LaCreme
/a/
Rantai
Brisbane Supanova 2010

Edits: Spelling
renafgt
NeVeR_DiE got me on here during summer. I net him on a forum
Yoichi Sturmhimmel
My friend has it, and gave it to me. Now I lost it. :( Ah well, when I have my own computer, I'll just re-download it!
TKiller
Reading this thread makes me think everyone was invited by someone.

As for me, I was searching for more rhythm games to play, Google led me here. Didn't like the concept at first, but changed my mind afterwards.
PerspicaciousHaze
I heard EBA was a good game, so then I tried it emulated, but the hitcircles were so tiny.

Then I later saw a video of osu!, but it was CatchTheBeat, and I thought that the whole game was catching fruit. So I forgot about it soon after.

Months later I searched a Touhou song on YouTube and saw a video of someone playing it on osu!. Then I realized osu! also has a standard mode and a Taiko mode and is full of Japanese songs so I downloaded and played it.
Hero Claw
Youtube and one friend <3
Piotrekol
i seen a friend was playing it on xfire so i checked it
Kaona
From my friend who plays :)
Weez
Was looking for a song and found this
Everything else was a blur XP
Garven
I was on 4chan arguing about how shitty Project Diva was as a rhythm game and this was mentoned.
Lilac

Garven wrote:

I was on 4chan
This guy.

And I haven't posted how I got here?

This guy.

I also want to see what VGCats thing referenced osu! Never mind, found it.
Hitsujimi
I've found it on youtube, even tough i've heard it about before from a friend ! D:
OnosakiHito

Rokodo wrote:

I found osu! when I was looking for a free taiko no tatsujin gameplay simulator. :)
Sci_old
MMO hut out of all places
Lilac
That's pretty recent then.
OzzyOzrock
this guy called dpritch

makes MADs now though ;c
Athyrionjh
I've searched for Miku/Luka Songs on Youtube and then i found this Video and i liked it :D
M i l o t i c
i saw my friend play this game
Un4got10
from smbdy's signature
necroxisia
from a youtube video
Vish024
From some kid (adam2046)
kitepryo
I got to know Osu! from a friend online. She streamed it. I told her, it looks awesome. So she gave me the link and it is awesome! :D
Xswordy
eru

dNextGen wrote:

from this guy http://osu.ppy.sh/u/50666
thanamon
When my chat friends are talking about this game, I checked it and fell in love at that instant XD
Susanoo980
you tube!!!
SpacemanSpiff
I found it by lurking 4chan's /a/ (the only board I reside from, at least now). They have some osu! nights once in a great while, saw it a few times and passed it up. One night I was like, "eh, I'll give it a shot". Best decision of my life. I love this game so much, I'm so glad I gave it a shot.
Amaterasu_old
A few friends told me about this game. Hardest game ever when I still tried to play on Touchpad :)
sunsunlol
My girlfriend was playing it, at 1st glance I thought it was one of those stupid games.
But after trying it (well, she pretty much forced me) I thought it was actually kinda fun.... and now I play it when ever I got the time for it :)
Kyonko Hizara
youtube
Circy
A friend showed me this game initially. I played a few songs, but never got into it because osu! standard was too difficult for me.

I took a 1 year hiatus and got into Taiko no Tatsujin DS during that year. During that hiatus, I got addicted to Nico Nico Douga's Kumikyoku and I really wanted to play a taiko version of it. After a long long time of searching, I was brought back to this game, and noticed that this song was available, and I could play it in taiko! Now I'm a full taiko player, though I have improved a bit on standard mode. Yay for osu!
[DG2L]YungYeezy
I decided to watch youtube instead of doing homework, and then I found a certain video that lead me to osu.

It's okay guys. I only got an F on my paper.
miauww_old

Shootinglight wrote:

I decided to watch youtube instead of doing homework, and then I found a certain video that lead me to osu.

It's okay guys. I only got an F on my paper.
8-)
retry your paper and go for SS this time.. =P

OT: found osu! from "a-certain-xxx-anime" *blush*
ElxBeta
A friend told me one day about osu!, I installed it, went to multi with him and after some minutes of playing the HARDEST songs of that time, I uninstalled it and 3 months later I started playing again.
Feresia
Saw someone broadcasting it, few mins after that i decided to try it out :P Next thing i knew i couldnt stop playing :P
Kamure
I actually found it first on Cydia, you know.... jailbreaking your iPod and stuff, then I got curious started looking for videos of people actually playing it on Youtube. Then I found the PC version when I found a guy playing Hardware Store by Weird Al Yankovic (kingcobra) and Final Battle G/S/C (Larto). So, yeah, i found the iPod version then the PC version...
seeker_nami
How I knew about Osu? Hmm...
My boyfriend saw a video of the game in youtube while looking for some random stuff... showed it to me and I gave him the idea to download it. In the beggining we were four guys playing private online matches... now I'm the only one left here xD
TBTE
I was googl'ing random shit...

That and Gameinformer Made a Issue on this!!!
show more