forum

[Archived] Can't record osu?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kishuya
Problem Details:
Pretty much recording with alt + z (GeForce experience) used to work fine till about a month ago, now when I try to record I get the following problems; Music turns off, nothing appears on beatmaps, no circles or anything just background. At first, I thought this issue was only with GeForce Experience so I tried obs and I got the exact same problems. Another interesting thing is that, when I'm in a discord call, these problems come up as well. I'm not really sure what to do as it's been messing with youtube and other applications too (not letting me hear the sound and making the fps on video like 0.5).

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
Update: Got a recording https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO0DlrbRmK8
as you can see, I put the recording on after playing image material to test it and yeah, no sound, replay doesn't load; it does that while just playing the game, nothing appears on the beatmap, can't hear music etc etc.

osu! version: 20171106.5 (latest)
Homozone
Maybe check the setting see if anything is messed up. Plus your other videos worked so you probably messed up settings in the Osu! or OBS or Geforce Experience settings. If you mind, can u send me your PC specs maybe if your parts are bad and will have to upgrade to record or something.
Topic Starter
Kishuya

AceCritzi wrote:

Maybe check the setting see if anything is messed up. Plus your other videos worked so you probably messed up settings in the Osu! or OBS or Geforce Experience settings. If you mind, can u send me your PC specs maybe if your parts are bad and will have to upgrade to record or something.
GPU: GeForce GTX 970
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Memory: 16 GB RAM (15.92 GB RAM usable)
Current resolution: 1920 x 1080, 60Hz
Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

the glitch happens when I go on youtube or try watch a downloaded movie to, when it comes to youtube (when recording) the video loads but is always stuck on 0:00 I try skip ahead to something like 15:00 and it comes up but just stays in that position, no loading signs come up on youtube; when it comes to downloaded videos, the frame rate is.... eww; imagine csgo but at 5 fps, yeahhh...
Homozone
can we talk on discord and see whats happening i couldnt really get whats happening
Dntm8kmeeatu
Make sure you have no background programs or processes interfering with anything. Try closing all programs and processes not related to having your computer run properly (So don't close GPU drivers or OS Related processes, obviously)

Also make sure your GPU drivers are fully up to date.

If everything is closed and you are still having issues, it might be worth fully uninstalling your GPU drivers, and reinstalling them, as they could be borked. (You can also try downgrading first if you wish).
NicOwO
Try turning on compatibility mode in the settings (note that this adds a substantial amount of input lag to your game.)
Topic Starter
Kishuya

AceCritzi wrote:

can we talk on discord and see whats happening i couldnt really get whats happening

Sure, add Kuro#1477
Homozone
Add me just in case AceCritzi#9459 I'm available on weekends...
Navieddamooc
I actually got the same problem, but for me is just a black screen, when i record with obs, fraps, even powerpoint, the screen is always black, idk why
Jason X
Please don't post on older threads, they barely get any attention at all.
Instead, make a new post in the Help forum, you can then link to older similar topics as a reference to your problem.