forum

Modding Discussion Guide (MV2) (Updated: January 3 2018)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Luel Roseline
@Lanturn

Thx.
peppy
Some others are working on this for you. Once it's up you should be able to easily submit updates (you can use the github website to perform edits)

https://github.com/ppy/osu-wiki/pull/824#issuecomment-342379588
dazzulay
How can i change the description?
https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/662669
-Keitaro
Smol update @Lanturn
If maps already uses v2, the forum thread will now NOT shows reply, instead, it will replaced with a button that redirects to modding v2 panel.
Topic Starter
Lanturn
updated. Been busy most of the week, so the guide isn't in tip top shape. Hopefully it'll suffice for now.
Rukaru
hello, I am currently using fallback and already submitted a map through it. is it possible to change my map thread into modding discussion if I update the map from client latest version?

haven't tried it. my laptop can't handle latest ver very well (read : old laptop).
-Keitaro

Rukaru wrote:

hello, I am currently using fallback and already submitted a map through it. is it possible to change my map thread into modding discussion if I update the map from client latest version?

haven't tried it. my laptop can't handle latest ver very well (read : old laptop).
You can send a forum PM to Ephemeral and ask to change to v2~
Topic Starter
Lanturn
Updated with a tiny bit of Kudosu! info. If anyone knows more info, feel free to post.

Unconfirmed, seems like more votes give more Kudosu!. 1 = 1 2/3 = 2 and like 5 = 3

Cooldown seems to be about an hour for votes.
-Keitaro

Lanturn wrote:

Updated with a tiny bit of Kudosu! info. If anyone knows more info, feel free to post.

Unconfirmed, seems like more votes give more Kudosu!. 1 = 1 2/3 = 2 and like 5 = 3

Cooldown seems to be about an hour for votes.
- Ly0572 -
elloo~ is there any way to see who liked the map in new site? :3

im just curious
kaythen

- Ly0572 - wrote:

im just curious
If you hover your mouse over the hearts, then you can see who favourited the map.
- Ly0572 -

kaythen wrote:

- Ly0572 - wrote:

im just curious
If you hover your mouse over the hearts, then you can see who favourited the map.
Oh lol thanks xD
Kawashiro
I've heard these by MariahCarey

1. Mapper must respond all "Suggestion" and "Problem" posts and check "Resolved" mark to rank his mapset
2. There is no any other way to replace "Bubble Pop" currently
Topic Starter
Lanturn
Thanks Kawashiro, added the info in. Also added a section on Hype, Nomination, and Kudosu, as well as some other things.

What exactly does the Pin do? anyone?
Kawashiro
Modding V2 is changing fast. So here is new informations

1. BN/QAT now can reset nominations by post "Problem"
2. Now it requires 5 hype to rank a map

and I also dont know how does pin works lol
Topic Starter
Lanturn
Thanks Kawashiro. Also you can now use line breaks.
now everything won't be so cluttered anymore!
great stuff
Luel Roseline
Add more new things(?)

Same as old modding system, you can't hype so hype button changes to leave feedback button.

Uh...

That's all.
Topic Starter
Lanturn
Ah right. Pending counts. Looks like the hype limit is set in motion now. And Praise / Hype has been separated into their own buttons.

Updated, thanks Luel. The Graveyard / WiP is pretty self explanatory so I don't feel the need to add it in.
Terton
So why I need any kudosu now if I have hype?
Topic Starter
Lanturn

Terton wrote:

So why I need any kudosu now if I have hype?

Kudosu still might have purpose down the line. It just isn't implemented as of yet.
Kawashiro
For now, everyone can hype a map even if they don't play it
Topic Starter
Lanturn
Will remove it. ty Kawashiro.
Zozimoto
I have a question, if a new map releases about a few weeks ago, but it breaks the ranking criteria by breaking the 5 min drain time rule, and only having 3 min, and 1 diff, it should go to loved, as the community loves the map, then, without kudosu, how will it get into loved? Maybe shift it to 100 Hype? But than it would make kudosu completely worthless. Make it have a kudosu system? But how will it recognize if the map is going for loved? That's my concern, hope i'll get an answer!
Rivals_7

Zozimoto wrote:

I have a question, if a new map releases about a few weeks ago, but it breaks the ranking criteria by breaking the 5 min drain time rule, and only having 3 min, and 1 diff, it should go to loved, as the community loves the map, then, without kudosu, how will it get into loved? Maybe shift it to 100 Hype? But than it would make kudosu completely worthless. Make it have a kudosu system? But how will it recognize if the map is going for loved? That's my concern, hope i'll get an answer!
loved doesnt need kudosu anymore......

https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/662761
Zozimoto

Rivals_7 wrote:

Zozimoto wrote:

loved doesnt need kudosu anymore......

https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/662761
oh shit sorry i'm an idiot
Fuhyo
Thx for the post!!!!

Now I understand it all :3
The-Pro Gamer
How can I get some one to nominate my map or people to see it and at least vote or say what they dont like at the map?
Kawashiro

The-Pro Gamer wrote:

How can I get some one to nominate my map or people to see it and at least vote or say what they dont like at the map?

bn would help u if they arent busy
Zymasis39
Is there any way to use kudosu yet?