forum

Collectable name tags

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1,062
show more
Vahukomm_old
I was just giving examples. I agree on the term that people should be able to add the pictures themselves. I think peppy even mentioned having that for supporters in some osu!talk. The only reason I brought up the option for them not to is that I dont know how peppy would like out of the border effects like on the OP.
Bara-

Transformau5 wrote:

4000 posts? Right, let's shitpost everywhere because we need that panel \o/
You can also do 4000 useful posts like me :P

Gadrin, your avatar is cute

Back to topic, I like this in the fact you need to collect them, makes playing more rewarding
Frim4503
it's just 2 days ago
but look at how many stars here :) :) :)

i hope i have supporter :(
Meadow Star
First collectible would be the beginner name tag. Everyone should get that one easily. :)
abraker

silmarilen wrote:

i prefer something that shows of something you have done infinitely more times over just importing a picture from your pc, even if it means less different kind of user panels. there can even be super special things like "pass unforgiving with halftime" or "get an EZ fc on a 6+ star map" or something so they will be rare and people know you have done something special.
I think you want more achievements to be added to the game. Just by looking at your achievements, you have quite a bunch unlocked. If anything, I think osu! needs to update its achievement list in that case. As for this request, I'm against limiting to some preset tags. Trust me, they will get boring in due time.
Topic Starter
gadrin
My idea was to have more than achievements, to have collectibles that you can feel value towards. While you could get the collectibles for achievements yes, they would in general be more than that. Things that you simply gain not only for certain in-game tasks that you completed but for things like having a #1 on a map for e.g. as well. Something like that would be hard to achieve through achievements.

Having cool patterns and cool name tags to enhance the look of your profile that you actually WORKED FOR or GOT LUCKY rather than opening a file in my documents and importing it. That way it will feel much better and will hold a better sentimental value as I said before. People will be able to play the game for other reasons. One of my friends said that he liked the idea because it would let him play the game for other goals rather than farming pp, such as farming name tags.

It would in general add diversity to the game.
Szymek
Id really love this Idea ! But supporters only would get this ? would be fair.
Topic Starter
gadrin

xSzymonPL wrote:

That could be an idea, but I think this could turn some people off
gregest

gadrin wrote:

xSzymonPL wrote:

That could be an idea, but I think this could turn some people off
no supporter only,it's like you have to pay for a basic thing
abraker
Alright, this needs to stop. There are 2 ends of the spectrum to this:

End A:
  • Have name tags collectible pieces. Users will be able to create their own, but gain them by earning them.
    Pros:
    [list:1337]- Make them actually worth something
    And if you want to go to the extreme:

gadrin wrote:

I am not in the favor of including any sort of real currency system involved with the nametags, but I'm just saying that if the game developers are really desperate, this could be another source of income.
    - Would satisfy players who like collectibles
    - Would force players to be more "adventurous" within the community, gameplay, osu! culture, etc.
cons:
  • - Restricts customization
    - People who can care less about earning them, will care less.
    - Basically a duplicate of the already existing achievements
End B:
  • Have name tags as artworks anyone can make and share (much like how avatar requests are)
    Pros:
    [list:1337]- allows people to be creative with the nametags
    - would interest all players
    - <can't think of any more at the movement>
cons:
  • - More like the extension of avatars.
    - <can't think of any more at the movement>
Personally I would recommend a poll to stop this arguing, but since there is enough stars going for end A and enough has been said by me and Transformau5, I'll just leave it be and accept the final outcome of what will be implemented.

Also this one under "Other requests/information" made me look left and right due to contradiction.

gadrin wrote:

I would generally prefer if the nametags were rare and there were many many many many of them.
Topic Starter
gadrin

abraker wrote:

Also this one under "Other requests/information" made me look left and right due to contradiction.

gadrin wrote:

I would generally prefer if the nametags were rare and there were many many many many of them.
What I meant is that there would be a lot of skins, however a one specific tag would be rare. This would mean that most players would have one/two or more, but it would be hard to find people with the same nametags unless the specific one that they have is a bit more common that the rest.
Oinari-sama
Please focus on how to make a feature work well for osu! Leave the supporter/duplicate decision to staff.

Once again let me emphasise, if you don't have anything constructive to share, don't post. The ability to post is a privilege and if you don't cherish it, it can be taken away from you.
Topic Starter
gadrin

Oinari-sama wrote:

Please focus on how to make a feature work well for osu! Leave the supporter/duplicate decision to staff.

Once again let me emphasise, if you don't have anything constructive to share, don't post. The ability to post is a privilege and if you don't cherish it, it can be taken away from you.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't people be able to give critical feedback about ideas such as this in order to evaluate this idea and try to tackle the arising problems with further ideas? Discussions and critisism open a door for new ideas and possibilities.
Oinari-sama
Critical feedbacks are fine, trying to start a drama by taking what people said out of context is not. Stay on topic and you should be fine.
Pawsu
i'd really like if you would update the image because it's broken.
LastExceed
I guess this will be customizable in osu!next anyway, so we don't really need it anymore.
Chrli
This is a pretty sweet idea but yea osu!next is a thing :^)
kiores

FlowR wrote:

If the brightness of the patterns is similar, changing the shade slightly to blue, or still letting it go black when a person is afk could sort the first problem, regarding the information, I don't think it would be a problem if the shading is correct. Alternatively, there could be a stroke around the nametag which indicates the status, for e.g. a red stroke indicating the person is mapping, and a white stroke which indicates the person is playing
there's also the option of making the "name tag collection" have kinda unique shading aswell, like:
if it was that Vine tag you showed, what if the VINES varied in colours.
or if it was a nice hill view scene, and it was daylight, and it could change to like noon, nighttime or sunset or similar.
if it was a face (Peppy fanart x3) it could change face expressions?
well, since it may be confusing if you don't know all differs in skins... it may not be a good idea, but I thought sharing it isn't bad either ^-^
Bara-
I'm still looking forward to this
isgl
suport lots of suppor but i don't have stars lol
Strawberry Cake
this thread is kinda old so is there still hope that these tags will become a thing? because i freakin love the idea! :)
Tanomoshii Nekojou
b-bump! o w o
karloz442
Voted....