forum

tofubeats - CANDYYYLAND feat LIZ - Pa's Lam System Remix

posted
Total Posts
show more
hi-mei
ow dam i actually like the new version much more!

btw fanzhen plz contact probox in regards of hitsounding plz ty
DeletedUser_259972
just a random mania player passing by

02:06:993 (1) - this sliderend on 1/8 snap seems obscure for me, while all the other sliders are ending on 1/4 snap.
02:09:641 (1) - the sliderstart and the sliderend both are 1/16 slower. i guess just drag it a little bit lol

please go for ranked again, this map's beautiful
and drama sucks
En-Joy
shame it didn't get ranked. love this map :)
ScubDomino
The hype is dead tbh
Tanomoshii Nekojou
d r a m a
OWO
sounds like a l i e n
DoubleTapDGAF
Can we qualify this again pls, it's so unique. (and fucking impossibly hard haha)
blobdash

ProfessionalBox wrote:

uploaded old diff since ppl were asking for it and I'm not gonna do anything with the set anyways
rip bois
Weedy
can we at least put this in loved section
Minorsonek

[[Pika]] wrote:

With the old top diff and unrankedable hansome's slider, would be awesome
Topic Starter
ProfessionalBox

[[Pika]] wrote:

loved is not an option so no, grave or old diff rank w/ minor adjustments no other choice
DoubleTapDGAF

ProfessionalBox wrote:

[[Pika]] wrote:

loved is not an option so no, grave or old diff rank w/ minor adjustments no other choice
such a shame, I think these kind of super interesting unique maps deserve to be ranked. Oh well, that's the way the news goes I guess.
I Must Decrease
Good ass map as it is and was before. Don't give up because of a minor setback, the map is loved by many and while there are a few vocal minorities who tell you that this isn't good, they're not who you should be listen to.

Bad maps get ranked all the time, what are the odds we get a good one through for a change?
Mir
Reminder I'm mostly fine with how Bittersweet Surrender is right now - other than 01:54:243 - not following the "ooh" sound like every other buildup (again I think).

Like if you want to push this again I really won't stop you after that's dealt with. Bittersweet Surrender is imo a really good improvement. Sinnoh seemed willing to recheck it as well so...
Topic Starter
ProfessionalBox

Mir wrote:

Reminder I'm mostly fine with how Bittersweet Surrender is right now - other than 01:54:243 - not following the "ooh" sound like every other buildup (again I think).

Like if you want to push this again I really won't stop you after that's dealt with. Bittersweet Surrender is imo a really good improvement. Sinnoh seemed willing to recheck it as well so...
80% of what was remapped is bad and will either revert to old or be remapped again, the map plays technically fine but the consistency issues sucked the life out of the map and now its very much mapped "intuitively" but the map lost all the fun from playability. The old version while questionable at times was very much planned around sacrificing stuff to guarantee fun playability, now with the parts such as the stacked circles at last kiai section to "introduce the taiko section" better is boring as hell to play and a major setback from what it was before. Same with my remap of second kiai. Its now much more easy to follow but because I'm 100% following the music its boring as hell to play given how I was forced into "consistency" over allowing some one off rhythms which were again much more enjoyable.

The map has no place now after the remap, the players who loved it for its challenge are gone and the players who didn't like its gimmicky nature before don't like it now, besides from the mappers and nominators who think that it "looks better now". Everyone who was able to and enjoyed playing it for various reasons now have stopped playing the map completely, you dont see anyone touch the map with a stick in terms of playing it anymore and all the people I asked for testplay said old was better (probably a psychological effect on some bias to old etc is also present here but still NOBODY said new is better from playerbase). Ironically enough the people who weren't good enough to play it are the only ones who are happy because in their eyes its now objectively better because of the added consistencies and gimmick introductions etc. (You could argue that neither of us can play the map either but thats why we actively reached out to the people who were good enough to have their input, I asked countless amount of times if something felt off from those people).

I don't know how much I'm repeating myself in this rant here but my mindset on the map has shifted from complete tilt --> not caring at all --> wanting to get it ranked because of all the effort that went in. I really want this ranked but I'm not willing to rank a map I'm not happy with.

tldr; current diff sucks and isn't fun to anyone, only pleasing the people who complained about subjective issues.

As said, heavy alterations are the only way this goes anywhere and it will contain stuff from the old diff that was qualified already.

edit: I want to further elaborate that this map will NEVER be a map EVERYONE likes no matter what happens. There simply is no way to make that happen. If something is subjectively bad to you then where goes the line between pushing your own views over letting those who enjoy it, enjoy it? If you feel like the line is crossed with the map here then fine I understand one forcing their authority here, thats your right and duty even, but when there are similar maps that are let through this inconsistent gate of "qualified section" it just looks very hypocritical and targeted because of how much recognition the set has. Either allow them all through or make sure none get through because as it stands it feels very unfair that in theory a single human being can determine what is subjectively hard enough and what isn't by looking the other way or not looking at all.

Lastly this is not directed towards anyone even if I quoted Mir in the beginning but instead its directed to everyone who thinks about what should be done with the map and the situation.
Mir
It's unfortunate to hear that. I don't think I can help you any more than this then.
I Must Decrease
tragic
Minorsonek

ProfessionalBox wrote:

The map has no place now after the remap, the players who loved it for its challenge are gone and the players who didn't like its gimmicky nature before don't like it now, besides from the mappers and nominators who think that it "looks better now".
I remember when i said something similar, everyone were laughing at me, seems i was right.

Minorsonek wrote:

That's why ranking system sucks, map is propably more "rankable" now, but imo previous version was better and now the map is so much worse.
bymarconew
Amaizing :v
Magwaer
Pls rank or love this. The mapping is amazing. Im tired of easy maps. This is a cool mapping. Keep doing maps like this pls :3
Swiftrax
ngl I agree with p-box on what he said.

good luck with whatever you do with the map p-box :P
Gored
this is a tragedy
Destirox

Minorsonek wrote:

I remember when i said something similar, everyone were laughing at me, seems i was right.
cause u not famous lol
my wife is so cute
fireseal
yeah sorry to hear that.

I wish the best for you and I'm playing this map for a while. It's so fun, even in 2018 :oops: :oops:
Hpocks
t/637827/start=173

okay it was qualified here, but where is the disqualify? I do not see it.
toybot
@hpocks p/6367890
Artymis
awww pls try for rank again professionalbox
Cubby
WHY NO RANK AOISHEFOIUWAEHFIOAW
Destirox
sex
Faust
Oh wow, finally a Pa's Lam System track that's almost at the Rankings.

Don't let this die too long. Cheering you on for the day this hits Ranked.
Dianthus
Forever difficulty has a lot of sliders going outside the screen (some parts are barely outside). I'm not sure whether they changed the rule or not, but I remember this being unrankable. Some examples:

00:55:930 (1) - It even goes out in editor: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10438137 And of course, so it does in-game: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10438138
01:01:930 (1) - ^ https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10438146 ; https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10438159
01:06:243 (1) - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10438173 ; https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10438180
MasterShawed
Man try rank this! This map is Amazing!!!!
OopsCombo
Love this song
Gored
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraNKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
intiaz
Looking forward to when you feel motivated to rank this again :D
jas
^^^^^^

go probox!!! we support you!!! make a mapping revolution!!!
emsbro100
This map is so awesome! we are all waiting for the day you decide to rank this!! :D
Topic Starter
ProfessionalBox
why is this thread alive? i wont promise anything but I might try something at 1k favs
jas

ProfessionalBox wrote:

why is this thread alive? i wont promise anything but I might try something at 1k favs
o shit
Gored
ITS FUCKING HAPPENNINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG (?) maybe
Doguu
Of the two varients I edited my favorite parts in/out of the handsome probox collab:
https://puu.sh/zVZm3/8290ffaf13.osz
show more