forum

[Archived] Important Notice for users on b20171106 / b20171106.5

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
Due to a bad update that went out, there are some users out there stuck on a version of osu! that will never receive updates. Luckily, there is an easy fix:

1. Download the latest installer here.
  2. Run the installer from your downloads folder.

If this doesn't fix your issue (it should), you can also download the installer, rename it to osu!.exe and overwrite your existing osu!.exe in your install folder manually.

IMPORTANT: You should not uninstall, just run the installer! All of your settings and beatmaps will be retained!

These builds will stop working very soon. If you have any questions or require further help, please reply in this thread.
Googl3chrome
but im on mac i cant download this
Topic Starter
peppy
It likely doesn't affect you then
Maboroshi
I just downloaded and install it without uninstalling. I lost every map and settings..
https://puu.sh/yOP6L.png
Topic Starter
peppy
That likely means it installed to a new location. Please locate your old installation and copy the new osu!.exe to it!
Maboroshi

peppy wrote:

That likely means it installed to a new location. Please locate your old installation and copy the new osu!.exe to it!

Thanks!
Bulma Gaymer
Help i need help because mi osu freze in the start,
I only listen to the introduction of background music,
but when I click the image stays stuck, help my osu never stayed stuck and I played more than a year ago

HELP PLEASE I NEED MY OSU :cry:
Some charitable soul to help me pls
Topic Starter
peppy

Bulma Gaymer wrote:

Help i need help because mi osu freze in the start,
I only listen to the introduction of background music,
but when I click the image stays stuck, help my osu never stayed stuck and I played more than a year ago

HELP PLEASE I NEED MY OSU :cry:
Some charitable soul to help me pls

this is not related to this thread. please post in a new thread
razetime
i tried both methods, and now, when I run osu the osu updater keeps looping again and again. Help please.
kigastu

peppy wrote:

It likely doesn't affect you then

I'm on a Mac and updater keeps looping
UtsukoFox
Well i did downloaded the installer and i still keep getting updates nonstop
Topic Starter
peppy

Tanukachan wrote:

Well i did downloaded the installer and i still keep getting updates nonstop

Did you run the installer? Did you try copying the executable manually if that didn't help, as per instructions?
silvershell

peppy wrote:

Hi peppy, when I copied the new osu!.exe to the new folder i got all my settings but the songs were lost, so I moved the songs from the old installation to the new songs folder but they aren't loading. Is there another way to recover the maps?
Sandy Hoey
Once you move the song into the new folder, click f5 ingame to reload the maps. See if that works for you
silvershell

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Once you move the song into the new folder, click f5 ingame to reload the maps. See if that works for you

I can't believe I didn't think of that before but thank you it worked^^^
ThomasSandman

peppy wrote:

Due to a bad update that went out, there are some users out there stuck on a version of osu! that will never receive updates. Luckily, there is an easy fix:

If this doesn't fix your issue (it should), you can also download the installer, rename it to osu!.exe and overwrite your existing osu!.exe in your install folder manually.

IMPORTANT: You should not uninstall, just run the installer! All of your settings and beatmaps will be retained!

These builds will stop working very soon. If you have any questions or require further help, please reply in this thread.
I already download the new installer but is still not working... my scores rarely submi, i have lost a lot of pp because of that. Is like i fc a map and then i check my profile and is like i never played that map :cry:
Ghlous
Precisely I was frustrated since I had not found a solution to this problem, but by chance I found this post. Thanks ppy for everything :D ;)
Ghlous

peppy wrote:

I have a problem

I had completely uninstalled the osu !. Now I install it and load it up to a part where it says: "Downloading discord-rcp.dll" and it loads 100%, the installer closes and reopens saying the same thing again, and so it spends all day repeating the same thing.

I already enter the osu folder! and there is not the file that "discord.rcp.dll"

I would greatly appreciate if you can help me solve this problem :(
Velvet Feather

peppy wrote:

I tried reinstalling the new installer without uninstalling the old one and with uninstalling but it still doesnt work for me. everytime i try to run the installer it just says: An error occured! Please check your internet connection. But my internet is definitely fine so i really dont know how to fix the problem.
Dntm8kmeeatu

Velvet Feather wrote:

I tried reinstalling the new installer without uninstalling the old one and with uninstalling but it still doesnt work for me. everytime i try to run the installer it just says: An error occured! Please check your internet connection. But my internet is definitely fine so i really dont know how to fix the problem.

It's possible you have a different issue, please make a new thread with your update.log
OmarKingBlack
nesesito ayuda intente ambos metodos y aun asi no me funciono que me recomiendan hacer o cuanto tiempo estara asi

me aparece: No se pudo conectar si bancho no esta conectado
_Coppy
what if I removed the OSU and now the installer simply does not work?
pitufo6666lol
At the time I installed it, the version 2015 appears and if I want to change the version it tells me that I have an authentication problem. What can I do in that case? 7n7