forum

Spinning cursortrail.png

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +7
Topic Starter
mrbubl3s
It would be nice to have an option in the skin.ini file to make the cursortrail.png spin. :)
I'm making a skin and my mouse isn't like the default one, and having any sort of stationary cursortrail makes it look funny, so right now I just have it transparent :(.

Would this be useful for anyone else? Or just my oddball skin?
Derekku
I think it makes sense the way it is. The trail could be referred to as a shadow of the cursor; so having it spin just seems silly. Plus, the trail isn't always that visible, so I don't think this would make as much as an impact as you would like.
Topic Starter
mrbubl3s
Cursors aren't always round. :)

I was thinking if, you had cursor that wasn't round, and you still wanted it to spin because its symmetrical, you could have the cursortrail spin the opposite direction, or the same direction at the same speed so its not visible under the cursor.

Its not a major feature or anything, but would be handy from case to case.
Zekira
I think it would be much better if the implementation was something like, the cursor trail reflected the angle at which the cursor was rotated in at the time the cursor was there
Topic Starter
mrbubl3s

Zekira wrote:

I think it would be much better if the implementation was something like, the cursor trail reflected the angle at which the cursor was rotated in at the time the cursor was there
LuigiHann
I think this should at least be an option. I wouldn't want it to be tied to cursor rotation, though, since I'm quite attached to my upright star cursortrail in the EBO skin.