58 *Ayyri is editing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1556685 M2U & NICODE - Myosotis (feat. Guriri & Lucy) [Ayyri's Muzukashii]]
23:58 Ayyri: o:
23:58 Real: 00:03:010 - i think d d k could be nice to emphasize the piano note on 00:03:760 -
23:59 Ayyri: 00:03:385 - high vocal tho
23:59 Ayyri: 00:03:760 - having this as a k would deemphasize 00:04:510 -
00:00 Real: i think the vocal is higher pitched on 00:03:760 - though
00:00 Real: and that note later would have the same emphasis as 00:03:760 - i guess
00:00 Real: since you're leaving a break before it
00:01 Ayyri: imo 00:03:760 - is lower pitched because the vocal continues
00:01 Ayyri: at the same pace
00:01 Ayyri: and goes down at 00:04:135 -
00:01 Real: fair
00:02 Real: 00:21:572 (8,9,10) - really think kkk fits that weird instrument better here
00:02 Real: also plays a tad better i gues
00:03 Ayyri: oke
00:03 Ayyri: the strings
00:03 Ayyri: also fits with the kick, i suppose
00:03 Ayyri: @ 00:21:760 -
00:04 Real: 00:27:385 (31,32,33) - i guess i get why there's a triple here but i think it's really faint in the music
00:04 Real: and it doesn't stand out as well as the doubles you hve
00:05 Ayyri: you mean the piano?
00:05 Real: yes
00:06 Ayyri: i'll just move it to 00:28:978 - then
00:06 Ayyri: so the density is consistent
00:06 Ayyri: and isn't like
00:06 Ayyri: going down at the very end
00:07 Ayyri: which feels off
00:08 Real: good
00:10 Real: 00:43:322 (36) - note feels a bit unnecessary, the finisher would have more emphasis if you deleted that note
00:12 Ayyri: i think the finisher would stick out like a sore thumb if it was all by itself
00:12 Ayyri: considering it would have a 1/1 break right before it
00:12 Ayyri: then a 2/1 break right after it
00:13 Ayyri: which is kinda.. lackluster
00:15 Real: fair
00:16 Real: 00:49:885 (60) - could delete this to be consistent with the start of the kiai, would also add another break which could be nice
00:17 Ayyri: idm either way
00:18 Ayyri: but the reason there's a note there
00:18 Ayyri: is difficulty progression
00:18 Ayyri: + so it's not exactly the same as the first time
00:18 Ayyri: which
00:18 Ayyri: as you did say
00:18 Ayyri: could also be taken as inconsistent
00:18 Real: i think difficulty progression is already kinda shown in the fact that the second kiai is more dense
00:18 Ayyri: fair
00:19 Real: 01:06:385 - could delete this note, this kiai is much denser and a break would be welcome. also, it'd make the buildup start alongside the vocals which is a pretty nice touch imo
00:20 Ayyri: imo
00:20 Ayyri: generally speaking
00:20 Ayyri: doing that feels weird
00:20 Ayyri: having a break at the start
00:20 Ayyri: i'd rather have one at the end
00:20 Ayyri: but i don't mind as much in this case
00:21 Real: i agree with that but i think here it fits much better to have it at the start
00:21 Ayyri: ye
00:22 Real: 01:10:885 - 01:11:072 - would be nice to ctrl+g them, would make the whole pattern play much better and fits the strings' pitch much better
00:24 Ayyri: oke
00:27 Real: 01:20:635 (10) - what about having d here for that wub sound? it'd fit kinda well considering the pitch of the melody is also going down imoi
00:28 Ayyri: 01:20:635 - d k d
00:28 Ayyri: bc 01:20:822 - & 01:21:010 - are not the same pitch
00:29 Ayyri: also contrasts better w/ 01:21:385 -
00:29 Real: fair
00:29 Real: how about d on 01:20:260 - then? i still think the decreasing pitch should be emphasized somehow
00:30 Ayyri: tbh they sound the same pitch to me
00:30 Ayyri: but
00:30 Ayyri: if you use a different line of reasoning, it makes more sense
00:30 Ayyri: 01:19:885 - kick
00:30 Ayyri: 01:20:260 - not a kick
00:30 Ayyri: :3
00:31 Real: !
00:31 Ayyri: !!
00:32 Real: 01:21:760 (16) - d could be nice here, this sounds much lower than the growl before it imo
00:33 Real: and if you apply that, changing 01:21:947 (17,18) - to kk would play and feel a lot better imo
00:33 Real: since the next double is on lower pitched wubs
00:33 Ayyri: ya i already did that
00:33 Ayyri: d dd dd
00:33 Ayyri: would be
00:33 Ayyri: uncomfy
00:34 Real: 01:22:885 (23,24,25) - it sounds like the pitch is higher on 24 than on 23 and 25 to me, maybe dkd?
00:36 Real: d k d
00:37 Ayyri: idm either way
00:37 Ayyri: so sure
00:37 Ayyri: xd
00:39 Real: 01:26:260 (37) - d just like previously
00:39 Real: 01:32:260 (63) - and here as well
00:41 Real: 01:34:885 (76,77,78) - aaaaaaaand d k d here
00:42 Ayyri: ok bb
00:42 Real: 01:50:072 (137,138,139) - kkk here would fit the instruments' pitches going up much better, and play more comfortably
00:42 Ayyri: oke b
00:48 *Real is editing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1555656 M2U & NICODE - Myosotis (feat. Guriri & Lucy) [Ayyri's Oni]]
00:48 Real: 00:14:635 (30) - i think d here fits better considering the higher pitch only really stands out on the next note
00:49 Ayyri: but my finisher
00:50 Real: wot finisher
00:51 Ayyri: oh i'm retarded
00:51 Ayyri: i didn't see that you switched
00:51 Ayyri: bc i was looking at discord
00:51 Ayyri: LOL
00:51 Ayyri: ya i can do wot you said
00:51 Ayyri: np
00:51 Real: ggggggg
00:53 Real: 00:22:322 (76,77,78) - i think kdk fits the pitch better here, and also how the piano is playing the same note as 00:22:135 (75) - on 86
00:53 Real: 76*
00:54 Ayyri: ok
00:54 Ayyri: now i can say
00:54 Ayyri: but my finisher
00:55 Real: pft
00:59 Ayyri: did you post anything before i died
00:59 Real: nop
01:00 Ayyri: aaa
01:06 Ayyri: ok we good now
01:06 Real: yay
01:07 Real: 00:29:447 - might wanna add a note here to fit the melody, you already have a break right after so it should be ifne
01:08 Ayyri: what was the last point
01:08 Ayyri: about the piano
01:08 Ayyri: tho
01:08 Real: what
01:09 Ayyri: the one before that one
01:09 Ayyri: before death
01:09 Real: iwanted you to have kdk on 00:22:322 (76,77,78) -
01:09 Real: but yuh finisher
01:09 Ayyri: i could also make it 1/6
01:09 Ayyri: :thonk
01:10 Real: muH SPREAD
01:11 Ayyri: it's
01:11 Ayyri: ok
01:11 Ayyri: it top diff.
01:12 Real: 00:56:353 (257) - i think that note is kinda unnecessary tbh, there's nothing in the song that really justifies a 5plet
01:12 Real: ,
01:13 Ayyri: held vocal w
01:13 Real: 00:56:072 (254,255,256,257,258,259,260,261) - OK WHY ISNT THIS A 9 NOTE STREAM THEN
01:13 Real: :rage:
01:14 Ayyri: but muh spread
01:14 Real: ok i stop modding
01:14 Ayyri: WTF
01:14 Real: 01:09:572 (325,326) - k k here would fit the strings pitch better imo
01:15 Ayyri: ok b
01:15 Real: 01:28:697 (439) - finisher would b Nice imo
01:16 Ayyri: sure
01:16 Real: i would say 01:40:697 (523) - same here but it's in a pretty dense chain so idk
01:17 Ayyri: i do it
01:17 Ayyri: !
01:17 Real: wow!
01:17 Real: that's it for meeee
01:19 Ayyri: oke
01:19 Ayyri: !!
Pachiru
[Maridius]
  1. 00:28:135 (3,4) - This pattern could be improved it this sound wasn't mapped with such a low spacing with the previous note. By increasing the spacing, it will give a better emphasis of the beat.
  2. 00:09:760 (2) - Ending this slider here instead 00:10:135 - would be better since there is an important vocal here.
  3. 00:19:135 - I'm not really fan of reducing the hitsounds so much here, cause I think it give less feedback of the piano sounds.
  4. 01:48:947 (2,1) - The flow of this pattern could be improved, cause actually the most difficult part of this pattern is here 01:48:947 (2,1) - due to the flow while the most intense sound is here: 01:49:322 (2) - so maybe simplify this flow in order to make the flow of this 01:49:135 (1,2) - harder.
  5. 01:54:010 (1) - Since the sound is strong here, add more spacing, something in the same way like this one 01:56:822 (4,1) - can be good (not the pattern shape but the distance).
  6. There is some places where strong beats aren't mapped with a jump, where sometimes it needs, especially during the kiai part.
Guess that's all, also, very nice work on the storyboard Myka :)
MaridiuS

Pachiru wrote:

[Maridius]
  1. 00:28:135 (3,4) - This pattern could be improved it this sound wasn't mapped with such a low spacing with the previous note. By increasing the spacing, it will give a better emphasis of the beat. This is actually a different kind of emphasis where 2 similar sounding sounds are grouped close as a form of emphasis.
  2. 00:09:760 (2) - Ending this slider here instead 00:10:135 - would be better since there is an important vocal here.u're right, fixed.
  3. 00:19:135 - I'm not really fan of reducing the hitsounds so much here, cause I think it give less feedback of the piano sounds. im too lazy to use my brains for hitsounds when akareh did them, please check this out akey.
  4. 01:48:947 (2,1) - The flow of this pattern could be improved, cause actually the most difficult part of this pattern is here 01:48:947 (2,1) - due to the flow while the most intense sound is here: 01:49:322 (2) - so maybe simplify this flow in order to make the flow of this 01:49:135 (1,2) - harder. I feel like grouping these two sounds is more important which I tried to accomplish with the movement to (1) while (2) still making the spacing (2) high enough,
    gradual difficulty increasment didn't feel as prominent as this, especially on 1/4 sliders.

5. 01:54:010 (1) - Since the sound is strong here, add more spacing, something in the same way like this one 01:56:822 (4,1) - can be good (not the pattern shape but the distance). I've used reverse emphasis far too often and it contrasts nicely the drum jumps. however, I made the jump more difficult now.
  6. There is some places where strong beats aren't mapped with a jump, where sometimes it needs, especially during the kiai part.

Ah nice, first mod and I already have the opportunity to explain. Basically the kiai is too energetic with various piano intensities done randomly while the kicks and snares are on metronome. If I were to emphasize only those with spacing I would get a quite stale section with only 1 out of 3 movements being spaced which was like in my old map. So I just decided to contrast the overall fast movement of 2 out of 3 with reversed emphasis to express those stronger sounds resulting in a section that follows both the energetic and exciting feeling of the song overall while also expressing individual sounds in a little bit unusual way.
Guess that's all, also, very nice work on the storyboard Myka :)
thanks.
Hollow Delta
Mod on MaridiuS' diff as requested

You left countdown on xp
Should ask the storyboarder to fix the little cursor thing that follows the notes in the other diffs.

1. 00:57:666 - I think a more consistent rhythm would have the 1/4 mapped as at 00:56:166 (4) - this part is mapped as a 1/4 jump, which I feel would strain the player more. The same might apply 01:02:166 -
  2. 01:24:947 (4) - I feel the slider would be overwhelming to play, as the note it sounds like it's mapped to ends on the white tick, and the shape seems similar to 01:24:291 (1) - in complexity. I feel a better rhythm would be https://puu.sh/zx90l/0f258ba2a9.png with 2 having sv of .5 because it puts stress on 01:25:322 -
Not much I could find. gl xp
MaridiuS

Bubblun wrote:

Mod on MaridiuS' diff as requested

You left countdown on xp yah
Should ask the storyboarder to fix the little cursor thing that follows the notes in the other diffs. yah

1. 00:57:666 - I think a more consistent rhythm would have the 1/4 mapped as at 00:56:166 (4) - this part is mapped as a 1/4 jump, which I feel would strain the player more. The same might apply 01:02:166 - discussed irc, they don't have a hihat on blue ticks so they're not the same.
  2. 01:24:947 (4) - I feel the slider would be overwhelming to play, as the note it sounds like it's mapped to ends on the white tick, and the shape seems similar to 01:24:291 (1) - in complexity. I feel a better rhythm would be https://puu.sh/zx90l/0f258ba2a9.png with 2 having sv of .5 because it puts stress on 01:25:322 - I've built a movement going up and down with previous 2 sliders which lead into up and down movement of the slider so i dont think its overwhelming. Relating your suggestion, ehh I really like this one how it leads into a drum layer switch for the first drum hanzer streams.
Not much I could find. gl xp
thanks
Ryuusei Aika
:) Hello!
From my modding queue.

Annotation

Words in red means that is an unrankable issue (= violate the "Rules" in Ranking Critiria General / Ranking Critiria in osu!) that you MUST fix.

Words in bold black means that is an issue that I highly recommand you (= either violate the "Guidelines" in Ranking Criteria General / Ranking Criteria in osu!, or I believe this issue will influence a lot of the experience of playing) to fix.

Words in black means that is an personal issue and have no big influence on your map in my eyes.

The mark "^" means "here is the same question with whose at above".

General

1. Maybe just use "M2U" as artist, "Myosotis" as title and move all other informations (NICODE, Guriri, Lucy) into tags like other ranked maps (https://osu.ppy.sh/s/386415 / https://osu.ppy.sh/s/460422)

FlameL's Normal

1. 00:22:510 (1,2) - Maybe change this pattern into something like this in order to avoid tiny overlap (which looks not quite good here)?
  2. 02:03:010 (3) - Off-screen.
  3. 02:07:135 - How about add a note here to represent the vocal sound which has the same intensity with 02:05:635 (2) - ?
  4. Constant work!

Hard

1. 00:29:635 (3) - How about extend this reverse slider to 00:30:010 - so that we can show the drum beat at 00:30:010 - out by adding hitsound?
  2. 00:57:010 (1,2) - Maybe put 00:57:385 (2) - on somewhere like 94|8 for a better visual ds (same with which of the before and after parts)?
  3. Cute slider shapes and interesting flows!

Insane

1. 00:25:510 (1) - You can change the rhythm arrangement here and make it the same with 00:19:510 (1,2) - (you can also make the rhythm of 00:19:510 (1,2) - the same with 00:25:510 (1) - though, depends on you want to make the piano sounds clickable or not).
  2. 00:33:760 (3,4,5,6) - Personally I think the average distance enter objects here are a little bit too large (compared with 00:39:760 (3,4,5,6) - , where have more intensity vocal while use smaller average distances), so reduce the average distance here can represent the intensity difference of the song better (just pull 00:40:135 (5,6) - down should work, one example from me: https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/nMHZCwA.png)
  3. 01:41:447 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - It would be better if you reduce the distance of the stream here, as here is kinda like a transition to silence part and there have no strong wub sounds, so reduce the distance can give players a natural transition.
  4. Again, so many interesting flows here, love them!

diuS' Arietta

1. Enable epilepsy warning because we have fantastic dazzling storyboard.
  2. 00:06:010 (1,2,3,4) - How about using once again the patterns based on descending sv like what you have done at 00:03:010 (3,4,5,6) - ? That should be cool and represent the decrease of tunes of the vocal here much more better.
  3. 00:24:947 (2) - The strong piano sound here is literally the same with which on 00:25:135 (3) - and 00:25:322 (4) - , so for a better consistency I think it would be better if you change this note into a 1/4 slider too.
  4. 00:48:760 (1) - The general idea of your kiai part looks like you use smaller distances and slight flow changes to emphasize some strong beats (like 00:44:260 (1) - , 00:45:760 (1) - , 00:47:260 (1) - etc...) so I think it would be better if you do the same thing on this slider too instead of increase the spacing of 00:48:572 (4,1) - for emphasize, that can show your emphasizing idea better. Here's my suggestion (changed the position of 00:48:572 (4,1,2,3) - ): https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/GJMeXV9.png
  5. 01:25:697 (2,3) - Personally I'd like to stack them so that can show the different intensity of drum beats (this part is a little weaker then 01:26:072 (2,3) - and 01:26:447 (2,3) - ), but it depends on you.
    - 01:37:697 (5,6) - ^ (drum beats weaker then 01:38:072 (2,3) - and 01:38:447 (2,3) - ).
  6. Really like this one, love your emphasizing ideas on kiai part some streams with distance changes and distinctive way to arrange the objects!

Generally it's a mapset really sui generis and has many strong personal styles, should be really exciting if this can get ranked!
Good luck, and have fun!
Uta
from my q

[Insane]
  1. 00:22:697 - 20% volume is pretty inaudible especially with the current hitsounding like 00:22:697 (2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1) - . please adjust more volume. i testplayed it and it is not really comfortable in my ear
  2. 00:04:510 (1) - change this slider into https://i.imgur.com/g54I1IW.png. because right now. the player will just cheese the slider end away and thats is a weird thing to play imo
  3. 01:00:947 (9) - nc to separate the 1/2 beat from the 1/4
  4. 01:13:885 (7,8) - distance is too far @@. atleast nc them to make it more readable or reduce the distance
  5. 01:54:947 (6) - nc would emphasized the violin more
  6. 02:21:010 (3) - its better to hit this without the reverse. the reverse's tail is not really covering anything important

[Hard]
  7. 00:03:010 (2) - you can definately space this more. to make a bit of contrast on the 2/1 gap.
  8. 01:14:260 (3) - slider end should be clickable imo. the sound is loud and really spicy to hit. also if yes nc the circle to maintain hp before the spinner
  9. 01:26:635 (5,1) - blanket. i usually doesnt mind a bad blanket but this one is pretty noticeable

[FlameL's Normal]
  10. 00:01:510 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4) - you should make them visually the same distance with 00:19:510 (1,2,3,4,5,1) - . i know its lower because of the sv. but hitting an object that close could cause a confusion lol. also it looks cleaner imo
  11. 00:36:760 (2) - ctrl + h this slider. i would really love to maintain the circular flow for lower diff. beside there is nothing to emphasize there
  12. 01:06:010 (1,1,2) - repeating reverse should be avoided on lower diffs. its really confusing for normal players. 01:06:010 (1) - make this a normal reverse and then add circle 01:07:135 - . for 01:09:010 (1,2) - , just add three reverse slider. its more friendly for newbie players.
  13. 01:27:760 (3,4) - stack this instead? they are both building up some tenste to each other. should make them the same pattern instead
MaridiuS

Ryuusei Aika wrote:

From my modding queue.

Annotation

Words in red means that is an unrankable issue (= violate the "Rules" in Ranking Critiria General / Ranking Critiria in osu!) that you MUST fix.

Words in bold black means that is an issue that I highly recommand you (= either violate the "Guidelines" in Ranking Criteria General / Ranking Criteria in osu!, or I believe this issue will influence a lot of the experience of playing) to fix.

diuS' Arietta

[notice]
  1. Enable epilepsy warning because we have fantastic dazzling storyboard. yes, map is not yet resbed.
  2. 00:06:010 (1,2,3,4) - How about using once again the patterns based on descending sv like what you have done at 00:03:010 (3,4,5,6) - ? That should be cool and represent the decrease of tunes of the vocal here much more better. tbh the descending isn't as obvious so I just went will all 4 being high SV but differentiated with patterning.
  3. 00:24:947 (2) - The strong piano sound here is literally the same with which on 00:25:135 (3) - and 00:25:322 (4) - , so for a better consistency I think it would be better if you change this note into a 1/4 slider too. not literally the same but I applied anyways.
  4. 00:48:760 (1) - The general idea of your kiai part looks like you use smaller distances and slight flow changes to emphasize some strong beats (like 00:44:260 (1) - , 00:45:760 (1) - , 00:47:260 (1) - etc...) so I think it would be better if you do the same thing on this slider too instead of increase the spacing of 00:48:572 (4,1) - for emphasize, that can show your emphasizing idea better. Here's my suggestion (changed the position of 00:48:572 (4,1,2,3) - ): https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/GJMeXV9.png fixed in my way.
  5. 01:25:697 (2,3) - Personally I'd like to stack them so that can show the different intensity of drum beats (this part is a little weaker then 01:26:072 (2,3) - and 01:26:447 (2,3) - ), but it depends on you. Mhh not really noticeable, the players won't realize what am I doing at all.
    - 01:37:697 (5,6) - ^ (drum beats weaker then 01:38:072 (2,3) - and 01:38:447 (2,3) - ).
  6. Really like this one, love your emphasizing ideas on kiai part some streams with distance changes and distinctive way to arrange the objects!

Generally it's a mapset really sui generis and has many strong personal styles, should be really exciting if this can get ranked!
Good luck, and have fun!
Glad that you like it ;3 thanks for the mod.
Topic Starter
Akareh
Ryuusei Aika

Ryuusei Aika wrote:

From my modding queue.

General

1. Maybe just use "M2U" as artist, "Myosotis" as title and move all other informations (NICODE, Guriri, Lucy) into tags like other ranked maps (https://osu.ppy.sh/s/386415 / https://osu.ppy.sh/s/460422) I originally had that, but changed after discussing with ayyri and some more people. My metadata now is based on the listing of the myosotis EP that can be found here. Both metadatas should be correct, but I went with that since it fits better to the common naming scheme in all of M2U and NICODE's collabs.

Hard

1. 00:29:635 (3) - How about extend this reverse slider to 00:30:010 - so that we can show the drum beat at 00:30:010 - out by adding hitsound? placed a circle instead, since I don't really use repeat sliders with more than 1 repeat in this diff.
  2. 00:57:010 (1,2) - Maybe put 00:57:385 (2) - on somewhere like 94|8 for a better visual ds (same with which of the before and after parts)? sure
  3. Cute slider shapes and interesting flows! thanks! :)

Insane

1. 00:25:510 (1) - You can change the rhythm arrangement here and make it the same with 00:19:510 (1,2) - (you can also make the rhythm of 00:19:510 (1,2) - the same with 00:25:510 (1) - though, depends on you want to make the piano sounds clickable or not). ahh, I wanted to focus here instead in the held piano. I didn't make it clickable because it doesn't have the same force as 00:19:510 (1,2) -
  2. 00:33:760 (3,4,5,6) - Personally I think the average distance enter objects here are a little bit too large (compared with 00:39:760 (3,4,5,6) - , where have more intensity vocal while use smaller average distances), so reduce the average distance here can represent the intensity difference of the song better (just pull 00:40:135 (5,6) - down should work, one example from me: https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/nMHZCwA.png) uhm... these actually have the same 1.3x DS, it's just a more "closed" pattern, because I wanted to emphasize vocals by making players change direction more drastically.
  3. 01:41:447 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - It would be better if you reduce the distance of the stream here, as here is kinda like a transition to silence part and there have no strong wub sounds, so reduce the distance can give players a natural transition. It actually works better to have a faster stream for the effect I was going for. I wanted players to discharge energy from the wub section so that the transition to slower rhythms wasn't as forced coming from things like 01:40:041 (2,3,4,5,1,1) -
  4. Again, so many interesting flows here, love them! thanks :)

Good luck, and have fun!

Yeah, we kinda mixed and matched different styles in this set now that I think of it lol.
Thanks for modding!

Uta

Uta wrote:

from my q

[Insane]
  1. 00:22:697 - 20% volume is pretty inaudible especially with the current hitsounding like 00:22:697 (2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1) - . please adjust more volume. i testplayed it and it is not really comfortable in my ear bumped to 30
  2. 00:04:510 (1) - change this slider into https://i.imgur.com/g54I1IW.png. because right now. the player will just cheese the slider end away and thats is a weird thing to play imo I changed the shape a bit.
  3. 01:00:947 (9) - nc to separate the 1/2 beat from the 1/4 I was going for NC every measure, but you're not the first to point this so I guess I'll NC.
  4. 01:13:885 (7,8) - distance is too far @@. atleast nc them to make it more readable or reduce the distance reduced a bit, but I want a jump there. NC wouldn't make sense here imo.
  5. 01:54:947 (6) - nc would emphasized the violin more I guess
  6. 02:21:010 (3) - its better to hit this without the reverse. the reverse's tail is not really covering anything important hmm it's actually two sounds yea

[Hard]
  7. 00:03:010 (2) - you can definately space this more. to make a bit of contrast on the 2/1 gap. spaced a bit
  8. 01:14:260 (3) - slider end should be clickable imo. the sound is loud and really spicy to hit. also if yes nc the circle to maintain hp before the spinner ye
  9. 01:26:635 (5,1) - blanket. i usually doesnt mind a bad blanket but this one is pretty noticeable oh fuck, I think I moved that slider unintentionally, fixed.

Thanks!

Updated with my changes and Mari's
FL37

Ryuusei Aika wrote:

From my modding queue.

FlameL's Normal

1. 00:22:510 (1,2) - Maybe change this pattern into something like this in order to avoid tiny overlap (which looks not quite good here)? Just moved 00:23:260 (2) a bit.
  2. 02:03:010 (3) - Off-screen. ups. Fixed
  3. 02:07:135 - How about add a note here to represent the vocal sound which has the same intensity with 02:05:635 (2) - ? Sure
  4. Constant work!

Good luck, and have fun!
Thanks! :)

Uta wrote:

from my q

• [FlameL's Normal]
  1. 00:01:510 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4) - you should make them visually the same distance with 00:19:510 (1,2,3,4,5,1) - . i know its lower because of the sv. but hitting an object that close could cause a confusion lol. also it looks cleaner imo Nah I want to keep it that way. It gives a better impression of it being less intense than the other parts of the song
  2. 00:36:760 (2) - ctrl + h this slider. i would really love to maintain the circular flow for lower diff. beside there is nothing to emphasize there Nah I want to keep that pattern, It emphasizes the extension of the vocal
  3. 01:06:010 (1,1,2) - repeating reverse should be avoided on lower diffs. its really confusing for normal players. 01:06:010 (1) - make this a normal reverse and then add circle 01:07:135 - . for 01:09:010 (1,2) - , just add three reverse slider. its more friendly for newbie players. I think they are not that hard to play/read the way they are placed. Also changing those two 01:09:010 (1,2) to 3 reverse sliders wouldn't fit the music at all.
  4. 01:27:760 (3,4) - stack this instead? they are both building up some tenste to each other. should make them the same pattern instead Sure
Thanks!
moonpoint
howdy

all diffs
i find it strange how the dubstep bit isn't the bit in kiai mode

diuS' Arietta
  1. 00:09:010 (1) - a tiny bit sceptical about how this slider looks
  2. 00:28:135 (3,4) - i'm worried about these two being so closely spaced, i think ppl will misread this as 1/4
  3. 01:18:010 (1) - perhaps put closer to the centre since that's where most ppl's spins gonna be? idk how valid this suggestion is
  4. 01:49:135 (1) - quite excessive spacing from last slider to this one
  5. 02:00:010 (1) - this whole section up until the end is quite compact in the middle band of the screen. i'd utilise more of the field personally
i like this diff

Insane
  1. 00:50:822 (4) - this one should also jut out of the sliderend a bit like 00:50:072 (2) - and 00:51:385 (2) -
Hard
  1. the AR should be higher honestly. atleast 7.5
Normal
  1. AI mod: This object is too far from the previous object. 01:27:760 (3) -
nice song
Topic Starter
Akareh

Apo11o wrote:

howdy

all diffs
i find it strange how the dubstep bit isn't the bit in kiai mode it's in the place where the voice has more intensity. Wub section already has SB emphasis anyway

Insane
  1. 00:50:822 (4) - this one should also jut out of the sliderend a bit like 00:50:072 (2) - and 00:51:385 (2) - I prefer to stack to make 00:50:822 (4,1) - more impactful here.
Hard
  1. the AR should be higher honestly. atleast 7.5 sure, why not
Normal
  1. AI mod: This object is too far from the previous object. 01:27:760 (3) - fixed
nice song
thx ~
MaridiuS

Apo11o wrote:

howdy hi hi

all diffs
i find it strange how the dubstep bit isn't the bit in kiai mode tbh its more contrast, the song builds up into the kiai already chosen, but dubstep section comes out of nowhere.

diuS' Arietta
  1. 00:09:010 (1) - a tiny bit sceptical about how this slider looks It's fine owo
  2. 00:28:135 (3,4) - i'm worried about these two being so closely spaced, i think ppl will misread this as 1/4 00:16:135 (7,8,1,2) - 00:21:760 (3,4) - there were mutliple such usages beforehand so it will not come out as weird at all imo.
  3. 01:18:010 (1) - perhaps put closer to the centre since that's where most ppl's spins gonna be? idk how valid this suggestion is Spinner jump holy this is a thing. Still the slider deserves emphasis so no need.
  4. 01:49:135 (1) - quite excessive spacing from last slider to this one I don't think so, its quite important when it comes to me.
  5. 02:00:010 (1) - this whole section up until the end is quite compact in the middle band of the screen. i'd utilise more of the field personally Ughhh tried a bit but I don't think its really necessary, the streams are a thing for itself so its just a few patterns located around the middle.
i like this diff thank you woo

nice song
Thanks for the mod.
Lince Cosmico
OHHHH IT'S THE OLD FORUMM YES
MaridiuSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

- Countdown enabled ewwwwwwwwwww
- 01:24:947 (4) - This is barely offscreen on 800x600 resolution xd
- You must check in the "Epilepsy Warning" option
- You didn't add NC on 00:03:010 (3) - so I could take that you didn't want to sepparate it into two combos, but you did it later on 00:06:010 (1) - even thought the difference on the way it sounds was really similar to the transition between 00:02:260 (2,3) - . So I'd suggest you either to add NC on 00:03:010 (3) - or remove NC on 00:06:010 (1) - both would work in my opinion
- Just as a detail, you could stack 00:12:010 (1) - 's sliderend to 00:10:510 (3) - 's sliderend
- Seems pretty much like you missed to NC here 00:15:760 (5) - (You did it previously on 00:15:010 (1) - so I guess you should do it later on too)
- This is not an issue or something like that, but why to add a grey anchor on 00:21:010 (1) - ? I've seen this in a lot of maps, but never this straight lmao
- 00:23:635 (3,4,5,6,1) - This would make more sense if it was curved as the previous stream was 00:22:697 (2,3,4,5,6,7,1) - (Well, not "sense" but it's fine to have it as a detail)
- 00:25:322 (4) - Maybe doing Ctrl+G here would feel better while playing, you'd still get the emphasis on 00:25:510 (1) - because the spacing will be similar (it wouldn't even change that much)
- This is not relevant nor important, but moving this 00:40:510 (1) - a bit to the left would make it's overlap with 00:40:135 (6) - seem way better
- 00:47:635 (2,3,1) - I think the flow here is too linear, there's barely no emphasis on 00:48:010 (1) - since there isn't any change of flow, actually, the spacing is even less than the previous 00:47:635 (2,3) -
- 00:49:322 (4) - I just thought about a different positioning for this, stacking it into 00:48:385 (3) - wouldn't look that bad in my opinion (It would also fit with 00:49:510 (1) - 's shape)
- 00:56:166 (4,1) - This is way overspaced, you used a similar spacing than your previous 1/2 patterns (000:44:072 (3,1) - This is the most closer one)
- I came to think that this 00:58:135 (2) - would emphasize better if it was a 3/4 slider (Just in case that I said that in a wrong way, I meant that it would fit better if it ends here 00:58:416 - ), but to do it you'd have to move a whole pattern so I doubt you'd apply something like this
- Just a small detail, but what about stacking 01:03:760 (1) - 's sliderend to 01:02:822 (3) - 's sliderhead?
- Oh, also, there's a clap on this slider (01:04:135 (2) - ). Was it intended? It doesn't really seem like fitting
- 01:11:635 (5) - You used kicksliders a lot to represent this kind of small sounds so why not to add one here too?
- 01:15:010 (5) - You should add NC here, it gets pretty much different here than the previous parts.
- 01:24:291 (1) - This is also a stupid detail, but what about stacking this instead of overlapping it? I actually tried it and you'd emphasize the small pause on the song a bit better imo
- 01:25:135 - Why are you avoiding this? You kinda mapped it here on 01:19:135 - so it's a bit weird to avoid it afterwards
- Even thought it's a kiai, 01:26:541 (3,1) - This is pretty much overspaced, at least add more spacing between 01:26:447 (2,3) - so it gets closer to the slider, or at least so you have a feeling of moving the cursor instead of a "stop" lol (god it's so hard to explain myself, if u didn't get what I meant just dm me)
- 01:28:322 (2) - Wait this isn't stacked lol
- This: 01:32:072 (2) - , Is the same than 01:32:447 (2,3) - This. If we agree then you should use a kickslider on both, or well, you could keep your variation but it doesn't seem right for me
- 01:33:010 (2) - Also not stacked?
- I was hearing this 50% just to be sure but there seems to be a sound on 01:34:228 - so why don't you change 01:34:135 (5) -into a kickslider? (I also added a greenline changing the SV to 0,75x so the slider didn't seem too long and fast)
- 01:39:947 (2,3) - You used 1,27x spacing here and 01:40:135 (3,4,1) - 1x here, Why not use the same on all of them? They didn't feel different at all
- 02:02:822 (4,1,4,1) - You added NC here because the "tsch" on the background, right? Then why didn't you add it 01:59:260 (5) - here too?
At first I thought you just NC'ed on 02:02:260 (1) - because the vocals, so it was fine, but there isn't any vocal after that that would lead to an NC, the only thing was the "tsch" and you pretty much didn't add NC to that sound before, so it wouldn't make sense to have it afterwards
- 02:04:510 - For this stream I think you should just keep the NC on the vocals, since it's kinda hard to differentiate the piano while playing, so it would seem like randomly separated in the eyes of the one who's playing, so keeping the NC's following the voice isn't that bad
- 02:13:510 - Random MaridiuS pops up on the screen LMAO (oh yeah I had to delete the SB to mod this cuz too laggy, so Idk if there's something on there, but it seems like a random maridius, i really laughed at this xD)

As I said, I'm just modding u, don't give me anything in exchange.
Topic Starter
Akareh

Chekito wrote:

- 02:13:510 - Random MaridiuS pops up on the screen LMAO (oh yeah I had to delete the SB to mod this cuz too laggy, so Idk if there's something on there, but it seems like a random maridius, i really laughed at this xD)
Has borrado el .osb, pero cada dificultad sigue teniendo sus códigos de SB interna para cosas como los efectos de highlight en la sección de wubs o, como este caso, los créditos del final del mapa. Así que como te has quedado únicamente con lo que hay en la diff de mari, solo te aparece un MaridiuS random ahí xDDDDDDDD

Chekito wrote:

Get your kds tho? maybe? thanks?
MaridiuS

Chekito wrote:

OHHHH IT'S THE OLD FORUMM YES
MaridiuSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

- Countdown enabled ewwwwwwwwwww
- 01:24:947 (4) - This is barely offscreen on 800x600 resolution xd
- You must check in the "Epilepsy Warning" option
- You didn't add NC on 00:03:010 (3) - so I could take that you didn't want to sepparate it into two combos, but you did it later on 00:06:010 (1) - even thought the difference on the way it sounds was really similar to the transition between 00:02:260 (2,3) - . So I'd suggest you either to add NC on 00:03:010 (3) - or remove NC on 00:06:010 (1) - both would work in my opinion
- Just as a detail, you could stack 00:12:010 (1) - 's sliderend to 00:10:510 (3) - 's sliderend jesus this is not visible at all, cant bother xd
- Seems pretty much like you missed to NC here 00:15:760 (5) - (You did it previously on 00:15:010 (1) - so I guess you should do it later on too)
- This is not an issue or something like that, but why to add a grey anchor on 00:21:010 (1) - ? I've seen this in a lot of maps, but never this straight lmaoI think the mouse sometimes put an anchor randomly lul, but removed it
- 00:23:635 (3,4,5,6,1) - This would make more sense if it was curved as the previous stream was 00:22:697 (2,3,4,5,6,7,1) - (Well, not "sense" but it's fine to have it as a detail) Uh quints are consistently straight because they look bad if they're curved on this spacing imo. Much more prefer this design.
- 00:25:322 (4) - Maybe doing Ctrl+G here would feel better while playing, you'd still get the emphasis on 00:25:510 (1) - because the spacing will be similar (it wouldn't even change that much) Circular/linear movement was my intention here, sharp movement isn't in lines with the idea of the map since I usually use things like this on moderate spacing.
- This is not relevant nor important, but moving this 00:40:510 (1) - a bit to the left would make it's overlap with 00:40:135 (6) - seem way better
- 00:47:635 (2,3,1) - I think the flow here is too linear, there's barely no emphasis on 00:48:010 (1) - since there isn't any change of flow, actually, the spacing is even less than the previous 00:47:635 (2,3) - The emphasis is forced slowdown of the cursor. The reason for such linear and peaceful movement is because this part of the song seems the most flowy consistent with 00:58:885 (2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - since the vocals are clearly accentuated in the song here without any weird things happening.
- 00:49:322 (4) - I just thought about a different positioning for this, stacking it into 00:48:385 (3) - wouldn't look that bad in my opinion (It would also fit with 00:49:510 (1) - 's shape) the movement it suggests seems terrible and I see no need to change that in the first place?
- 00:56:166 (4,1) - This is way overspaced, you used a similar spacing than your previous 1/2 patterns (000:44:072 (3,1) - This is the most closer one) It's still a hihat to snare jump +on this bpm doesn't feel overspaced and plays easily. Any lower and the emphasis on the snare will be null.

- I came to think that this 00:58:135 (2) - would emphasize better if it was a 3/4 slider (Just in case that I said that in a wrong way, I meant that it would fit better if it ends here 00:58:416 - ), but to do it you'd have to move a whole pattern so I doubt you'd apply something like this The vocals don't feel so heavy for a 3/4 to be warranted here tbh, compare it to 01:03:010 (1,2,1,2) - for example
- Just a small detail, but what about stacking 01:03:760 (1) - 's sliderend to 01:02:822 (3) - 's sliderhead? can't bother, it won't do anything.
- Oh, also, there's a clap on this slider (01:04:135 (2) - ). Was it intended? It doesn't really seem like fitting
- 01:11:635 (5) - You used kicksliders a lot to represent this kind of small sounds so why not to add one here too? because the contrast between the speedup and flowy section that's about to come after this drum buildup will be null if these were 1/4 sliders too.
- 01:15:010 (5) - You should add NC here, it gets pretty much different here than the previous parts.
- 01:24:291 (1) - This is also a stupid detail, but what about stacking this instead of overlapping it? I actually tried it and you'd emphasize the small pause on the song a bit better imo you know that by starting a sentence with "this is also a stupid suggestion" won't help get the suggestion applied.
Anyways I don't see it doing anything important its either do dis or do dis both work equally well.

- 01:25:135 - Why are you avoiding this? You kinda mapped it here on 01:19:135 - so it's a bit weird to avoid it afterwards
- Even thought it's a kiai, 01:26:541 (3,1) - This is pretty much overspaced, at least add more spacing between 01:26:447 (2,3) - so it gets closer to the slider, or at least so you have a feeling of moving the cursor instead of a "stop" lol (god it's so hard to explain myself, if u didn't get what I meant just dm me) Check reply to bubblun.
- 01:28:322 (2) - Wait this isn't stacked lol
- This: 01:32:072 (2) - , Is the same than 01:32:447 (2,3) - This. If we agree then you should use a kickslider on both, or well, you could keep your variation but it doesn't seem right for me Both are viable variations in which the drums get less emphasis and the snare gets full emphasis tbh.
- 01:33:010 (2) - Also not stacked?
- I was hearing this 50% just to be sure but there seems to be a sound on 01:34:228 - so why don't you change 01:34:135 (5) -into a kickslider? (I also added a greenline changing the SV to 0,75x so the slider didn't seem too long and fast) It took you 50% speed and constant rechecks to determine that there's a sound there, that means players will never notice that so the stop in rhythm will make that feeling more powerful.
- 01:39:947 (2,3) - You used 1,27x spacing here and 01:40:135 (3,4,1) - 1x here, Why not use the same on all of them? They didn't feel different at all Idk 1.27x makes the pattern a bit more separated.
- 02:02:822 (4,1,4,1) - You added NC here because the "tsch" on the background, right? Then why didn't you add it 01:59:260 (5) - here too?
At first I thought you just NC'ed on 02:02:260 (1) - because the vocals, so it was fine, but there isn't any vocal after that that would lead to an NC, the only thing was the "tsch" and you pretty much didn't add NC to that sound before, so it wouldn't make sense to have it afterwards Because the NCed notes lead into new sound grouping while in this nonNCed case it stays the same.
- 02:04:510 - For this stream I think you should just keep the NC on the vocals, since it's kinda hard to differentiate the piano while playing, so it would seem like randomly separated in the eyes of the one who's playing, so keeping the NC's following the voice isn't that bad It will only make one note unNCed which will make the streams just be inconsistent, I separated by piano too.
- 02:13:510 - Random MaridiuS pops up on the screen LMAO (oh yeah I had to delete the SB to mod this cuz too laggy, so Idk if there's something on there, but it seems like a random maridius, i really laughed at this xD) MadridiuS

Not replied = fixed, thanks for modding ;3
Lince Cosmico

MaridiuS wrote:

MadridiuS
Stefan
irc log
FlyingSlowpoke - Today at 8:35 PM
for Myosotis
Oni: 01:42:666 (531,532,533,534) - Don't you think dkkd fits better? Since 01:42:760 (532,533) - are the same while 01:42:947 (534) - sounds different I would go with this.
Muzukashii: 00:13:697 (1) - considering how complex you've mapped Oni here the difference from a very long spinner to actual notes with fivelets is very big.
00:44:635 (39,40,41,42,43,44) - pattern-wise I don't really agree with these here. Try dkd ddk to emphasize the 00:45:760 (44) - clearly as snare
That's all.

ei - Today at 8:46 PM
applied oni
00:30:197 - do you think i should leave this spinner tho

FlyingSlowpoke - Today at 8:50 PM
Yeah, that case is okay imo.
the other is just too much to "cover" it with a spinner only.

ei - Today at 8:51 PM
mhm
applied both for muzu

Small stuff basically, only thing I've noticed is that I always had to update the Muzukashii difficulty if I opened it in the editor (without doing anything). No idea if it's a client-side issue. I can approve the taiko difficulties and say they're good to go.
Topic Starter
Akareh
Yeah, I've also noticed the issue with the muzu, but I don't have a clue what's causing it. I'm going to try doing a "clean update" by removing the taiko diffs and uploading, then upload a second time adding them again to the set. Hopefully that will fix it?

Updated with ayy's changes, thanks!

edit: It did not fix it. Now Oni also has this issue. Welp. I'm a n g e r y
MaridiuS

Akareh wrote:

Yeah, I've also noticed the issue with the muzu, but I don't have a clue what's causing it. I'm going to try doing a "clean update" by removing the taiko diffs and uploading, then upload a second time adding them again to the set. Hopefully that will fix it?

Updated with ayy's changes, thanks!

edit: It did not fix it. Now Oni also has this issue. Welp. I'm a n g e r y
DW it gets solved when it gets ranked.
Uta
just a small opinion (insane diff)
01:22:322 (4) - would be cool if this have more emphasize on visual https://i.imgur.com/Sfw1F9h.png
01:34:322 (6) - the next same part is a 1/8 reverse which is fine i guess

dont kds i guess
Topic Starter
Akareh

Uta wrote:

just a small opinion (insane diff)
01:22:322 (4) - would be cool if this have more emphasize on visual https://i.imgur.com/Sfw1F9h.png did a thing
01:34:322 (6) - the next same part is a 1/8 reverse which is fine i guess ye, not doing anything special here because of rhythm tho, I think it's best for this diff if I keep this one simple

dont kds i guess
thanks, updated ~
Namki
Hello.

General
  1. The piano part at the very beginning uses finishes in a pretty weird manner. Piano there sounds quiter equally for me. For instance, 00:01:510 - sounds the same as 00:02:260 - but the latter one has finish. Or 00:06:010 - is kind of prominent but does not have finish. I'd highly recommend you tro change these into that.
  2. Also, clap usage makes little sense to me. Like, 00:21:760 - and 00:21:947 - both use clap but sounds are like way too different. You could use this hitsoundfor placing it for sounds like: 00:20:260 - / 00:21:760 - / 00:23:260 - etc.
  3. Check MA it says that a bunch of SB files are unused.
  4. Spread is a bit uneven. Like, hard uses 1/2 and sometimes 1/4 but Normal uses 1/1 mostly.
diuS' Arietta
  1. 00:14:447 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - this entire section lacks emphasis. Music for 00:14:447 (1,2,3) - is hardly audible but then its intensity rises gradually and after 00:15:760 (1,2,3,4) - intensity keeps. So the thing is, you're using the same spacing with different instensity. Consider emphasizing stuff. Also, it would be good if you change volume level, like, smaller for 00:14:447 (1,2,3) - and bigger for 00:15:010 (1,2,3,4) - .
  2. 00:18:760 (1,2,1,2) - I would suggest to change spacing vice versa that 00:18:760 (1,2) - have smaller spacing and 00:19:135 (1,2) - bigger spacing because sound for latter sounds pretty much like a part peak so it would be logical having bigger spacing for a climax, don't you think so?
  3. 00:20:822 - there's no sound to have a clap on it.
  4. Just to be clear. You making lower spacing for more prominent sound intentionally? The kiai section. I can undertand if it is some kind of an IDEA but as an aesthetic guy I suffer. x.x
    Though I wanna see a bit more consistency. For instance, at the beginning you make small spacing for that snare 00:44:260 - / 00:45:760 - and big for kick 00:45:010 - but the suddenly change you mind 00:48:010 - . The same for 01:00:010 - .
  5. Also, that 01:05:635 (2) - seems extreme, I mean you ain't done symmetrical patterns and this one breaks emphasis so badly.
  6. As far as I understand the wub section meant to be "decent" and "aesthetically pleasant" so 01:19:885 (1,2,1,2) - that kinda goes against that idea bc 01:20:260 (1) - this certain slider doesn't correlate with 01:19:885 (1) - . I suggest you to simply ctrl+H that one 01:19:885 (1) - .
  7. 01:32:072 (2) - didn't use this kind of slow 1/4 sliders. Consider maybe changing into a double?
Insane
  1. 00:54:010 (1,2,3,4,5) - they seem to be divided to 00:54:010 (1,2,3) - and 00:54:572 (4,5) - but according to music it is 00:54:010 (1,2) - and 00:54:385 (3,4,5) - . Also spacing makes little sense as this is 00:54:385 (3) - quite prominent sound. Consider changing pattern in a way that 00:54:385 (3,4,5) - are different from 00:54:197 (2) - both aesthetically and spacing wise.
  2. 01:07:135 (6,7,8) - I can't hear sound here 01:07:416 - . Also bigger spacing to 01:07:697 (9) - than 01:07:885 (1) - makes 0 sense.
  3. 01:35:541 (7) - undermapped snare 01:35:635 - isn't a good idea tbh. Consider making that pattern 01:31:135 (3,4) - instead.
  4. 01:41:166 (2,3) - stack went wrong. Move it manually.
  5. 01:41:447 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - stream isn't audible. There's only few 1/8 doubles.
Hard
  1. 00:13:510 (1,1) - 1/1 gap isn't enough to recover.
  2. 00:21:947 (4,5,6) - because this is hard there is no need to spam triples, also this one is made manually I can't hear triple there. Consider deleting circle here 00:22:041 - .
  3. 00:28:510 (1) - you make big slider for that 1/4 piano slider what you made with 00:22:510 (1,2) - earlier, quite inconsistent.
  4. You like make 1/2sliders for 1/1 kick and 1/2 sliders for 1/2 kicks 01:07:510 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3) - which makes little sense to me as music intensity rises but pattern intensity does not. I'd recommend you to put few circles, intead.
  5. 01:54:385 (2) - violin goes 1/2, not 1/1. 1/2 reverse, instead?
Normal
  1. 01:27:572 (2,3,4) - outstanding pattern, It would mislead players bc you didn't use such stacks for the entire diff. Consider avoiding stack there.
call me back after I suppose
MaridiuS

Namki wrote:

Hello. o/

I fixed claps in section 20secs in the map

diuS' Arietta
  1. 00:14:447 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - this entire section lacks emphasis. Music for 00:14:447 (1,2,3) - is hardly audible but then its intensity rises gradually and after 00:15:760 (1,2,3,4) - intensity keeps. So the thing is, you're using the same spacing with different instensity. Consider emphasizing stuff. Also, it would be good if you change volume level, like, smaller for 00:14:447 (1,2,3) - and bigger for 00:15:010 (1,2,3,4) - . Yeah u're right. I wouldn't want to change volume because I'd like for hitsounds to be more intuitive, such small changes will justt feel weird imo especially when the pianos don't have a clear objective regularity in tonality.
  2. 00:18:760 (1,2,1,2) - I would suggest to change spacing vice versa that 00:18:760 (1,2) - have smaller spacing and 00:19:135 (1,2) - bigger spacing because sound for latter sounds pretty much like a part peak so it would be logical having bigger spacing for a climax, don't you think so? 00:19:135 (1,2) - I personally find these two sounds grouped without the second one having impact so I decided to make them close that way I can establish a contrast and have 00:19:510 (1) - bring a large impact.
  3. 00:20:822 - there's no sound to have a clap on it. fixed d
  4. Just to be clear. You making lower spacing for more prominent sound intentionally? The kiai section. I can undertand if it is some kind of an IDEA but as an aesthetic guy I suffer. x.x
    Though I wanna see a bit more consistency. For instance, at the beginning you make small spacing for that snare 00:44:260 - / 00:45:760 - and big for kick 00:45:010 - but the suddenly change you mind 00:48:010 - . The same for 01:00:010 - . Actually bigger spacing on kicks is an accident, I simply decided to follow kicks and snares in a similar way but the melody and other aspects of the note are more important, for example 00:49:322 (4,1) - (1) is firstly given here big spacing because it starts a new measure (first downbeat). Another reason to why are those particular notes spaced more is because they didn't come from 2 circles for any contrast to be established therefore a bigger spacing is needed for that emphasis. As for 00:47:635 (2,3,1) - it's because vocals again, there are no distractions in the song and vocals are really straightforward so mapping it similarly to 00:47:072 (3,1) - will make it feel flowy like the song is suggesting.
  5. Also, that 01:05:635 (2) - seems extreme, I mean you ain't done symmetrical patterns and this one breaks emphasis so badly. I mean with 2 sliders I cannot do much to emphasize the end of section and loud vocals on 01:05:635 (2) - so I don't see any emphasis broken when this are completely new sounds, 2 sliders being symmetrical doesn't seem like a big deal in a non symmetrical map though, it emphasizes the 2 new sounds by placement too.
  6. As far as I understand the wub section meant to be "decent" and "aesthetically pleasant" so 01:19:885 (1,2,1,2) - that kinda goes against that idea bc 01:20:260 (1) - this certain slider doesn't correlate with 01:19:885 (1) - . I suggest you to simply ctrl+H that one 01:19:885 (1) - . ye xd
  7. 01:32:072 (2) - didn't use this kind of slow 1/4 sliders. Consider maybe changing into a double? Dunno it seems like a viable variation, it won't cause playability concerns and plays just about like a double except I will avoid doing the same pattern. The emphasis on (1) is important and that is kept.

thanks for modding
FL37

Namki wrote:

Hello.

General
  1. Spread is a bit uneven. Like, hard uses 1/2 and sometimes 1/4 but Normal uses 1/1 mostly. Made some changes.

Normal
  1. 01:27:572 (2,3,4) - outstanding pattern, It would mislead players bc you didn't use such stacks for the entire diff. Consider avoiding stack there. Reverted to what I had earlier.
Thanks
Topic Starter
Akareh

Namki wrote:

Hello.

General
  1. The piano part at the very beginning uses finishes in a pretty weird manner. Piano there sounds quiter equally for me. For instance, 00:01:510 - sounds the same as 00:02:260 - but the latter one has finish. Or 00:06:010 - is kind of prominent but does not have finish. I'd highly recommend you tro change these into that. I wanted to spice hitsounds a bit there with voice/pitch differences so the feedback wasn't just whistles or finishes for like 20 secs. Updated using your finish, since it sounds a bit different but I guess it's softer so it doesn't stand out so much. Mari wants to use his own hitsounding tho, so only applied to NHI.
  2. Also, clap usage makes little sense to me. Like, 00:21:760 - and 00:21:947 - both use clap but sounds are like way too different. You could use this hitsoundfor placing it for sounds like: 00:20:260 - / 00:21:760 - / 00:23:260 - etc. ye,
    fixed for NHI
  3. Check MA it says that a bunch of SB files are unused. MA doesn't give me any warnings about SB elements, maybe you have an older version of the map? Mari and I fixed some of these things a few weeks ago.
  4. Spread is a bit uneven. Like, hard uses 1/2 and sometimes 1/4 but Normal uses 1/1 mostly. I don't think the jump is really huge, tbh,
    but anyway told lancer to add some more 1/2s to his diff so that the spread is a bit cleaner.
Insane
  1. 00:54:010 (1,2,3,4,5) - they seem to be divided to 00:54:010 (1,2,3) - and 00:54:572 (4,5) - but according to music it is 00:54:010 (1,2) - and 00:54:385 (3,4,5) - . Also spacing makes little sense as this is 00:54:385 (3) - quite prominent sound. Consider changing pattern in a way that 00:54:385 (3,4,5) - are different from 00:54:197 (2) - both aesthetically and spacing wise. to me, the biggest emphasis in the strings is at 00:54:385 (3,4) -, but I guess I can space 3 a bit further from 2, sure.
  2. 01:07:135 (6,7,8) - I can't hear sound here 01:07:416 - . Also bigger spacing to 01:07:697 (9) - than 01:07:885 (1) - makes 0 sense. fixed both
  3. 01:35:541 (7) - undermapped snare 01:35:635 - isn't a good idea tbh. Consider making that pattern 01:31:135 (3,4) - instead. can't do 01:31:135 (3,4) - since 01:35:260 (6) - holds here, but I made the snare clickable.
  4. 01:41:166 (2,3) - stack went wrong. Move it manually. I¡m not good at manual stacks but... fixed?
  5. 01:41:447 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - stream isn't audible. There's only few 1/8 doubles. it's simplified rhythm, and it plays a lot better than a long slider there would, so I'd like to keep this, sorry.
Hard
  1. 00:13:510 (1,1) - 1/1 gap isn't enough to recover. made it like the one in normal, but I think it was fine tbh
  2. 00:21:947 (4,5,6) - because this is hard there is no need to spam triples, also this one is made manually I can't hear triple there. Consider deleting circle here 00:22:041 - . oke
  3. 00:28:510 (1) - you make big slider for that 1/4 piano slider what you made with 00:22:510 (1,2) - earlier, quite inconsistent. Intentional,
    I want to reduce the density since the song is calming down, piano also sounds softer here than before so it wouldn't make much sense imo to keep following it here.
  4. You like make 1/2sliders for 1/1 kick and 1/2 sliders for 1/2 kicks 01:07:510 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3) - which makes little sense to me as music intensity rises but pattern intensity does not. I'd recommend you to put few circles, intead. turned 01:09:010 (1) - into 2 circles
  5. 01:54:385 (2) - violin goes 1/2, not 1/1. 1/2 reverse, instead?oke
Updated all diffs, as well as SB object highlights with the help of myka o/

Please redl mapset for new samples.
show more