forum

My opinion on "Easy Mod"

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Robert40
People say they should make easy a score increasing mod I disagree that would not make it balanced for the other mods instead they should make it a 0.60 to 0.90 score multiplier and the pp should be a bit more since reading low ar is really hard.
worst fl player
ok
KupcaH
And acc'ing low OD is hard too, right?
MiSAkd
oke
pandaBee
ok
E m i

KupcaH wrote:

And acc'ing low OD is hard too, right?
yes for people like me who have "good" and inconsistent acc. most of my 100s are large mistaps, fucking no difference between od7 and od10 to me.
besides it's funny how low od SSes on marathons are underrated by 10000 light years
ManuelOsuPlayer

JoowonPlaysAlt wrote:

People say they should make easy a score increasing mod I disagree that would not make it balanced for the other mods instead they should make it a 0.60 to 0.90 score multiplier and the pp should be a bit more since reading low ar is really hard.
Stop play farm maps, pick any 5* 6-9 mins chose EZ mod and tell me the PP isn't way underweighted. Thank's. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/830322&m=0
SteveEricJordan
-
Endaris

SteveEricJordan wrote:

i don't get it, can someone explain?
On maps of higher difficulty the map becomes extremely cluttered as the approach rate is halved.
This makes it increasingly difficult to see where and when you're supposed to move and click next.

Map without EZ mod:

Map with EZ mod:

As a result the Easy mod increases the difficulty for every player that is not very accustomed to this even though the physical difficulty is actually lower thanks to bigger circles.
N0thingSpecial
Just leave it as a gimmick.
chocomint chan
E m i

Syntax69 wrote:

The mod is nothing more than a meme now, so I wouldn't mind if they got rid of it altogether, nobody really uses it anyways and it's useless.
Fak u maybe if they remove mods completely and just make everything flexibly adjustable then ok.
yuhaii
No need to touch the mod tbh, it actually made things easier for me as a beginner.
The mod is not exactly meant for higher ranked people, but for beginners.
People who can’t aim can play with this mod as well.
Kyrari

Syntax69 wrote:

The mod is nothing more than a meme now, so I wouldn't mind if they got rid of it altogether, nobody really uses it anyways and it's useless.
ur a useless meme

If you're playing EZ in the first place, you wouldn't care about PP being underweighted. EZ getting buffed to around 0.6-0.75 would be nice but anything higher than that would be broken, you're still playing the map with bigger circles and easier OD which frankly makes the map literally easier.

I wonder if EZ will still live on when the game would have variable AR in lazer.
pandaBee

Momiji wrote:

Fak u maybe if they remove mods completely and just make everything flexibly adjustable then ok.
McOsu
E m i

pandaBee wrote:

Momiji wrote:

McOsu
E-exactly, osu outdone by mcosu.
ManuelOsuPlayer

SteveEricJordan wrote:

Low the AR at a map what was made and meant to be played at a higher AR, make the circles stay more time at screen, making the screen imposible to understand in some cases. You need to be really good listening the music and fast reading, or good memory and map knowledge. (one of the things EASY mod does, it's down the AR a lot) At the end you can make some 5* map feels to you like you're playing a 8* or 9* map. SS a map like that after chose EZ mod will bring you really low score (you usually can't get any score of yours at leaderboard due to the score decreasment from EZ mod. Also the PP you get from that it's lower than playing without it.

Endaris wrote:

SteveEricJordan wrote:

On maps of higher difficulty the map becomes extremely cluttered as the approach rate is halved.
This makes it increasingly difficult to see where and when you're supposed to move and click next.

Map without EZ mod:

Map with EZ mod:

As a result the Easy mod increases the difficulty for every player that is not very accustomed to this even though the physical difficulty is actually lower thanks to bigger circles.
Endaris pls... Pick a hardest map after chose EZ to prove your point, not a map what it's easier to SS after pick EZ. '--

Syntax69 wrote:

Lot of players use it including some of the best players at this game. Play the game at least before talk about things you don't know.

Momiji wrote:

maybe if they remove mods completely and just make everything flexibly adjustable then ok.
Not all the players are here to listen anime music, play 4* jump maps, and have fun.

yuhaii- wrote:

No need to touch the mod tbh, it actually made things easier for me as a beginner.
The mod is not exactly meant for higher ranked people, but for beginners.
People who can’t aim can play with this mod as well.
The mod it's made to make easier old mapping style maps easier to play, not also meant to begginers playing 2017 maps.
At nowdays mapping, it's a mod what usually make maps hardest. 1* maps are the same at AR1 or AR11. You can judge the difficult increasement what a mod does by playing it at 1* map or 2* map.
E m i

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Not all the players are here to listen anime music, play 4* jump maps, and have fun.
Ok and how is it related
ManuelOsuPlayer

Momiji wrote:

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Ok and how is it related
EZ make boring maps into a challenge.
Haxwill

Syntax69 wrote:

If you get Osu!supporter and look on "selected mod" leaderboards you will see that a lot of people actually do use Easy mod, in my opinion, it is more useful with DT. Once you play with it for a few days it's easy to get used to it, I often like to play high 6 and 7 star levels with EZ because it often helps with learning to jump, stream and handle the styles that those maps have to offer. It is actually useful once you learn to use it and many people have EZ plays for their top and it is totally doable, especially with DT.

I could probably see why you think that people don't play it, since the only leaderboards you can see are local and worldwide, you usually don't see EZ in leaderboards as much as you see FL scores since you can really only play 1 and 2 star maps. (Also EZ is played by a lot more people than FL). Which, I would support a movement to increase it's score decrease from .50 to .75, since it does require some extra skill that the map may not originally include, that should be taken into count.

Also, just a quick question, you said that EZ is useless and they should take it out, however your scores are filled with SO plays, which arguably the only purpose for it's existence is for memes
Endaris

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Endaris wrote:

SteveEricJordan wrote:

Map without EZ mod:

Map with EZ mod:

Endaris pls... Pick a hardest map after chose EZ to prove your point, not a map what it's easier to SS after pick EZ. '--

Any map is easier to SS after picking EZ thanks to the lowered OD and the lowered physical difficulty.
It is also notorious that EZ looks a lot easier than it is when watching a SS replay as the cursor leads the non-EZ-player through the map. I'd argue that a very high percentage of players capable of FCing that map nomod won't be able to do it with EZ without some prior practice.
Also why wouldn't you let me place some shameless self-advertisement? :^)
0ugi
ez is easy pp
winber1
Windows XP
abraker

Momiji wrote:

just make everything flexibly adjustable
Kondou-Shinichi
as long as you can read ez can everything

0.75x would be quite nice tbh
zeplic
I agree with EZ mod being weighted more in both score and pp , but under one condition- remove the extra lives.

If you lose a life on EZ mod you probably arn't getting a good score anyways- so maybe the removal of the extra lives is extremely irrelevant as they still help learn the map if you're struggling with the low AR and are just looking to push through it.

Actually, maybe just renaming EZ mod to just a sad emoji is probably the best change to be made.
0ugi

zeplic wrote:

I agree with EZ mod being weighted more in both score and pp , but under one condition- remove the extra lives.

If you lose a life on EZ mod you probably arn't getting a good score anyways- so maybe the removal of the extra lives is extremely irrelevant as they still help learn the map if you're struggling with the low AR and are just looking to push through it.

Actually, maybe just renaming EZ mod to just a sad emoji is probably the best change to be made.
NO!!!!!! I WONT BE ABLE TO DO EZDT SHITPASSES THEN
Naven6002

JoowonPlaysAlt wrote:

Eh, In My Opinion. I Find The Ez Mod Ok The Way It Is (But Then Again I Don't Use This Mod Sooo... :? )
-Makishima S-

Syntax69 wrote:

Newbie speaking about mods. Please stahp and play more.

On topic - Just make everything flexible, increasing / decreasing pp income depending on settings.