forum

pp trade

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
isgl
i want to have a kind of trade system witch you can use to first trade pp (witch will not affect rank so does only gained pp) to other player or trade them for lest say 1h of supporter or skip 3sec of a song for example. that last one may be op so many if there where something like that it would lower score by a bit.

just an idea :D

ps. addicted to osu and plz help me and I'm new to forums so yeah

edit: yes pp are performance points but this is an idea and the examples there are a little op but that what i could think of :I
Asaiga
: D
Sandy Hoey
pp is not currency
xenonius
it's performance points, not osu!coins
Adri
Huh are you serious about this x)
Topic Starter
isgl

xenonius wrote:

it's performance points, not osu!coins
i know but its an idea thay are no coins
Topic Starter
isgl

Adri wrote:

Huh are you serious about this x)
idk
Nanachii
pp is supposedly a way to measure skill
if you could trade pp then pp would be pointless lmao
Endaris
I demand this for April fools.
Kondou-Shinichi

Endaris wrote:

I demand this for April fools.
yep
-Makishima S-

kotnana3131 wrote:

Right now pp is worth shit, it doesn't show your skill at all.
Thanks to monstrata and c.o. for this.

PP can be now trading currency.
Vuelo Eluko

[Taiga] wrote:

kotnana3131 wrote:

Right now pp is worth shit, it doesn't show your skill at all.
check out https://syrin.me/pp+/ and see that most people are almost the same rank as they are on the official system, your pp on ppv2 is within 100 of your pp there, mine is about 400 off, and you have to look at outliers like jesse to see a big difference but speaking in a general sense, the more you farmed ppv2 the more accurate ppv2 will be to your skill level.

I think the bigger disparity is not in the different amounts of pp people have but in accuracy, take 2 people with 5000 pp, one with 99.5% acc and the other with 94% acc, and i'll bet dollars to donuts the 94% acc player is significantly more skilled in terms of aim, reading, speed, the level of difficulty he can comfortably play, etc. Acc becomes incomparable because they are playing on different tiers of difficulty, but pp can't reflect that.

Take 2 players with similar acc % and PP and they will, almost invariably, be similarly skilled, because if one was significantly more skilled they would have more high pp low acc scores from being a better player and also not being a farming scrub. 'doesn't show your skill at all.' just isn't true
-Makishima S-
check out https://syrin.me/pp+/
"most people" + "almost" + "pp+" which is pretty much fun made algorithm.
pp+ doesn't solve actual problem with 30s maps giving bazilion of pp and marathon maps giving jack shit, it doesn;t solve problem that 90% daidai with hddt is worth more than for example Halozy - Paranoid Lost (single diff map) at 99%.

As far as any algorithm will focus on "combo over accuracy" and "big jumps over pattern complexity", pp will never show any skill in a RHYTHM GAME.

Right now osu is just another 2D circle clicker, shooter with custom music and pp could be a tradeable goodie.

Enough with offtop from my side. Thanks for a chance to point out that osu is not a rhythm game (which can be proven in countless examples).
Vuelo Eluko

[Taiga] wrote:

check out https://syrin.me/pp+/
"most people" + "almost" + "pp+" which is pretty much fun made algorithm.
pp+ doesn't solve actual problem with 30s maps giving bazilion of pp and marathon maps giving jack shit, it doesn;t solve problem that 90% daidai with hddt is worth more than for example Halozy - Paranoid Lost (single diff map) at 99%.

As far as any algorithm will focus on "combo over accuracy" and "big jumps over pattern complexity", pp will never show any skill in a RHYTHM GAME.

Right now osu is just another 2D circle clicker, shooter with custom music and pp could be a tradeable goodie.

Enough with offtop from my side. Thanks for a chance to point out that osu is not a rhythm game (which can be proven in countless examples).
it is still an even playing field, everyone has access to the same maps. People forget all too soon how bad ppv1 was and how much better ppv2 is at gauging ability for 99% of players
abraker
how about having a player challenge system where you bet osu!coins. Your winnings will allow you to buy out your priority in modding queues

This will be a totally robust system where nothing bad can possibly go wrong
-Cappuchino-
Please don't turn pp into osu!coins