been a while since I qualified something in v1
tatemae
hoho
congratz!
_handholding
solid Insane and Extras

worthy of elite mapper title ~
[]
edit: ok I checked the set and there does seem to be a bit of an issue. The gap between normal > hard seems way too big. The normal is mapped almost like an easy with mostly 1/1 beats. Meanwhile the hard is mapped like a hyper with many 1/2 beat rhythms and a few burst streams.

I know this is qualified at the moment but would you considering adding another diff in between normal and hard? I would personally help you requalify your map if you did ~
Shohei Ohtani
Please do not do this.

Here's why.

Easy:
01:28:503 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) -

Normal:
01:28:503 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) -

Hard:
01:28:503 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1) -

Look at these 3 in particular. Both Easy and Normal are all 1/1 sliders just going with the basic foundational beat. Boring, but it's something. HARD, on the other hand, has a LOT of 1/2s, with some 1/4 sprinkled in. There's a HUGE jump with barely any sort of easing in!! This occurs ALL OVER the map!!

Now, the spread between Insane and Hard is okay, but Normal and Hard is just crazy! Normal is just a glorified easy!! There's no complex rhythms that aren't present in the easy!! But you're in no way easing players into the Hard diff by introducing new rhythms.

While in star rating it looks fine, I do not give a shit about star rating, I give a shit about how it plays. If every time I flip through easy and normal, I see the same rhythm and structure, I KNOW something is an issue.

Your lower diffs are as important as your higher diffs. I'd motivate more BN to take the lower diffs more seriously so that people do not have to be the top 10k to have any sort of chance at enjoying the game.
Topic Starter
Narcissu
i have to map Easy diff because RC, and i cant map less rhythm.

about Hard diff, your are right i agree. but ①:it's just make my map more balance not more better ②:i find some mod yet, look like none care for this point.

In general, i don't know what is spread. i will reduce Hard diff if someone(such as lfj / lasse) give more forceful advice :(
_handholding
I think the best way is to

1. add a diff that fits between normal and hard (advanced)

OR

2. make your normal diff harder
Shohei Ohtani
let me make it easier for you

Make your normal diff harder

Like a middle diff could work but my main issue is that Easy and Normal are TOO similar so that it's just weird
Shohei Ohtani
or not
pishifat
00:18:503 (4) - on gaia's is wrongly snapped

normal could be buffed a bit by adding some 1/2 rhythms in the 1/1 spam sections -- especially those in the kiai. i don't think the problem is severe enough to require a new difficulty though
Topic Starter
Narcissu
fix all
Karen
hopefully the current spread is better now, rebubbled
Lasse
spread looks a bit better now and the snapping issue was fixed, should be fine to requalify after 24h I guess?
Topic Starter
Narcissu
so fast w

i just add some 1/2 in Normal diff, let me know if you think do other thing better
Shohei Ohtani
There was an attempt but

Normal:
00:57:536 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - This is mapped the exact same way as in Easy, yet Hard as it as a constant 1/2 stream. It's stuff like ths that is primarily the issue

If you want me to do a full mod I can attempt to but honestly from the BN I've talked to about this like an entire re-map or adding in an advanced diff may be the better solution. It's much easier to start over rather than to patch up something that's problematic.
Topic Starter
Narcissu
@CDFA; to be honest, I saw this reason for the first time in my mapping life... if spread too big, if my map bad, i will fix.

Normal same way as in Easy, but .. some map, Extra same way as in Insane too, just add jump.
_handholding
I agree with CDFA tbh
Shohei Ohtani

Narcissu wrote:

@CDFA; to be honest, I saw this reason for the first time in my mapping life... if spread too big, if my map bad, i will fix.

Normal same way as in Easy, but .. some map, Extra same way as in Insane too, just add jump.
Dude what the fuck are you saying lmao.

Like I kinda get what you're getting at but that's not how you make these middle diffs lmao. An normal is a normal, not an easy with more stuff. It's a completely different entity
Topic Starter
Narcissu
We've talked a lot about it, but look like you just repeating your ideas, never read my reply lol, let see what did I say at the beginning

i have to map Easy diff because RC, and i cant map less rhythm.

its mean
①: i map Normal before Esay, of course its not an Easy with more stuff
②: my Easy is 1.7star Normal imo
③: I don't think there's anything wrong with this, many famous mapper do it too

You remind me of byby13 ... he say “The vocal are intensive and stronger” but i not follow voice.

A good modder can understand the mapper's thinking and provides appropriate suggestion to make the map better.

A poor modder always overrides his/her own mind over the mapper's then ruins the whole map
Topic Starter
Narcissu
i think its fine to requalify
_handholding

Narcissu wrote:

A good modder can understand the mapper's thinking and provides appropriate suggestion to make the map better.

A poor modder always overrides his/her own mind over the mapper's then ruins the whole map
It has been been stated why the the spread is poor; it's because the gap between normal and hard is far too big. If you don't agree then there is nothing else to say at this point. We will have to let the QAT decide, I'm sorry
anna apple
holy shit kisses that avatar is so cute OwO
Shohei Ohtani
Originally I made a post where I tried to explain that you ALSO have to be receptive to what I'm saying, and you have to support your ideas with actual facts rather than "oh well this guy did it", but at this point I'm just sort of going to ignore all of that and ignore all of that and focus on pinpointing major areas where your map needs work. Hopefully this will show off "hey wow I may need to fix this based on the reasons and explanations presented"

INTRO SECTION (Beginning to 00:13:665 )
Hard:
00:04:633 (1,2,3) - So let's look at the composition of this. Preceding this, you have all of these big 1/2 streams and such (or at least a constant 1/2 rhythm in the music), and then WHAM, you're hitting this 1/4 tapped section. This actually is a little more dense than the insane at this part (although the insane has jumps so that's really not an issue in terms of upward spread). Let's go take a look at what the Normal has.

1/1 sliders and notes.

What does the easy have? 1/1 sliders as well.

What essentially happens when you have something like this is that Hard suddenly becomes this HUGE jump to this really dense rhythmic structure while the normal is essentially "haha yes I have learned to CLICK!!!"

00:12:697 (3,4) - This is actually the only rhythmic difference compared to easy and normal. And even then it's debatably covered by the sliders in easy.

You obviously have a LOT to work with in this introduction section, so I'd suggest re-working this into being something distinct of itself, not just the same rhythm as easy. I'm really glad though that Easy is utilizing the strongest rhythms rather than being a 1/1 machine, that's a GREAT start for the easy. It also means that you can do a LOT more with this normal.

VERSE 1 (00:13:665 -
00:22:697 (3) - tiny nitpicky thing in the easy but if you're gonna do a long slider at least do it in all of the diffs... or if you're gonna do it in one diff, do it in the easy.

00:26:408 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5) - So we got jumps happening here in the hard, we've got a grand old time of fun and magic and woohoo. I wonder what you do in the normal diff.

A fucking 1/1 slider.

And easy is something entirely different that like...works kind of better actually??? (I'm not a fan of leaving a lot of gaps in my diffs, I prefer to use sliders as my gap-fillers, but I'm not going to act like that's the major issue at hand).

You obviously got some fun vocals to map here, really rhythmic and syncopated, nice strong drums to help place your beats and such, but you have to do it in a way to where it progressively gets more difficult as the map goes on.

00:31:085 (2,3,4,5,1,2,1) - Nice 1/4 stream lmfao and you're hopping on that 3/4 rhythm which is super fun, really strong to the ear, and I'm loving it a LOT. Gives the map that distinctness that a lot of people love in maps, making it not just seem like it was auto-mapped.

Now the normal has... you guessed it, 1/1 notes and a repeat slider. And the easy has... the same thing, with a longer repeat slider (Which if you want my honest opinion, I'm sure the easy players could play the slider you have in normal, since it IS probably the most prevalent rhythm in this, which is what you WANNA follow in the easy and normal diffs)

-------------------------------------

I really want to go on but it's honestly going to be more of the same shit, me highlighting a section, noting the difficulty and fullness of the hard diff, and then comparing it to a lackluster normal diff that fails to achieve a proper spread.

You can yell at me all you want and call me names and stuff but that isn't going to make your spread any better. What's going to make your spread better is taking these suggestions and at least toying with the idea on how you can improve your map so that the majority of the community can see the spread as acceptable and accessible to a major part of the osu! playerbase.
Topic Starter
Narcissu

Kisses wrote:

Narcissu wrote:

It has been been stated why the the spread is poor; it's because the gap between normal and hard is far too big. If you don't agree then there is nothing else to say at this point. We will have to let the QAT decide, I'm sorry
Have you seen what CDFA said? Easy and Normal are TOO similar so that it's just weird. normal not an easy with more stuff. you require me add new diff, more diff more similar more weird isn't it?

as far as the final result is concerned, i add some 1/2 in normal, It's not that I agree with CDFA, This just happens to be the same solution about pishfast's post
Topic Starter
Narcissu
@CDFA: Read my post before Mod my map, The situation you put forward does exist. i agree, but i don't think it's a serious and necessary question. and I can't accept your reason,This makes me reluctant to make a concession, such as "Gives the map that distinctness that a lot of people love in maps".

my map get 800fav in a year, some map get 30000+ play everyday, why? I think music/beautiful/PP is the main thing. hope “distinct” help you get a lot of love,
Lasse
last look i had at low diffs was some months ago since there were no changes after my initial bubble
after looking at it again I kinda agree that you should buff rhythm in normal, mainly throwing more active 1/2 into the kiai on normal.
there have already been lots of suggestions to fix it in the last few posts that you should really take into consideration, so I'd just be repeating things.

with all the discussion on it it won't get requalified anyway or just get dq'd again and some changes would really benefit the normal I think :/
Topic Starter
Narcissu
ok

--------

Edit: Garden fix it ... hope 800pp player like 8000pp mapper's diff. update
Karen
add garden to the tags
Topic Starter
Narcissu
fiz
_handholding
looks much better ~
Karen
g
Gaia
Lasse
seems like there are no complaints about normal anymore, a week should be enough time for people to voice their opinion
changes look fine to me