forum

So I learned the wrong way...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI
At start I only played a few 1* maps, after that I started pushing myself to play maps that are challenging to me up until now, I can do snap faster & tap faster, but my accuracy is shit I can hold a huge combo but I can't get good acc.

any advice here beside play more?

I'm starting to think that my ms is the problem here (my average ms 4~10)
bigfeh
if you have a shit framerate, that's obviously going to affect your UR

if you play on a toaster, get a new computer and play more. otherwise just play more since you wouldn't really benefit from a new computer
E m i
In essence, 4-10ms will have an effect similar to raising the OD by 0.3 on average, and up to 0.8333 for some hits.

So if you play OD9, your hits will randomly be treated like OD9.166 - OD9.833.

Compared to infinite FPS of course, but in relation to that 2000 fps has an effect of +OD0.020833 which is small.

That really assumes that your frametimes never exceed 10ms. If they exceed 12ms (osu analyzes all frames during the entire second and not individual frames, so that's not only possible but very likely) then you can encounter a delay that is indeed equivalent to raising the OD by 1.

Sounds bad? Well it's worse than you might think because all of that delay is... well, delay. It can't make your hits earlier so it is by definition distributed unevenly.

a worst case 12ms frametime can turn a perfect hit into an OD11 100, effectively making you jump 2 ODs. (OD13 is 0ms)
ManuelOsuPlayer
Play maps where you have 96%-97% acc and up them to 99%+
Play maps where you have 93% acc and up them to 96% acc.
Tap to music, not circles.
N0thingSpecial

Momiji wrote:

In essence, 4-10ms will have an effect similar to raising the OD by 0.3 on average, and up to 0.8333 for some hits.

So if you play OD9, your hits will randomly be treated like OD9.166 - OD9.833.

Compared to infinite FPS of course, but in relation to that 2000 fps has an effect of +OD0.020833 which is small.

That really assumes that your frametimes never exceed 10ms. If they exceed 12ms (osu analyzes all frames during the entire second and not individual frames, so that's not only possible but very likely) then you can encounter a delay that is indeed equivalent to raising the OD by 1.

Sounds bad? Well it's worse than you might think because all of that delay is... well, delay. It can't make your hits earlier so it is by definition distributed unevenly.

a worst case 12ms frametime can turn a perfect hit into an OD11 100, effectively making you jump 2 ODs. (OD13 is 0ms)
Tbh the aim input lag would be more atrocious
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI
I have seen a few pro players with high ms, I'm not going to give up just because I have a bad ms
N0thingSpecial
Few against many sure
E m i

szkiller wrote:

I have seen a few pro players with high ms, I'm not going to give up just because I have a bad ms
Uh yeah if something makes you 1% worse or whatever that 1% can still leave you in a super vague bracket like that. If cookiezi had some impairment that made him play 4% worse he would still be cookiezi, yay. and people would be using it to say "well this must make you play 0% worse!!!!"
Vuelo Eluko

Momiji wrote:

szkiller wrote:

Uh yeah if something makes you 1% worse or whatever that 1% can still leave you in a super vague bracket like that. If cookiezi had some impairment that made him play 4% worse he would still be cookiezi, yay. and people would be using it to say "well this must make you play 0% worse!!!!"
if he can't do anything to fix it the best thing is to move past it as a mental block. He can still become great. Not as good as he would have been without it after the exact amount of play time, but it won't be different by a wide margin.
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI
So what should I set my mindset into?

My current mindset:
I like it when there are people who are clearly good at something but something is being a handicap to them like equipment, but they are still going for it and they are not showing weaknesses.

While there are those people, there are also fags, people who are already bad at something, not only that, they complain about something that is pulling them down, which is not genuine, while they have the top notch equipment, and yet they still suck.
(They should just die)

People with handicaps are the best!
Vuelo Eluko
small handicaps and equipment quality are both relatively small variables in the skill equation. Play time is the biggest, followed closely by how and what you choose to play (1000 hours farming easy/normal map #1's obv wont get you very far).

Pls enjoy game is also a big variable that will determine how much you get out of playing. Hard to get better if you aren't having fun, impossible for some.
E m i

szkiller wrote:

there are also fags, people who are already bad at something, not only that, they complain about something that is pulling them down, which is not genuine, while they have the top notch equipment, and yet they still suck.
(They should just die)
yeah amounting to like 0 people. you sometimes get people in G&R being like "i can't stream at all so i need new keyboard yes?" or "tablet make me instantly 50% better yes?" and not even that is close to what you describe.

And especially different... Is a situation where you can literally give the exact numbers on how much something affects your gameplay 8-)

I have 7k fps which amounts to ~0.14ms frametime which gives me a variable 0-0.14ms delay on my keypresses and averages out to 0.07ms.

This can be quantified as raising the OD by 0.00583333333 in relation to infinite fps (0ms frametime) 8-)

In other words, if something has a small effect, you should keep in mind that it's small which is doable if you know exactly what it is.

"this minor thing doesn't exist" and "this minor thing is preventing me from being #1" are both invalid 8-)

Not even neutrality is valid, the only thing that's valid is knowing exactly what a "thing" is. :(
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI
szkiller wrote:
there are also fags, people who are already bad at something, not only that, they complain about something that is pulling them down, which is not genuine, while they have the top notch equipment, and yet they still suck.
(They should just die)

yeah amounting to like 0 people. you sometimes get people in G&R being like "i can't stream at all so i need new keyboard yes?" or "tablet make me instantly 50% better yes?" and not even that is close to what you describe.

And especially different... Is a situation where you can literally give the exact numbers on how much something affects your gameplay

I have 7k fps which amounts to ~0.14ms frametime which gives me a variable 0-0.14ms delay on my keypresses and averages out to 0.07ms.

This can be quantified as raising the OD by 0.00583333333 in relation to infinite fps (0ms frametime)

In other words, if something has a small effect, you should keep in mind that it's small which is doable if you know exactly what it is.

"this minor thing doesn't exist" and "this minor thing is preventing me from being #1" are both invalid

Not even neutrality is valid, the only thing that's valid is knowing exactly what a "thing" is.

Well that's not actually about osu, it's about a diff topic.
Vuelo Eluko

Momiji wrote:

szkiller wrote:

(They should just die)

And especially different... Is a situation where you can literally give the exact numbers on how much something affects your gameplay 8-)

This can be quantified as raising the OD by 0.00583333333 in relation to infinite fps (0ms frametime) 8-)

"this minor thing doesn't exist" and "this minor thing is preventing me from being #1" are both invalid 8-)

Not even neutrality is valid, the only thing that's valid is knowing exactly what a "thing" is. :(
accuracy also isn't very important, hard passes and low acc fcs >
pandaBee
Just click the circles bro.
Waffletrix
Kappa Pride

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Few against many sure
This Guy Knows
ploxyzero
I'm the opposite. I mainly focused on accuracy when I started but I have trouble playing harder maps (5* for example)
Although I'd much rather SS a 4* map than pass a 5* map with a B anyway so I guess it works out lol