forum

Why do I keep choking?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KingKandy
Im dying here, why cant I stop choking at every single beatmap. I get great accuracy though :<
https://youtu.be/e0NRl3hn4Wc
Sandy Hoey
Are you sticking something down your throat and evoking a gag reflex. Probably should stop doing that :thinking:

Otherwise, it just comes down to experience. You have to get used to the pressure that you start to feel when you know that you are doing well. It takes time, and it something that never completely goes away
jungjushee
Trust me, when I first starting getting close to FCing higher 3* and 4* maps, I would start to get really nervous and my hand would be shaking a bit. You pretty much have to get used to pressure and focus even more at the end. Once you get that down, you'll probably stop choking as much. Its a satisfying feeling when you've choked on a 4* maps 20 times but then finally get it.
Topic Starter
KingKandy

chase55t wrote:

Trust me, when I first starting getting close to FCing higher 3* and 4* maps, I would start to get really nervous and my hand would be shaking a bit. You pretty much have to get used to pressure and focus even more at the end. Once you get that down, you'll probably stop choking as much. Its a satisfying feeling when you've choked on a 4* maps 20 times but then finally get it.
I dont feel nervous though, I just move my mouse just a little too close or too far. Sometimes I accidentally flick when I didnt mean to as well.
At least I dont think I feel nervous about it, that is why it is frustrating me :(
N0thingSpecial
Cause you’re playing something that’s hard

I choked two 400 pp score, do you honestly think I’m good enough for it? Maybe when I’m playing at my peak but general consistency is not enough tor setting 400 pp scores, same applies to you
pandaBee
Have you tried lube?
N0thingSpecial

pandaBee wrote:

Have you tried lube?
Nope but I tried WD-40
bigfeh
If you choke consistently enough, there’s a point where that’s not choking anymore, it’s just the fact that you’re bad showing

You can’t choke too often and call it choking otherwise you’d die because you gotta breathe every once in a while
pandaBee
Not if you're a Jellyfish.
ManuelOsuPlayer
-First miss. You watch the stream pattern and mash over it. Losing 100% rhythm control, reading, finger control, and cursor awareness.
Due to this, you miss next pattern after the stream.

Try to learn to read streams replaying them when you don't do them perfectly until understand how to read.

-Next 2 or 3 misses are due to don't put your eyes at circles/know exactly where they are. Or due to don't have coordination.

Play easier maps and you don't need to force it. Keep trying.

-Next row of misses is due to try to tap the music after listen to it. And trying to match the hitsounds to the music. You only understand how to tap by rhythm that section. All the song you was not understanding the rhythm at all.

Try to be aware of rhythm while playing. It can be really helpfull.

-Next miss at slidder underaiming it it's due to overfocus at the circle before or get to used to follow the follow points without pay attention to the circles itself.

Ignore follow points or build better muscle memory around them playing 1* 2* songs.

You should be able to undestand some of your misses by watching your own replay, or being aware about wtf you're doing while playing.
Shoy
That's kinda the mistakes we found in every player around our level anyway.

Don't put our eyes exactly where the circle are, forgetting to press a key while being at the good spot at the good moment, sliderbreaks if they're longer than a single going and coming.

It's pretty much some bad "habits" we'll be able to delete by playing different types of maps.

Seen we're around the same level, I tried to played the same beatmap, you'll find some mistakes that are pretty much the same.

https://streamable.com/8qhbp

1st break : I'm pressing at the wrong spot.
2nd break : I'm not the pressing the key while my cursor is at the good place and at the good timing.
3rd break : Sliderbreak, cause I rushed the next hit too early.

It's not about choking or something, and that's the same for you too I guess, it's just about being able to read more, understand some patterns more, and react in a better way, instead of panic after a break and miss few others hits after for free.