forum

What have you done lately to better yourself?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Haruto
i usually hang out with my friends every saturday night when i have freetime (or when i have money lol)
i also read some novels when im not hanging out with my friends
Mekaku7
nope lokalizer thats irl related but anyways

what i did? i net business
and training more

and play osu mania 1-2 hours daily how it should be
Reus
Going to bed early and waking up really late...

and a bit of meme and shitposts too
Ashton
Lowered my spd rate to 20ish!
(SHITPOST PER DAYS!)
Night of Terror
Knowledge is money.

Not lately, but over years I have learned coding and now I'm running a successful bitcoin gambling site.
MrMan
Write up a better resumé for a job so I don't have to map circles all day.
felipon2233
Thanks for this topic!

I trying to dedicate more time to the importante people for me.
I take good care of my health.
I decided to focus more on my studies and use my time better.
I try to be more responsible.
I try to enjoy every momment of my life and see how life can be beatiful.
I started to improve my english (srry for the bad english xd) and having more contact with people who speak other languages and thus, making new friends!
I really want to get better and better...
CringyWeabo
I have been eating loots of choclate lately and been working out after if that counts.
E m i
lol HRT
keremaru
well actually, this is a bit less of what i've done to better myself, and more of a realization of what it is i'm doing that should be fixed sooner or later.

so because i like to play online games a bunch (play pokemon mmos, not the shitty ones, and osu), i started to notice that my grades aren't really looking up for the best right now. and at home, i'm starting to lack on my chores, which is supposed to help me "build up responsibility".
i always disregarded what my mom said about "you're going to have to take care of yourself when you grow up" and thought that if i could get good enough at competitive esport games that i could join a team, i'd do it, but i realize that there has to be some sort of a stepping stone for me to achieve that goal. and now that i'm not really focused on trying to play games like league of legends or rocket league, i'm a bit more skeptical to how my future is going to paint itself out. because i'm only 14 years old, i still don't have a good grasp on how my life is going to be in 4 years, or when i graduate. more like "if", at this point.
so i might start playing less games (10 hours or more per day as of right now), and focus more on my education rather than how i'm going to figure out how i would do 6k muscle memories on osu!mania. i might also take myself more seriously, because at this point in my life, i'm only eating lunch most of the days of the week, and i rarely drink water/liquids, and i wake up somewhat earlier than the rest of my family. thinking about how i'm going to do this, i might have to lose some of my online "friends" (quotations because i'm not sure anymore), but i practically died on discord. i didn't want to, but real life called, and i'm contemplating what would have happened if i still could use discord. as i type this, i wonder what could have been if i didn't die on discord, if i, i don't know, didn't leave. now, i didn't leave, technically, but i feel like there's a part of me that's missing, and the part that has an open gap in it is sucking out all the interest that i ever had in any subject that i liked doing, like drawing, or learning hiragana and katakana. and now, i feel like i don't even know myself anymore. i'm practically losing myself when i wake up everyday, waiting for the inevitable end of my online life. someday, and i don't know when, i'm going to lose interest in everything that i found fun, that i found, interesting. and after a few years, i'll be signing papers in some rundown office building, with each phase of my life slowly passing by, mocking me for "what could have been."
now this post sounds more like a sad life story than what i've done to better myself.
Meikyuuiri Tsumi
Started working on my endurance. Also trying to be better at communication.
gnt
play harder maps
-Annie
actually going to my group therapy sessions
Keiger
i've been trying to strengthen myself every school day, in my school's weight room, we call it.
Thirty30
I've been trying to become more social and make new friends and also trying to spend more time outside home
[ Pingu ]
been trying to drink as much water as i can without feeling sick (i feel sick if i drink like half a 300ml bottle but im trying to power through it)
katsumakanjiaru
I find this thread so motivating :)

Well what have i done to better myself is just now im playing guitar more often so i can use my skill to find money with teaching guitars.
I did quit playing guitar like 6 months i believe and starting to re-learn again , playing classical and also reading notes .
Although im not teaching yet , learning guitar is distracting my depression over my life. To be honest, i feel empty and dont know what to with my future , i just see what is in the front of me atm . I'm not like " im going to chase my dream and passion bullsh*t " . Playing guitar might be the only one ( beside osu ) that can make me feel content and not thinking about negative things . I also Sing sometime , even though this voice can make the whole windows cracks lol xD.
And i plan to go on vacation at the start of 2018 , i might need one haha.

That is just for me now. For now.
Rezzco9
just started playing have had a blast pretty much . trying to get more consistent atm and learning different patterns and how to stream consistently etc by using the editor as help. got a long way to go and yeah been hella fun these past 20days definitly wanna keep playing for alot longer ^^. other from that i have lived a normal life pretty much working etc.
twirl_old_1
trying to enjoy the game instead of farming for pp, yknow
himiken
osu-wise, playing at least 1 beatmap pack per day. I have been practicing a lot of 4-5 star maps and frankly, I'm getting good at them especially jump maps.

IRL? Well, instead of going for chocolate as dessert, I ate it for dinner! Hooray!
Scioness

keremal wrote:

well actually, this is a bit less of what i've done to better myself, and more of a realization of what it is i'm doing that should be fixed sooner or later.

so because i like to play online games a bunch (play pokemon mmos, not the shitty ones, and osu), i started to notice that my grades aren't really looking up for the best right now. and at home, i'm starting to lack on my chores, which is supposed to help me "build up responsibility".
i always disregarded what my mom said about "you're going to have to take care of yourself when you grow up" and thought that if i could get good enough at competitive esport games that i could join a team, i'd do it, but i realize that there has to be some sort of a stepping stone for me to achieve that goal. and now that i'm not really focused on trying to play games like league of legends or rocket league, i'm a bit more skeptical to how my future is going to paint itself out. because i'm only 14 years old, i still don't have a good grasp on how my life is going to be in 4 years, or when i graduate. more like "if", at this point.
so i might start playing less games (10 hours or more per day as of right now), and focus more on my education rather than how i'm going to figure out how i would do 6k muscle memories on osu!mania. i might also take myself more seriously, because at this point in my life, i'm only eating lunch most of the days of the week, and i rarely drink water/liquids, and i wake up somewhat earlier than the rest of my family. thinking about how i'm going to do this, i might have to lose some of my online "friends" (quotations because i'm not sure anymore), but i practically died on discord. i didn't want to, but real life called, and i'm contemplating what would have happened if i still could use discord. as i type this, i wonder what could have been if i didn't die on discord, if i, i don't know, didn't leave. now, i didn't leave, technically, but i feel like there's a part of me that's missing, and the part that has an open gap in it is sucking out all the interest that i ever had in any subject that i liked doing, like drawing, or learning hiragana and katakana. and now, i feel like i don't even know myself anymore. i'm practically losing myself when i wake up everyday, waiting for the inevitable end of my online life. someday, and i don't know when, i'm going to lose interest in everything that i found fun, that i found, interesting. and after a few years, i'll be signing papers in some rundown office building, with each phase of my life slowly passing by, mocking me for "what could have been."
now this post sounds more like a sad life story than what i've done to better myself.

I've actually contemplated this myself for a while, and I genuinely feel for you. I know that, as a 13-year-old myself, it's hard to come to terms with a future devoid of meaning, devoid of interest, and devoid of hope. I have always had a false sense of security concerning adulthood; I had people reassuring me that I could still pick up hobbies and that I didn't have to let my childhood die. But it's hard for me to imagine finding any time for anything else when I stopped to picture it. This overall gave me a bleak point of view until about a week ago.

I was getting a haircut over the winter break when the stylist paused to say hi to one of her co-worker's sons. When she returned to me, she told me: "What a spoiled kid. That's not always a bad thing, though. He'll only get one childhood, so a little bit of spoiling is okay." That really opened my eyes as to how fortunate of a time adolescence and young adulthood is. We have the freedoms to explore interests, learn new things, and not have to worry so much. That's why, as something I want to do to better myself, I want to take more risks. I want to live more of my young life involved and active. Who knows, maybe one of my interests will carry me through my life.
Husa
I eat Boiled eggs and play Taeyang Square/Jump/Farm/Tech maps to better myself and adjust tablet area bigger for more consistent in aiming and play dragonforce for stamina/stream and dt = Husa
Kishuya
What I've done to better my self... well to be frankly honest, nothing, my life has been a shit hole since I was 7, ever since then I've been going to see many doctors and other people. Most days I come home from a shit day at school, lock my self in my room, play osu and some other games (Usually RPGs and MMOs) Because of my past, I'm not to trusted with freedom inside my school or the choices I make there as of an attempt I did to well extract my self a few years ago. It's not like I want to stay in school, get GCSE's ETC and move on to work a boring life waltzing around on train platforms, getting on the train causally just to go to work, do work, come back home, sleep; or any bull shit like that (and no, I can't live the life that I want). When it comes to online gaming, that's usually the only place that I feel safe/fit in... for about 8 years now of my life I've been depressed and honestly empty. My problem isn't to do with a falling out with a girl or, losing money or having a really bad family, unlike most problems surrounding depression, my one has no sollution, no end, no relief (No it's not fucking autism or ADHD), and that's why... I haven't and will never be able to do anything to better my self; my only plans are to grow up until I'm 30 maybe then die, that's about all I have planned for life.
Kibbleru

KuroTX wrote:

What I've done to better my self... well to be frankly honest, nothing, my life has been a shit hole since I was 7, ever since then I've been going to see many doctors and other people. Most days I come home from a shit day at school, lock my self in my room, play osu and some other games (Usually RPGs and MMOs) Because of my past, I'm not to trusted with freedom inside my school or the choices I make there as of an attempt I did to well extract my self a few years ago. It's not like I want to stay in school, get GCSE's ETC and move on to work a boring life waltzing around on train platforms, getting on the train causally just to go to work, do work, come back home, sleep; or any bull shit like that (and no, I can't live the life that I want). When it comes to online gaming, that's usually the only place that I feel safe/fit in... for about 8 years now of my life I've been depressed and honestly empty. My problem isn't to do with a falling out with a girl or, losing money or having a really bad family, unlike most problems surrounding depression, my one has no sollution, no end, no relief (No it's not fucking autism or ADHD), and that's why... I haven't and will never be able to do anything to better my self; my only plans are to grow up until I'm 30 maybe then die, that's about all I have planned for life.
thats depressing as fuck dude :(
uwuKia
I passed the last few weeks of my life by just doing whatever I had in mind, it seems nice, but for me it's the most boring life I've ever had. I would straight up do nothing for a day, would close and open random sites and apps and that's about it.

What I decided to do was schedule my entire days, so that every activity I'd have would be in the schedule and I forced myself to not escape from it.

That actually worked, in the last days I studied for my big test coming up and a bunch of stuff that I always had interest in, like music theory and languages.
I don't know how much time it will last but I'd definetly recommend it to anyone having the same issue.
TuuXA

KuroTX wrote:

Hope you get better dude. Really, just talking about the issues you have I feel is doing something to better yourself, so don't be so hard on yourself.
-REV-
Started 2 small clothing businesses and joined a gym gotta keep that BELLY at bay hahaha hope all of you are well
zukakage
Get Grounded by Councelor in school.
-REV-

zukakage wrote:

Get Grounded by Councelor in school.

+1
Calamari
been eating healthier, ever since last year i've been cutting down the amount of sugary and fatty foods i eat/drink
this year i want to start exercising and building up some muscle
Goseuti
I started going to the gym, despite it being pretty expensive- with this I've started to drink more water and think more about what I eat.

I've gotten better at spreading my money on more reasonable things.

I think I'm becoming pretty adult...
Andreww
kept myself alive
Jordan
Eating 10k calories a day

YOU HAVE TO LIVE IT
E m i

Jordan wrote:

Eating 10k calories a day

YOU HAVE TO LIVE IT
what was your highest ever? mine was 11000 2 times
Eurocat
play osu over 7 hours a day

its a way of life
Li77L3
Im wanting to improve my voice to start getting into voice acting. So I started by quitting on consuming Carbonated Drinks and caffeine altogether. I soon realized I couldn't handle it (-_-). So instead I'm only limiting myself to an occasional carbonated drink and one caffeinated drink a month. I can confirm my voice is a lot more clear now than it ever was.
Pozy
play games less frequently
Eurocat
thats not an improvement pozy !!
yungspirit_old
I am motivating myself to become a hard worker and finish my school.
Puri_old_1
Finding a job and learning to be independent from my parents.
show more