forum

Miki Sayaka vs. Miki Sayaka (fw. Miki Sayaka) - squartatrice

posted
Total Posts
show more
Shohei Ohtani

soulfear wrote:

Stjpa wrote:

Or just answer them because who wants to read 20+ pages? Also, if things get mentioned over and over and over, don't you think it's time to change something? Just because a lot of time passed since the last qualification with no changes made after the disqualification it doesn't mean you can just try it again without doing anything at all, of course people will point out the same things again...
Read the whole topic is QAT&BN or good modder's work first right?
I really don't want to sound mean since I'm legitimately not being snarky but I have no what you mean by this
Topic Starter
soulfear

CDFA wrote:

I really don't want to sound mean since I'm legitimately not being snarky but I have no what you mean by this
Sorry,I maen,if any people don't like some parts but they're rankable,please read old pages,probably I or charles445 have responed them why I make them like that already,and also sorry about my poor English that I can't anwser them agian&again qwq
Shohei Ohtani

soulfear wrote:

CDFA wrote:

Sorry,I maen,if any people don't like some parts but they're rankable,please read old pages,probably I or charles445 have responed them why I make them like that already,and also sorry about my poor English that I can't anwser them agian&again qwq
That's fine about your English that's why I wanted to clarify what you meant before people responded.

Anyways I'll give a response to this in a bit, currently in class
Stjpa

soulfear wrote:

CDFA wrote:

The problem is with this attitude everyone could basically rank everything and just use excuses for literally everything. This game is a community-driven game so all you can do is changing what other people want to see changed, unless you manage to convince them with your explanations. If they keep questioning your ideas after explaining it to them then there is something wrong most likely. I for myself definitely wouldn't go back multiple pages just to check one out of many possible timestamps, which is understandable I suppose. But since you wanna go for Loved instead of Ranked (apparently) this discussion doesn't matter too much I guess
anna apple

Stjpa wrote:

The problem is with this attitude everyone could basically rank everything and just use excuses for literally everything. This game is a community-driven game so all you can do is changing what other people want to see changed, unless you manage to convince them with your explanations. If they keep questioning your ideas after explaining it to them then there is something wrong most likely. I for myself definitely wouldn't go back multiple pages just to check one out of many possible timestamps, which is understandable I suppose. But since you wanna go for Loved instead of Ranked (apparently) this discussion doesn't matter too much I guess
There are many examples of "community driven events" that are extremely prejudiced, this kind of argument is ridiculous. Can we please stick to properly modding this mapset

anyways the community is really big with many differing opinions, its not like because some people who are "community members" say they don't like this map doesn't not validate them.
Monstrata
Like I said, Charles' social experiment to see if people will believe this is a good map just because he said so xD.

The good points of the map: it has some fun patterns when the map is playable. The flow makes sense most of the time. There are cool 1/4 jump patterns (but also some cancer ones).

Bad points of the map: what is aesthetics. not very playable in many aspects. most patterns are "average" to "low quality" either due to playability concerns, wide angles, or combination of visuals and weird spacings. 1/4's that aren't cool are cancer.

It's not inherently a bad map, but it's not inherently a good map too. It's average at best. Depending on what you value in maps, your opinion will of course sway. If you think ""poor visuals / awkward movements" can be overlooked if the pattern seems "fun to play" for you, that's great. Everyone interprets "fun to play" differently. If you don't care much about visuals, then you might be more forgiving about this map's quality. On the other hand, if you care a lot about visuals, playability, and think the patterns used in this map are generally average to low quality, you would be correct to say this map needs a lot of work.

Me? I find it hypocritical to dq mod other people's maps if I don't like it when people dq mod my maps, or maps that I think are subjectively good quality, so I will stay out.
_handholding
just gonna say this

Easy would be better with spaced 1/1 beats
sdafsf
01:41:640 (1,1) - spinner recovery? in normal
pishifat

sdafsf wrote:

01:41:640 (1,1) - spinner recovery? in normal
yeah, you need ~2 beats between the spinner and the following object on a diff of this level as said on the ranking criteria

you'll also need to address the new mods you've received if you plan on re-ranking. good luck!
Uberzolik
i'm surprised that was there for so long before anyone noticed, considering how many people are in this thread and how long it's been
Saoji
I hope it'll at least get loved. I like the patterns. And I really miss this kind of style ><
Ataraxia
i don't feel 640x480 its a good BG size. just look how weird thats fit in game.

here https://imgur.com/a/Okdi7 a good quality bg with a good size

To be honest, the bg art its weird, so I stretch them horizontally to fit at least the letters.

--

hope can help.

Other stuff

[last diff]

01:21:308 (1) - i see ALL the thread searching the reason of this, i don't find them (if you find just link them).

if you don't find, i think i can have a reply , right ?

Okay, first thing: ITS ONLY 1 BEAT (more specifically, its a Eletronic Snare, just one beat, nothing more) but you extend here to a mega repeat thats break everyone them play this map.

if you want tho stay this, at least u should do a nerf here, something like 5.0x.

--

Hope can help.
Xinnoh
01:11:974 (1) - why are there no hitsounds in this section lol, the music hasn't stopped. Use drum-hitwhistles or claps to follow the snares
Len
well overall is really awesome tbh but i wanna say that last diffs very very long sliders shapes a bit ugly and hard to follow at the highlights last
E m i

Len wrote:

well overall is really awesome tbh but i wanna say that last diffs very very long sliders shapes a bit agly and hard to follow at the highlights last
this, those sliders are just for luck if you get a missed sliderend or not
Left

Momi wrote:

lol if you say sliderend then how about my trash maps www

i'm not a fan of this map but whoo good luck xd
E m i

Left wrote:

Momi wrote:

lol if you say sliderend then how about my trash maps www

i'm not a fan of this map but whoo good luck xd
Better than missing 90% of sliderends on a pattern and fun with all mods xd
Zaliant
Hi there, because of the threads current state, i honestly cba to read over everything

so just skip over things that have been previously answered

lalala
00:38:307 (1,2,3,4,5) - sounds like you are emphasizing the piano here, where as 00:38:724 (6,7) - hold different priority, deleting 6 and spacing 7 would bring some clarification

00:50:085 (1,1) - seem to be a bit off but don't seem to clarify a minute change in the music, adjusting 00:49:974 (1) - and 00:50:529 (1) - would probably be an easy fix to hold flow

00:51:307 (9) - shouldn't this be the start of the change since it is the downbeat?

01:40:973 (13) - NC perhaps?

01:54:890 (8) - perhaps include this note with the stream as i don't hear any prominent changes to warrant this type of placement

GL
Topic Starter
soulfear
Hello,here are my last words in OSU,I was quit OSU before and make a lot of friends in other games,happy with them every day,but in this game,only sadness,and now I can quit it forever.
To Karen:thank you for coming to my map because I don't even call you to check my map,when I saw your first reply in my map,I was surprised.
To other people who hate my map&me:I'll glad if you guy can ask someone to nuke all my rank maps&delete them,this is my last wish.
To other people who love my map&me:really thank you guys,wish you guys will have a good life everyday.
I don't want to contribute to this game anything and anymore,it's useless,I'm old,finally it just awaste of my time.
at last,congratulations to those popular mappers who steal/copypaste from my map,you are succeed.
Farewell.
UndeadCapulet
;-;
Raytoly
wut.....
[Mahua]
唉......
Uberzolik
sad to see a map go like this
Akitoshi
:(
MaridiuS
No comment ;(
Mun
friendly reminder that whether you like a map or not, it was made by a human being
there's a right way and a wrong way to have discourse over a map
i'm sure a lot of people just learned that the hard way

even if i don't like the map, not cool guys
Ideal
coulda just kept the map and waited for loved tbf, it wasnt bad

oh well gl on your life
blobdash
good job people, you made someone quit.
Ethercastle
Hating for the sake of hating and abusing power.
Sigh, people are as toxic as ever, things never change.
gl irl soulfear, thanks for all the wonderful maps.
Mir
as much as i disagreed with the map nobody should ever be flamed so hard they decide to quit the game

shame on every single one of you that brought your petty toxicity to this thread. I hope you're happy
Shiirn

soulfear wrote:

Hello,here are my last words in OSU,I was quit OSU before and make a lot of friends in other games,happy with them every day,but in this game,only sadness,and now I can quit it forever.
To Karen:thank you for coming to my map because I don't even call you to check my map,when I saw your first reply in my map,I was surprised.
To other people who hate my map&me:I'll glad if you guy can ask someone to nuke all my rank maps&delete them,this is my last wish.
To other people who love my map&me:really thank you guys,wish you guys will have a good life everyday.
I don't want to contribute to this game anything and anymore,it's useless,I'm old,finally it just awaste of my time.
at last,congratulations to those popular mappers who steal/copypaste from my map,you are succeed.
Farewell.
You did your best, soulfear. That alone puts you above many names other people praise in my book.

It's a shame even your mapper spirit can be damaged beyond repair.
Cheri
this is just sad... I don't understand how people could be so damn toxic over a game. it 1 thing to hate the map but don't bring your damn petty hate comments in a thread that is suppose to improve a map and expect the mapper he/she self to just shrug it off - Just because a map is not up to date to your mapping needs, shouldn't mean to tare down the map to suit your expectation as that takes aways the mappers vision and only puts in your own and that obviously doesn't solve the situation. Not to say that there wasn't anybody trying to help but there was more hate than help and I can't see anyone denying that.

Its a pity to see all this effort to go down the drain just because everyone not liking a map they don't even have to play or look at.

anyways this thread should be locked before any more damage is done.
ScubDomino
I like how there are more modders/mappers in this thread shitting all over the map than players.

They said to comply to the map's context, but that is literally completely ignored here.

Thanks for your maps Fear, wishing for the best in your future endeavors!
Nozhomi
Congratz to this community once again, just continue to show how mature you are.

And have fun soulfear for your other stuff o7
lit120
Knowing by reading all these posts here, you should be ashamed of yourselves, being such an immature shit, as i've seen a lot of worst cases like this

I haven't seen the map yet, but gl with your life out there, soulfear!
_DT3
What the actual fuck guys, the map has made the mapper quit a game he likely actually enjoyed before. I personally haven't seen the map yet but tbh seeing how the past 20 pages have been filled with posts within the last two days, this looks like it was such a shitstorm. Like damn, this is a game, you don't need to get so triggered by a single map. This is exactly why I decided to stay out of this thread

Anyways, gl for your future soulfear, hope you have a good one!
Sieg
It's sad to see that soulfear decided to make a martyr from himself instead of working on compromises or pushing this to loved. Oh well, gl irl.

jic for the history records - https://puu.sh/zsEdx/5cf2672d62.osz
OSUjanaiKATSURAda
This Manga Need A Serialized Anime tbh pretty Dramatical Story ... ( btw there is a map already Qualified with worst aesthetics and rhythm choice and weird overall
hollowing's Map .exe diff ) but no one seems to care hmmm Kids shouldnt have authority Above a Community even if its a game because they will ruin it tbh actually its already ruined lol.

i Hope this goes to Loved atleast.
Chaos
I know most of you won't take anything meaningful out of the events of the past few days here but perhaps try to have at least a little bit of basic respect for your fellow mappers and community members in the future. It's very sad to see things end up the way they are as of now, a mapping thread devoid of meaningful discussion of the mapset at hand and utterly meaningless comments that did nothing but cause trouble and drama. I'll be locking this thread for some time since there isn't anything to gain by having it open at this point.

soulfear: I'm terribly sorry on behalf of the community that this mapset came under such needless harassment from people who had no intention of ever helping you with improving it. And speaking personally, I apologize for not being free to manage this thread so that many of these comments could have been removed before everything escalated out of control. If you ever want this thread unlocked for any reason, please contact me or any other GMT/QAT member. If this is your final farewell, I wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors. Thank you for your extensive contributions to the game.

edit: for clarity some posts have been removed from this thread
Fycho
Unlocked on request.

For the one who would post here: please keep the thread on topic on a polite discussion, any unrelated or nonsense posts might be removed and you will be slapped with high silences on you, I hope you behave well.

For modders: look through old posts to see if your points have been raised, if so make sure read the replies of them before posting.
show more