forum

[Archived] Osu beatmaps automatically get deleted

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Puppyy
Problem Details:
Whenever I download an Osu beatmap, it automatically gets deleted :( I use chrome. Whenever I download any other type of file (like images or UTAU USTs), they download fine. Its just Osu beatmap files im having this issue with. I tried looking for answers but couldn't find any to fix this problem. Is anyone else having this issue? can anyone fix and help please?

osu! version: 20171227.2 (latest)
Death
Where are your beatmaps being deleted from? What indication do you get that they are being deleted?

After opening a downloaded beatmap file, it should be imported into osu! and deleted from your downloads folder.
Topic Starter
Puppyy
they automatically get deleted on their own before i can open them, it says chrome removed the file but it doesnt say why, and it never shows up in my game
Death
Are you having the same issue with other browsers? Is Chrome up to date? Do you have any AV software on your computer that could be causing the downloads to be removed?
Topic Starter
Puppyy

Death wrote:

Are you having the same issue with other browsers? Is Chrome up to date? Do you have any AV software on your computer that could be causing the downloads to be removed?

i use chrome. i tried firefox and it still wouldn't work. i have McAfee so im assuming thats whats blocking my downloads but i turned it off and my downloads are still being removed.
sytho

Puppyy wrote:

Problem Details:
Whenever I download an Osu beatmap, it automatically gets deleted :( I use chrome. Whenever I download any other type of file (like images or UTAU USTs), they download fine. Its just Osu beatmap files im having this issue with. I tried looking for answers but couldn't find any to fix this problem. Is anyone else having this issue? can anyone fix and help please?

osu! version: 20171227.2 (latest)
check yo recycling bin this happens to me :^)
M7MDDOS
my maps got deleted and the only thing in the game is higher difs that i cant play (4.5-7) what do i do?
Death

M7MDDOS wrote:

my maps got deleted and the only thing in the game is higher difs that i cant play (4.5-7) what do i do?
Make sure you are not filtering your beatmaps by difficulty:

If that does not work, please make a new thread. This one is 2 years old.