Total Posts
show more
Mir
everything not replied to is fine

ProfessionalBox wrote:

Mir wrote:

Vividness:
i'm partially popping for this:

- 00:38:965 (2) - expected this to end on white in play since there's nothing at all on the blue and there's clearly audible melody that the whole intro focused on so it really threw me off that you ignored it here You can hear the long sound that starts at 00:38:965 - and I felt it was special enough to be mapped so to map as much of it as possible I ended it on blue tick and muted it to continue mapping the map as I had before it.
- 00:49:482 - not sure why nothing's here when there's the same sound as 00:48:793 - ? transitions actually better into 00:49:655 (1) - imo Added a circle

---

i'm partially popping for this:
- 01:00:689 (1,2,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - really like i can barely hear this stream yet there's streamjumps and cross-screen 1/4 sliderjumps.. :( 01:03:448 - where i can ACTUALLY hear the stream it's just repeats?? I think this is reasonable overmapping - When the hihats are very audible the rest of the instruments are toned down suggesting a more calm approach so that is why its repeats instead of continuous streams

--

- 01:14:482 (1,1,2) - imo ctrl+g 01:14:827 (1,2) - individually and get a lot nicer flow from 01:14:482 (1) - since right now you have to make quite a snappy movement that doesn't really feel too nice Current is better flow-wise imo as you do a very circular motion that feels nice to play.
- 01:17:241 (1,2) - for an intermittent calm part this jump seems out of place, would reduce to this or something https://i.imgur.com/slFMapi.png The pattern before this has big enough spacing to make this feel natural, also if I did what you did in the picture the slider after the jumps that has a snare on its head would be very underemphasized hm but the slider after that has lower spacing? also stuff like 01:17:758 (2,1) - seems a bit much there too considering it's a 1/4 jump, you could stack it on the tail of 01:17:068 (2) - same for 01:19:137 (4,1) - you could just stack 4 on 1 since there's almost nothing on 1 to warrant such a massive jump imo. iirc there might be other places this happens so if you agree the 1/4 jumps are a little much apply some nerfs there too
- 02:00:862 (1) - really strong sound on 02:01:206 - that gets skipped and imo would be much nicer on the slidertail, would also release as the song does to emphasize 02:01:379 - The whole song kind of stops when this sound ques so I'm trying to mimic that by having a very slow hold slider.
If I end it on the sound then the next patterns beginning will feel underemphasised unless I position it way across the playing field which I find worse.

- 02:17:758 (3,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - it's nice but it's so much more difficult to aim these than anything else in this section and this is like the calmest part of the song. Later you do 02:24:827 (1,2,1,2) - which fits a lot more despite there being the wub in the back where circles could have fit. I suggest making this part a little less spaced since that's the main thing that feels excessive aka 02:19:137 (2,1) - is too much spacing for basically no emphatic sounds I nerfed the pattern spacing as much as I could without overlapping the circle in the centre. I kept the pattern the same. 02:19:137 (2,1) - this jump is still pretty big, maybe you can fiddle with the rotations to make it less jarring? for example if you started it in the top right instead of bottom left https://i.imgur.com/rrv3tNb.png the rest is better now

i'm mainly popping for this:

- 03:26:896 (1,1,2) - this is really out of the blue as a pattern, afaik you only hide sliders like this once in the whole map and that's here, so i don't see this being very fitting given how it was mapped overall. I think a partial overlap or something would be fine but not perfectly overlapping I think its fine because of the very tiny spacing on the first kickslider of the pattern. The player will see where it begins and also has time to see where the second kickslider is because of the circular slider fading out at that point. kind of unsure on this.. are you sure you can't at least make it slightly overlap? https://i.imgur.com/NhOQx84.png
- 03:28:965 (1,2,1,2) - similar to byfar, pitch is decreasing but spacing is increasing, seems a bit backwards for a winding-down feeling part So you'd rather want me to start here at the maximum spacing I use? No matter how much sense it would make from pitch increase/decrease sense here is one of the few exceptions where I think its better to increase spacing against the decreasing (there is actually one melody which rises here aswell so its quite clustered in that sense) suppose it's largely up to intepretation i guess.. i don't hear the sound you're referring to and i think yes it would be better if you started with the maximum spacing but whatever this is minor anyways
- 03:30:517 (1,2,1,2) - spacing is a bit weird here, first 1,2 is 1/2 and second is 1/4, yet the 1/4 is spaced further. I think there's a stream sort of thing Adjusted this to make it more clear
Looking better, waiting on rrytui's response.
WORSTPOLACKEU
I think your combo colors changed, do not know if it is intentional but they are different than before.
Just leaving it here.

also 03:13:103 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - looks broken atm, something moved by accident?
03:05:862 (1,2,3) - also this linear flow here is really not playing well right now, the pattern you had before was much better tbh

03:27:413 (2,3) - too low spacing ?

edit: rrtyuis part here
02:39:310 (2) -
02:42:758 (1) -
02:50:344 (2) -

This part feels too fast and intense considering other parts aswell, I have played it tons of times and it just jumps out of the good contrast by a large margin, it is way too fast and spaced at some points, the sliders I mentioned are fast for no reason at all, it just does not fit the contrast when you play it.
Minorsonek
My 2 cents, because i like the map.

01:30:862 (5) - this is almost no sound, plays really badly considering that previous jump on 01:30:689 (4) - was so loud and important and at the same time
01:30:862 (5) - is stacked below 01:30:517 (3) - so its really hard to read/play for really no reason, since sound is so silent. I would suggest stacking it under 01:30:689 (4) - so its more intuitive to play or another option is to completely remove this circle or map it as sliderend
The same concept applies for 01:36:379 (3) - 01:41:896 (4) -
01:47:241 (1) - here for example, you did it perfectly, why not apply it to the previous examples?
03:26:551 (1) - or here, this sound i've talked about before is 03:26:724 - there, and in this slider you've completely ignored it, so it is next example of what im talking about
Last example i see is 03:37:586 (3,1) - here rrtyui did something similar to what i said - stacking this red tick sound under this strong circle

01:58:103 (1) - this ends on strong beat 01:58:189 idk if its intended

Hope it helps someway, while playing it i tend to miss this silent sound note a lot, it just feels badly to play + considering next part of the song has this part mapped well i think it is an issue and you can fix it. Good luck with the map!
rrtyui

Mir wrote:

- 03:35:948 - there's actually a triple here with the wubs that might be cool to map if you wanted
nope, Thanks.
- 03:36:206 (2,3,1) - 1 seems really low spacing compared to everything else here, would be nice to get more spacing like the other patterns
well I'll keep this.
- 02:40:862 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - okay what is this even mapping? this doesn't exist in the song and is like 90% just made up rhythm.
uhh There is actually the tick sounds (same as 02:44:137 (1,2,1,2) - ), and also I feel sucking me like tornado from the reversed piano, so.
- 02:52:413 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - again just for hihats? streamjumps into an accelerating stream that ends in a spaced stream? I don't think this is appropriate for the intensity here
hm I might understand your thoughts, but
1. I wanna make the consistency of the the quick movements from 02:51:034 (1) - to 02:52:758 (1) - .
2. As a reason of making different between 02:51:034 (1,2,3,4) - and 02:52:413 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - , they have a bit different sounds and Increasing the tension.
3. about 02:53:103 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - , the volume is increasing.
because of above reasons, sorry I can't consider that as just a hihat here.
Thanks modding :eye:

btw Probox, I'm just being FeelsBadMan by this rhythm 02:12:758 (1,1) - (maybe just a mistake)
Mir

rrtyui wrote:

Mir wrote:

- 03:35:948 - there's actually a triple here with the wubs that might be cool to map if you wanted
nope, Thanks.
- 03:36:206 (2,3,1) - 1 seems really low spacing compared to everything else here, would be nice to get more spacing like the other patterns
well I'll keep this. Would like a reason as to why :?
- 02:40:862 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - okay what is this even mapping? this doesn't exist in the song and is like 90% just made up rhythm.
uhh There is actually the tick sounds (same as 02:44:137 (1,2,1,2) - ), and also I feel sucking me like tornado from the reversed piano, so.
- 02:52:413 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - again just for hihats? streamjumps into an accelerating stream that ends in a spaced stream? I don't think this is appropriate for the intensity here
hm I might understand your thoughts, but
1. I wanna make the consistency of the the quick movements from 02:51:034 (1) - to 02:52:758 (1) - .
2. As a reason of making different between 02:51:034 (1,2,3,4) - and 02:52:413 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - , they have a bit different sounds and Increasing the tension.
3. about 02:53:103 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - , the volume is increasing.
because of above reasons, sorry I can't consider that as just a hihat here.
Thanks modding :eye:

btw Probox, I'm just being FeelsBadMan by this rhythm 02:12:758 (1,1) - (maybe just a mistake)
Uh the rest of the explanations I can understand so that's fine. Just wouldn't really accept "well i'll keep it then" since that doesn't answer the point. :?
Topic Starter
ProfessionalBox

Mir wrote:

everything not replied to is fine

Mir wrote:

- 02:17:758 (3,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - it's nice but it's so much more difficult to aim these than anything else in this section and this is like the calmest part of the song. Later you do 02:24:827 (1,2,1,2) - which fits a lot more despite there being the wub in the back where circles could have fit. I suggest making this part a little less spaced since that's the main thing that feels excessive aka 02:19:137 (2,1) - is too much spacing for basically no emphatic sounds I nerfed the pattern spacing as much as I could without overlapping the circle in the centre. I kept the pattern the same. 02:19:137 (2,1) - this jump is still pretty big, maybe you can fiddle with the rotations to make it less jarring? for example if you started it in the top right instead of bottom left https://i.imgur.com/rrv3tNb.png the rest is better now
Nerfed this more

Mir wrote:

- 03:26:896 (1,1,2) - this is really out of the blue as a pattern, afaik you only hide sliders like this once in the whole map and that's here, so i don't see this being very fitting given how it was mapped overall. I think a partial overlap or something would be fine but not perfectly overlapping I think its fine because of the very tiny spacing on the first kickslider of the pattern. The player will see where it begins and also has time to see where the second kickslider is because of the circular slider fading out at that point. kind of unsure on this.. are you sure you can't at least make it slightly overlap? https://i.imgur.com/NhOQx84.png
Like I said no need to, I won't touch this and I already explained why.
rrtyui

Mir wrote:

well I'll keep this. Would like a reason as to why :?
To be frank, I don't think that is actually a matter but this is very common type of placement in this map. well imo I just considered them as like a two circle pattern like used in others part here, and holding here 03:36:465 (3,1) for a while lead impact that fit the sounds.
:o
WORSTPOLACKEU
03:26:896 (1,1,2,3,4) - I can tell you Mir this pattern might seem out of the blue but it is actually very nice and satisfactory to play, I would just change spacing on this 03:27:413 (2,3) - because that's where you have to stop your movement and go in a linear direction and the spacing compared to the other similar intense parts is higher.

But the pattern is very playable and satisfactory.
Mir
Fair enough. Lifting the veto now.

You're free to carry on with the set as it is currently. Make sure all mods are replied to before getting a rebubble too.

@Pbox i was only trying to find a compromise, no need to reply in such a way, a simple "no thanks" would have sufficed
Topic Starter
ProfessionalBox

Mir wrote:

Fair enough. Lifting the veto now.

You're free to carry on with the set as it is currently. Make sure all mods are replied to before getting a rebubble too.

@Pbox i was only trying to find a compromise, no need to reply in such a way, a simple "no thanks" would have sufficed
I wrote it in a rush so it may seem quite rude my apologies - I just simply wanted to show that I'm not budging on that one so that the comment chain wouldn't continue any further!
fatkidscantosu
- Why is Mir running dad ?
- Because we have to hate on him
- He didn't do anything wrong..
- Because he's the hero Osu deserves, but not the one your PP needs right now. So we'll hunt him... because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a Silent Guardian, a Watchful Protector.

A Dark Knight
Nevo
pretty sure this is anime

after fixing some sb things I feel this is ready for the ranks ad stuffs
Bubbled!
- Frontier -
nevo please stop nominating anime stuff
Flamenco
Nevo is my city <3
Doormat
ok, since mir's veto was lifted i should be allowed to renominate this now.
Topic Starter
ProfessionalBox
renominate? it never was nominated u dummy : )
Mir

just thought i'd put this here
Topic Starter
ProfessionalBox
I'm not afraid of you anymore Mir, I've already beaten your veto accept your loss. Today shall be remembered as the day justice won against evil against all odds.
Mir
fuck i've been beat :(

nah gl with this
Kyouren
Congratulations! <3
Nevo
woot woot
Ampiduxmoe
after an year byfar's part got almost no nerf
it's still huge diffspike and needs a lot more reading and aiming skill to be passed than other similar parts
in all plays from leaderboard most misses/sbs are coming from byfar's part
same goes for fails

sad
maybe it's the main reason for 4.86 user rating

what other mappers involved in collab think about his part?
Xinnoh
Regarding Follow_Line1.png, wouldn't it make more sense to have two long/wide sprites follow the cursor instead of one big one? It would remove all the unnecessary transparency for that sprite.
Nathan
03:08:793 (3) -
Lavender
done cya
-Tochi

Sinnoh wrote:

Regarding Follow_Line1.png, wouldn't it make more sense to have two long/wide sprites follow the cursor instead of one big one? It would remove all the unnecessary transparency for that sprite.
like in neuronecia and chrono diver remix?
tbh it's not necessary, it only adds more filesize lol
Topic Starter
ProfessionalBox

Nathan wrote:

03:08:793 (3) -
Intentional imaginary rhythm which is meant to throw off people by a bit to add more challenge. If you listen to the track very closely you can imagine this rhythm in your head aswell so I see no problem. Also this is very much byfar's style so it's a subjective "issue" (tbh i wouldn't even call it an issue)

someone just dq it already so i can fix kms
-Tochi
well, collabs with different mappers doesn't need to be exactly same style and difficult imo.
since the song is a bit repetitive then why not map differently in some sections (seems less reasonable if it weren't a collab).
Naxess
probox wants to fix the snap at 03:08:793 (3) -
Topic Starter
ProfessionalBox
fixedd
Naxess
also fixed idk.png, back
WORSTPOLACKEU
-
Seijiro
Reminder that this is not how mapping works
Monstrata