forum

[Archived] Issues with OS X/Mac Release/Build

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mazhaa
When I launch it there is the image of the logo osu! which is displayed but the game does not run
xKozumo

EkisupandoDongu wrote:

I've been trying to open Osu! but I can't seem to...
I open the app and then it freezes at Wineskin and gives me a blank "Oh no!" screen, it stays frozen like that until I force quit it.
I tried updating Wine and installed the newest version of the program through Winery (as suggested in an old bug error post), so I'm using WS9Wine1.2.9 right now; it still won't open. I'm at a loss because it was working completely fine up until 2 weeks ago, I didn't download anything new so I'm really confused about why my app won't work... Any help is appreciated!
Jeni-Desu

CosmoDerps wrote:

EkisupandoDongu wrote:

I've been trying to open Osu! but I can't seem to...
I open the app and then it freezes at Wineskin and gives me a blank "Oh no!" screen, it stays frozen like that until I force quit it.
I tried updating Wine and installed the newest version of the program through Winery (as suggested in an old bug error post), so I'm using WS9Wine1.2.9 right now; it still won't open. I'm at a loss because it was working completely fine up until 2 weeks ago, I didn't download anything new so I'm really confused about why my app won't work... Any help is appreciated!

Try updating the engine and tick Use Mac Driver and Use Direct3D Boost in Set Screen Options
MarcusD_old

Nakano Yuko wrote:

terminal doesnt find osu when i use wine osu\!.exe even though i have osu and did all the previous steps thonk
did you change to the game's directory before?

if you're lazy then just drag the folder icon on Terminal icon and it should open a new window already chdir'd to the osu directory

or you can type cd and a space, then drag the osu! folder *in* the Terminal and press enter, and then wine osu\!.exe
Galaxy Hopper
When I drag a .osz file into Osu! nothing happens. Also I cant move the game to my applications folder after I updated from a previous version It wont start up. please help! :o
-glug-
i think you are going to need to port osu! on a different windows exe emulator thingy (god damn i hate being 14 :o :o )
DarkBlueKitten

Mariokart8er wrote:

When I drag a .osz file into Osu! nothing happens. Also, I cant move the game to my applications folder after I updated from a previous version It won't start up. please help! :o

If you're not able to drag the osz file to osu! you can do the following, go in general and open ''open osu! folder'', you'll get a window with a few folders and all, go to:

My Computer > (C:) > osu! > songs

When you get to the songs folder, simply drag the osz file to the folder and get back to the game and press F5
Jeni-Desu

DarkBlueKitten wrote:

If you're not able to drag the osz file to osu! you can do the following, go in general and open ''open osu! folder'', you'll get a window with a few folders and all, go to:

My Computer > (C:) > osu! > songs

When you get to the songs folder, simply drag the osz file to the folder and get back to the game and press F5
Or right-click it, open with > osu!
DarkBlueKitten

I don't have it?
erased self

MarcusD wrote:

Nakano Yuko wrote:

terminal doesnt find osu when i use wine osu\!.exe even though i have osu and did all the previous steps thonk
did you change to the game's directory before?

if you're lazy then just drag the folder icon on Terminal icon and it should open a new window already chdir'd to the osu directory

or you can type cd and a space, then drag the osu! folder *in* the Terminal and press enter, and then wine osu\!.exe
lol i still get this message
wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\osu!.exe"
with a bunch of stuff above, can i get like an exact walkthrough of what i need to do lol im confused
_Niichan

VeilStar wrote:

• Information.

• This thread is for confirmable or confirmed bugs with only the OS X version of osu!.
  • Known issues.

1. When using fullscreen and switching window (by clicking a link in chat for example) you get stuck on a black screen.
  2. Certain fonts are missing or not rendering, causing missing icons in the main menu, and squares for asian languages, for example.
  3. Other monitors are black when osu! is in fullscreen on a setup with multiple monitors.
I'm using a Mac and It works well
just when I'm trying to update osu!, you can't open it and a message appear to say "unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application"
and you need to reinstall osu!
FireFlashing
I downloaded the beta version for mac OsX. Apart from all the problems other users found out, I find really disturbing the fact that I can’t update my version at all: it’s still stuck on a 2015 update, which I think was the one included in the intallation. If anyone knows how to update, just let me know, thanks.
Jeni-Desu
wantingcherry
The left click binding will always take some time before it is detected as a click in game making it hard to use because it greatly affects the game play. I've tried binding it with other keys and it lags too.
bro
For some reason when I download new beatmaps and hit f5 or open with osu, osu gets stuck on checking for new songs and have to force quit out of osu. I'm on the stable 2015 release and haven't had this problem before when downloading 10000+ beatmaps
isgl
uhm i updated osu and now it ays that wine skin can't find a runtime compatible with osu...can i get some help
sparshie
Running the October 2015 release of osu! on my Macbook Pro Retina (Early 2015), macOS Sierra. My game has run fine for the past 3 months, but today it froze when I tried opening leaderboards for a beatmap, and wouldn't launch. I had to reinstall, and once I replaced the Skins/Replays/Data/Exports/Songs folders, it worked. I found I could modify all my settings and my skins would load up fine.

However, the game froze when I tried to go to the beatmap selection menu through either Multi or Solo menu or when I clicked the "Repair Folder Permissions" button. The game reads the song files for sure; I can play different songs using the keyboard shortcuts from the menu. I just can't play because the beatmap selection menu doesn't load. I don't know how to reproduce the problem :(

Sorry for the trouble!
kmantheaxten

EkisupandoDongu wrote:

Okay, just downloaded new version (April 2016) for Mac OSx and now I don't even get an error screen! I downloaded XQuartz as per instructed on the build release, and then downloaded Osu! only to find when I open it, I get a patching screen, a DDE failure message (not sure what that means) and then...nothing. I closed, reopened, redownloaded this build several times. Nothing. Not sure what's wrong. Really wish Osu! would work, been out of it for about 3 months now :(
Bakuretsue
My mac doesn't run Osu, I tried multiple versions, downloaded XQuartz to test the "Stable" Alpha version but my mac just doesn't seem to be able to run. I also tried peppys beta version which used to run properly till I got this error message saying there's something wrong with "X11" or something. So, I just want to know how I get osu to work for my mac
TMrex

isgl wrote:

uhm i updated osu and now it ays that wine skin can't find a runtime compatible with osu...can i get some help
I have the same problem
KawaiiManu-Chan
My computer just updated to Mac OS High Sierra and the game seems to cant be opened, I have tryed to install all of the versions that the website has for macos x users, and none of em are working, im just wondering if this is an app compatibility with the os or its just osu! isnt working for mac anymore.

Also I would like to know if there will be a new update to mac os users since the last one was on 2016 and it had bothering bugs.

SPOILER
btw, if you update the osu 2016 version always will end with you, having to reinstall the game, just saying.
Death

idcare wrote:

My computer just updated to Mac OS High Sierra and the game seems to cant be opened, I have tryed to install all of the versions that the website has for macos x users, and none of em are working, im just wondering if this is an app compatibility with the os or its just osu! isnt working for mac anymore.

Also I would like to know if there will be a new update to mac os users since the last one was on 2016 and it had bothering bugs.

SPOILER
btw, if you update the osu 2016 version always will end with you, having to reinstall the game, just saying.

There most likely will not be an update to any Mac version of osu! because Lazer is in the works and it will run natively on mac.

High Sierra seemed to create a few issues with Wine causing osu! to not be able to run.

There was a video linked in this thread earlier: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lT8om-2kfE&lc=z22vgnxrfprfi1dmwacdp431se0lbdpnsq4c4m1p0pdw03c010c.1511707403942533

Here is one thread with a workaround: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/674204

There are also solutions in this thread: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/647547
isgl
my su thrashed one day and it couldn't find a run time so i reinstalled only to find that the updater trying to get discord-rcp(or something).dll but gets stuck in a loop :/
Lmae
Okay so every time i try to play OSU! it says that it needs to update. and after the update it says that Osu! has crashed. when i click retry it gets stuck in a update loop. this has never happened to me before.
aroS
same here. stuck on update loop. seems like osu on mac is rip until lazer comes out and thats gonna be a while -_-
Ghlous

isgl wrote:

my su thrashed one day and it couldn't find a run time so i reinstalled only to find that the updater trying to get discord-rcp(or something).dll but gets stuck in a loop :/
i have that problem too. I'd like to know how can i fix it :cry:
derpnekochan
For me, Osu! crashes on certain maps at consistently specific times and sometimes with odd requirements. For example, one of my maps crashes, but only after I retry it. Sometimes it doesn't crash, but it freezes for half a second, which often results in an error showing up in the bottom left.

Edit: I have tried redownloading these maps, but to no avail.
OsuHerRhythm
Starting OSU with the fullscreen mode on causes it to only start in the far left corner, everything else is black.
WholeFitDeclan
I have Fallback release before alpha and I accidentally clicked the verification button that popped up in bottom right and gave me black screen. Any help? :cry: :cry: :cry:
GDTerraX

VeilStar wrote:

• Information.

• This thread is for confirmable or confirmed bugs with only the OS X version of osu!.
  • Known issues.

1. When using fullscreen and switching window (by clicking a link in chat for example) you get stuck on a black screen.
  2. Certain fonts are missing or not rendering, causing missing icons in the main menu, and squares for asian languages, for example.
  3. Other monitors are black when osu! is in fullscreen on a setup with multiple monitors.
Another issue is found: When I try Updating Osu!, It loops the Update and It doesn't really work. It just loops.
Another issue is also found: I can't switch to cutting edge.
Vauvu
XP pen G430 tablet not working for me. The tablet works fine outside of
osu!, but once I enter the game and try to use my tablet, it registers the initial reading but then the cursor drifts to the top left of the monitor. Any help would be appreciated. :o :)
NathanGt
I tried redowloading several times Osu but since a month now I can't open it without going trough an update loop, literally can't play I use xquartz.7.11

well sh*t
Sidonthegreat
Hi every one!
Since this morning (like 2 am form France), after a violent crash, Osu! run but with no image... i've got just a white screen :/
Wig13

NathanGt wrote:

I tried redowloading several times Osu but since a month now I can't open it without going trough an update loop, literally can't play I use xquartz.7.11

well sh*t
same :cry:
SMJLeo
I am using a Wacom Graphire3 - everytime I try to increase the sensitivity, the cursor turns into absolute chaos. Below is a recording.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UMHH-hh8e4KmY0VGd7Vte0ilX2iRmQDj

The part that goes haywire is when I'm using my tablet, part that isn't is when I'm using a mouse.

I tried raw input, but when I rapidly move the pen, the whole thing shifts - I'm not sure how to describe it

Any help?
Sidonthegreat

SMJLeo wrote:

I am using a Wacom Graphire3 - everytime I try to increase the sensitivity, the cursor turns into absolute chaos. Below is a recording.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UMHH-hh8e4KmY0VGd7Vte0ilX2iRmQDj

The part that goes haywire is when I'm using my tablet, part that isn't is when I'm using a mouse.

I tried raw input, but when I rapidly move the pen, the whole thing shifts - I'm not sure how to describe it

Any help?
I have the same issue on my old Wacom Bamboo, but i think it's volunteer. Playing on a tablet is more easy (for me) and we are more accurate with a pen, so if you can increase the sensitive it would be less fun :/
DJ Enetro
As of this date, was using Stable version.

Attempted to auto-update (from in-game), and now I get this:

XQuartz 2.7.7 downloaded - Still does not work.

.net Core Runtime 2.0.6 downloaded (from Microsoft) - not yet.

Then I realized I had the zip file. Re-extracted osu! from zip file, seemed to work for the time being...

Ideally, auto-update should not bring up the error message mentioned above.

Update May 8:
Well okay. The error message comes up whenever I try to update osu via the "click here to restart now!" button ingame. I have the zip file and a bit of backup skin/BM files. :thonk:

Update May 10
Updating with the "run osu!updater" in options works fine. So it's just the way above that is faulty.
kai99
i get random fps drops (usually stays on 120, but sometimes drops to 11 or lower) and massive lags at times which makes it really annoying esp when fcing something. does this happen to someone else as well?