forum

Tablet Playstyles

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
XpORPID
I started playing osu! with a tablet a week ago and I just can't find a playstyle (active area + grip) that works. I always have a problem of either not being able to reach bottom right corner with bigger areas or not having any control on smaller active areas. I find most grips equally comfortable and I only hover. I am interested in your active area, height of pen grip and position of arm relative to where the tablet active area is and please don't say: "Just play with what feels comfortable for you!" beacuse playing with something comfortable doesn't really sudenly let me reach that corner and I can get comfortable with many things.
pandaBee

I slide my wrist around on the tablet. For cross screen jumps its exclusively wrist movement, everything else is usually a combination of wrist and fingers. I play TapX
Yurumo

pandaBee wrote:

I slide my wrist around on the tablet. For cross screen jumps its exclusively wrist movement, everything else is usually a combination of wrist and fingers. I play TapX
You have a very sexy hand.

On a more related note:

My grip is just a normal pen grip with my pinky extended out.
Solarys
Akanagi

pandaBee wrote:

Everyone using a tripod grip. ><
tfw forever stuck with a four-finger grip.

You could try a medium sized area where you use your forearm to arm instead of the wrist and don't have to contract the wrist as much to reach the bottom right corner, also not squeezing the hell out of your pen helps a lot. Try a gentle grip and make sure to use FixmyPen, a good driver (w10 > all) and then it's just a matter of getting used to your area and the way you aim.
pandaBee

Rayne wrote:

What does a four finger grip even look like?
I just hold the pen like I would normally hold a pencil.
Akanagi

pandaBee wrote:

Rayne wrote:

What does a four finger grip even look like?
I just hold the pen like I would normally hold a pencil.

Well, for some people four-finger grip is the normal way to hold a pencil. Apparently it's one of the most common grips used after the tripod one.
They still tried to change my grip back in elementary school. D:

Lateral Quadrupod = my grip
xnubbeh

Solarys wrote:

https://imgur.com/a/nwZsV
here you go
Dude how do you get your drivers to work I have the same tablet and it never works :O
Solarys

Nubby wrote:

Solarys wrote:

https://imgur.com/a/nwZsV
here you go
Dude how do you get your drivers to work I have the same tablet and it never works :O
driver version?