forum

Binary Modern

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Edepol

This is my first osu!skin. It was originally a private skin, but I decided to make it public.
This skin is for editing; Please only redistribute heavily edited versions of this skin.

Legacy Versions
Download v1.0 here!
Hope you have fun with it!

h3oCharles
that UK flag is distracting

song select and mods screenshots plz
willowww

h3oCharles wrote:

this is what the owner said in the why section
This is my first osu!skin. It was originally a private skin, but I decided to make it public.
This skin is for editing; Please only redistribute heavily edited versions of this skin.
Topic Starter
Edepol

h3oCharles wrote:

Thank you for reminding me about the mods menu.

As for the Union Jack; The skin is designed to be customised to whatever you want, hence the 'scorebar-bg@2x.psd' Being in there along with the crumpled paper texture used. This is so that the user can choose their own profile picture and flag and resize them both easily.

Thank you.
h3oCharles

W1LLLL wrote:

Friendly reminder that mixed skins aren't allowed on the forum
Topic Starter
Edepol

h3oCharles wrote:

W1LLLL wrote:

Friendly reminder that mixed skins aren't allowed on the forum

As the name of the 'BinaryModern-Template-Public v1.1.osk' file should communicate;
The skin is supposed to be a template, however; when saying 'redistribute' I meant on other sites, although I put heavily edited as in how this is effectively a heavily edited osu!template skin. But I guess saying 'heavily edited' is a little too subjective.
my name is hi
This skin is kinda in a grey area but since its technically a mixed skin without direct approval from the original creator, don't be surprised if it's taken down.

Also, you make it sound like you posted from the W1LLLL account... That can't be right though. I'm fairly certain you're not supposed to have multiple accounts...

EDIT: nvm I'm retarded. You're good to go m8
Topic Starter
Edepol

Boaring wrote:

[strike]This skin is kinda in a grey area but since its technically a mixed skin without direct approval from the original creator, don't be surprised if it's taken down.

Also, you make it sound like you posted from the W1LLLL account... That can't be right though. I'm fairly certain you're not supposed to have multiple accounts...[/strike]

EDIT: nvm I'm retarded. You're good to go m8

About W1LLLL; He's one of my friends and was in a discord call with me at the time.
my name is hi
A lot of things in the menu don't really work :/
The small ranking letters don't fit well on the menu-button-background, the different buttons at the background have a weird space between them, the overs are too different from each other, etc...
It's a good base but a lot of stuff could look much, much better.

Also, this ranking letter...
Topic Starter
Edepol

Boaring wrote:

A lot of things in the menu don't really work :/
The small ranking letters don't fit well on the menu-button-background, the different buttons at the background have a weird space between them, the overs are too different from each other, etc...
It's a good base but a lot of stuff could look much, much better.

Also, this ranking letter...
SPOILER
https://puu.sh/z0VF6/6dbe8117a7.jpg

Thanks for pointing these out, I noticed the very large 'X' this morning, but as for the 'weird spacing', I assume you're talking about this:
Large area of transparency between the "actual" image and the edge of the image, which would cause this 'weird' spacing
my name is hi
Actually, I was talking about these:

I meant to type the buttons at the bottom. The button-background are fine XD
Topic Starter
Edepol

Boaring wrote:

Actually, I was talking about these:

I meant to type the buttons at the bottom. The button-background are fine XD

Ah, That's more of a limitation of the osu! client. There's a very easy work-around, but I was using default resolutions, I'll fix that, when I have the time.
my name is hi
you could have fixed it easily, make selection-mode the whole bar with invisible buttons for random, options and mods. Skin the overs and you're good to go!
Topic Starter
Edepol

Boaring wrote:

you could have fixed it easily, make selection-mode the whole bar with invisible buttons for random, options and mods. Skin the overs and you're good to go!

Thanks for pointing this out.