forum

osu! modder list - 2017/2018

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pachiru
Hello there!

Cerulean Veyron and myself have created a list, where all osu!modders of 2017/2018 that wish to be listed into a sheet can be added. This list regroups every modes: osu!std, osu!catch, osu!taiko & osu!mania

In order to join the list, you will be asked to fill a form, so we could directly add you to the list. We decided to make this since some people might not want to be added in that list, so, by using a form, we will have a list with consent people only.

Keep in mind that there are few requirements, those are set to ensure a minimum of activity from the modders.
  1. Be sure that you're active from the game mode you're applying for. It's obvious, but it's very important to pay attention to this.
  2. You should have at least some basic experience in modding. We don't ask you to be a professional mapper, but having some basic knowledge to make an helpful mod.
  3. Your account must be in good standing. If you're restricted, you cannot join this list. However, if you got unrestricted and you want to be added to the list, you can make a request!
  4. Don't meme here. This list is made to inform, not to do ridiculous things with.

The main objective of this list is to assist the new mappers (also the experienced ones) so they can find modders for improving their maps

If you want to help us into that project, feel free to PM me, it's always a pleasure to work in team!

> form <

> osu! modder list <
LowAccuracySS
two of the judges of my contest team up to make something really cool 🤔

gl guys!
Topic Starter
Pachiru
We will do our best to maintain this sheet so it can be the most useful. I hope it will have more applicants into Mania/CTB/Taiko modes!

Thanks for your comment Space :3
Midnaait

Pachiru wrote:

1. Don't meme here. This list is made to inform, not to do ridiculous things with.

Rude :^(
HappyRocket88
Really nice initiative! :D

Just got a few questions regarding your main post Pachiru, what is it to have "basic experience in modding"? Knowing how to suggest a blanket or saying NC here or there is enough to apply?

Will it have a kind of filter so you know who are actually "active" in the mod they're applying? Like one can be active now but later can't mod for around one month or so and will remain in the list?

How specifically do you guys plan to approach new mappers with this list? For example, is it aimed to be a list where new mappers go and ask modders through the list or will it be in a server so they can interact and learn new things about modding/mapping?

sorry just random ideas xd

good luck and thanks for doing this!
Topic Starter
Pachiru
Hello there HappyRocket! Thanks for your attention to the project! I'll try to answer your questions, and I'll do my best to make understandable answers~

HappyRocket88 wrote:

Just got a few questions regarding your main post Pachiru, what is it to have "basic experience in modding"? Knowing how to suggest a blanket or saying NC here or there is enough to apply?
Yeah, I agree that this point isn't really precise. While I was writing this, I wanted to mean that someone who is able to provide a decent mod, is allowed to join. So as long as it can improve the map, it's okay!

HappyRocket88 wrote:

Will it have a kind of filter so you know who are actually "active" in the mod they're applying? Like one can be active now but later can't mod for around one month or so and will remain in the list?
Actually, I'm thinking about something that I'll explain in the last point, cause it will be kinda connected with it.

HappyRocket88 wrote:

How specifically do you guys plan to approach new mappers with this list? For example, is it aimed to be a list where new mappers go and ask modders through the list or will it be in a server so they can interact and learn new things about modding/mapping?
So! I actually planned to make a small website, where it will list every modders. Each modder will have a special profile. I think that it will be more intuitive, and more "pro" for new players that are in a need of modders. Also by making this list, I'll try to make something that will track the activity of the modder, so it will be easier for the mapper to seek active modders. Actually it's just in my mind, but I'm going to start this project asap!

Hope I answer properly to your questions!

Have a good day :)
pkhg

sergio isnt bn anymore iirc
and i think that would be cool to have something like additional skills like if someone is good at timing songs or specially good when it comes to hitsounding and stuff
Topic Starter
Pachiru

pkhg wrote:

sergio isnt bn anymore iirc
and i think that would be cool to have something like additional skills like if someone is good at timing songs or specially good when it comes to hitsounding and stuff
Indeed, I'll fix that ;)

And yeah the idea of additional skills is very interesting!
Kurisu Makise
Can i re-apply if i messed up with preferences? :c
I left too long messages there, no one will read them D:
Topic Starter
Pachiru

Kivicat wrote:

Can i re-apply if i messed up with preferences? :c
I left too long messages there, no one will read them D:
If you have changes, you can send me a PM with the things you wanna change, and I'll fix them for you! :)
Joe Castle
Hopefully im in :P
Shohei Ohtani
wow this list actually doesn't suck.

Mad props. I tried doing something like this a while ago but yeah lmao.

Idk if there's any way to ensure that people are ACTIVE, but I'll probably consider utilizing this form now on.
Topic Starter
Pachiru

CDFA wrote:

Idk if there's any way to ensure that people are ACTIVE, but I'll probably consider utilizing this form now on.
I agree with the fact that we don't really know if modders who are on the list are still active or not. I'll find something to give a proper indication about modding activity when I will make a small website for it. I'm glad it can help you tho :)
Peter
Wish i was a good mooder
are there kudosu requirements?
Wriothesley
Super cool idea, but this is really out of date.

- Frontier - no longer BN, Mir QAT, -Mo- QAT, Sotarks no longer BN... I'm not gonna continue, these are just a few that stood out on first glance.

I also signed up but if you could add "loli voice" to my dislikes would be appreciated.

If you need someone to update the list, I might be able to do it when I have time, DM me
WangleLine
Uhh... What's with the list? ^^ :D