Skidayo
my skills are decaying for 2 years. give some tips for noob
Kyrari
you already know the answer you'll get here
pandaBee
Give me some tips first
- e - v - b-
play mor

edit: didn't notice you have actually played for a long ass time so serious answer now
Stop retrying so much and challenge yourself (but don't play stuff too far out of your range) if you want to seriously improve, playing higher star multis will help loads with consistency, best of luck
Akanagi
I was gonna suggest getting atleast 1-2k hours, but..
KupcaH
Find what you suck at, and try to suck less at it.
pandaBee

KupcaH wrote:

Find what you're suck at, and try to suck less at it.
I suck at Osu. How do I not suck at Osu?
KupcaH

pandaBee wrote:

KupcaH wrote:

Find what you're suck at, and try to suck less at it.
I suck at Osu. How do I not suck at Osu?
By sucking less.

EDIT: just realised my amazing grammahar.
pandaBee

KupcaH wrote:

grammar*
Sancteria
Ive had a break of 2 years, been playing with a tablet back then.
Now Ive played like 1-3 hours each day for 2 weeks with a mouse and my skills are currently better than 2 years ago....just after 2 weeks.

So the answer is simple : play more

And don't play maps your already good at, if you don't challenge yourself you won't improve.
Also think about your state of mind and your body.
What I mean by that? well...try out the Wim Hof breathing method, do 3 cycles of that and try playing then ^_^
KupcaH

pandaBee wrote:

KupcaH wrote:

grammar*
you don't say
pandaBee

KupcaH wrote:

you don't say
notice me
Sancteria
Ive been showering lil quick and actually thought about that "imrpoving" process in Osu.

Ive just compared your current skill with a friend of mine who has a play count of a bit more of 24k as well, you are both having pretty much the same pp, so you seem to be on track.

If we keep in mind that Osu! is more of a mind sport than a physical one (except that stamina thing) it makes sense to play more frequent BUT not as long at a time. If you overheat your CPU because it ran for too long, it does more harm than good.

Saying if you play 1 hour and take a break of 3 hours and then play another 1 hour will improve your more than you playing 3 hours straight in a row.
Cause when ever you improve, your neuroplastic brain changes, it has to rewire in order to improve things such as your muscle memory or your reaction, your reading ability etc. but it takes time for your brain so you have to give your brain a break.

What I mean by that is that I most of the time experience a massive skill boost when I play like 2 hours maps where I only get 85-90% and then don't play at all the next day, then I improve massively the next day after the break day, meaning on the break day, my brain did rewire in order to make that improvement happen, my brain wouldn't be able to rewire tho if I overuse to neuro pathways which have to become stronger.

If you take a weekend doing research about basic neuro-science, you'll get the hang of it.

Another easy way to improve is to take maps you are quite good at and then creating a custom practice map for yourself, where you increase the cs to 5 instead of 4 and the AR to 9.4 instead of 9.0 so you give yourself a challenge since you are used to cs4 and AR9...unless you play hr.

I just think you shouldn't play AR10 in order to be better in AR9, only push it a lil bit, like 9.2-9.5 and create your set of improvement maps.

And then the same thing again, let's say you gonna play the last hour of the day, that's the time where u play your custom maps only, so your brain has a trigger to rewire and then you give yourself a break for a day...

I hope this is a better explanation on "HOW TO BECOME BETTER" because if you only play more, u won't improve as fast as you could...but people don't seem to criticise their "PLAY MORE"hype
pandaBee
Interdasting
Sancteria

pandaBee wrote:

Interdasting

as long as you never try it out, it will remain "interdasting" but out of any use.

So go, grab your maps that fit your current skill and make them slightly harder
pandaBee
ayy lmao
Sancteria

pandaBee wrote:

ayy lmao

:DDDDDD...quite wondering tho why this forum has no "like" button, every forum has that :O
ManuelOsuPlayer
Play a lot dosn't do anything to skill.
If you're trying to go trought a wall you can give it head butts over and over. But if you get far from it, you may see a door or a window in same room what you couldn't see because your eyes where close to the wall.

When you take a break from playing, muscles recover 100%. Approach good practice after a break, having more energy, being more focused and watching really clear where you suck, should help you tons to find what you should do to improve.
Also play 16 hours at day, may be to much information to handle at once, so you get to the point where you repeat same errors and build muscle memory around them instead apply what you're learning.

Have more breaks, tryhard more when you play.