forum

how long should i play osu for?

posted
Total Posts
show more
kai99
Okay. Let's be honest here.
I play about 2-3 hours a day. I used to play about 5 a day for a week or two but realized that was just too much and I wasn't getting anything out of it.
Now, it's just better because I can have enough rest / improve / wait for the next day to play again / have enough time to study... etc.

It just depends on how long you want to play tho.
[Haku]
About 2-3 hours a day is optmal
But the real question is how long do you want to play. 'cause if you don' t want to play more it's not optimal anymore. And if you want to play 10 hours then it's OK as well.
Blitzfrog
I would say more sessions and less time each session.

E.g. 1 hour each session, 2~3 sessions a day separated by good amount of break time
Endaris
1-2h if you want to see good progress
more doesnt hurt either
[Gaia]_old
idk I just play osu! when I feel like it man, it's a game after all
Jukkii
Playing osu for longer sessions as opposed to shorter and more frequent sessions is actually better for improvement, but this can change between people, however me myself and many other people who have talked to me about this have found playing for longer is better for improving and they started getting noticeably better afterwards. Im talking 4-5 hours
N0thingSpecial
You should quit while you can
Endie-
Don't play at all
Quit before its too late
Hibiya-chan
When sometimes I'm not rly feeling it, I play for like 10 minutes just to see if my skills haven't decayed and there will be times that I'll play osu! for hours coz, maybe, I have nothing else to do. If you wanna play, just play and if you don't wanna play, don't force yourself to play.

Plz enjoy gaem.
Tshemmp
Depends, I myself need to play at least one hour just to get warmed up. So it would be kinda wasted effort if I would play for less than 2 hours. Other people are ready to go in 5 minutes but can only play for an hour before they start getting exhausted.
It also depends on what you want to do. Improve fast? Play 3-5 hours a day. Just have a little bit of fun? 1 hour every 2 days seems fine.
Buster
Play for 3-6 hours
Nattsun
If you don't want to be the next Cookiezi you can play 5 minutes a day. Seriously it's a game, play as much as you want.
CaptainAhab_old
You "should" play for however long you feel like – it's just a game. If you're hellbent on becoming a top-ranked player for whatever reason, I suppose I'd recommend devoting virtually all of your free time to the game. :roll:
_handholding
Game sucks, I just keep with it to get up to date with the new weeb music
Fxjlk
Play as much as you can, except when you cant concentrate or if playing more will cause long term damage to your hands.
Aixee_old

M3ATL0V3R wrote:

Play as much as you can, except when you cant concentrate or if playing more will cause long term damage to your hands.
OuO
Sancteria
it even depends on the frequent of your sessions.

You become better if you have 2x 1 hours sessions a day, let's say 1 hour in the morning, 1 hour in the noon than playing 4 hours straight in a row.

The easier it is for your brain to make the neuro pathways in your brain stronger and creating new ones, the faster you'll improve.

This is why "PLAY MORE" is a quite dumb advice for becoming better.

Also: If you keep playing maps that you can already full clear or maps that are all super familiar in terms of rythm, jumps, streams etc. you won't learn something new.

Let's have a look on how sprinters do exercise in order to become better for their next competition.

When they practice sprinting 100 meters, they gonna exercise 150 meter sprints, so they push theirselves further. You can adopt the same thing in this game.

Instead of playing your usual AR9 CS4 maps, create some custom made maps from those, that you can play well but can't quite full clear yet, let'S say maps you can play around 94%-98% and incerase the AR or/and the CS just slightly, NEVER TOO MUCH!, let's say from 9.0 to 9.2-9.4 and the CS from 4 to 4.4-4.6.

On your very last session of the day, you gonna play these practice maps and nothing after that, let your brain adjust and rewire over night and you gonna realize the next day that you are way better in playing AR9 CS4 maps.

As a conclusion:
You can improve faster than most of the players at your ranks by only investing a percentage of the time they spend in order to improve if you exercise SMART
kai99
i play 3.5 hrs on average i think, once or twice a week
pandaBee

kai99 wrote:

I play about 2-3 hours a day. I used to play about 5 a day for a week or two but realized that was just too much and I wasn't getting anything out of it.
Now, it's just better because I can have enough rest / improve / wait for the next day to play again / have enough time to study... etc.

You told us, yeah
KupcaH
kai go sleep
Fxjlk

Aixee wrote:

M3ATL0V3R wrote:

OuO
XD :ppp ll45
DXPOHIHIHI
Only play when your in the mood
kai99
but it became longer and i dont play 2 hours anymore, its too short and i only play max twice a week now but more growth
ManuelOsuPlayer
I play when i feel it.
Sometimes 16h in a row. Sometimes 30m. Body knows. Brain troll.
SlowLogicBoy

kai99 wrote:

This guy^
dung eater
H, a few points in destruction. . From : / ssn-index. . ticks in that case. 1 point in charge and x slash ( is not so important later ).