forum

Just Another Beatmap Contest #3 (Announcement)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LowAccuracySS

Organized by LowAccuracySS
with help from <span style='color:#A74ABA'>[A L P H A]</span>, <span style='color:#A74ABA'>C00L</span>, <span style='color:#A74ABA'>Ethan</span>, and <span style='color:#A74ABA'>LowComboFC</span>

Official status: Announced, accepting applications!

About JABC

Just Another Beatmap Contest is an unofficial mapping contest that has run two full successful cycles with the key focus of showcasing innovation and creativity. We hope to provide an even better experience from last time with better stakes, even better song choice, and very little to zero issues. Even if you have seen this page before, there are some changes made to how certain things work. Please read through this again to check what's been changed.

Format

1. Register with the link below. Join the discord and read
#information.The contest .osz will be released on a certain date. Contestants have 168 hours (7 days) to create and finish a difficulty.Once you are done with your entry, Discord or forum PM me with your .osu and I will implement it into a set with all entries.If you did not finish by the end, please do NOT submit your entry unless you specify how unfinished the entry is. This is meant to make sure the judges' time is not wasted. If you are finished by the end, you NEED to submit your entry before the 10 minute grace period ends.Judges will be given anonymous sets with everyone's entries and they will judge them. There have been changes to judging that is going to be tested to help promote the main concept of this contest, so please take note of that if you would like to be a judge!Once the judging period is over, winners will be announced and I will give prizes.

Timeline

November 22nd: Registration for JABC opens up to the public and the contest starts the timeline.
November 27th: All applications close and judge applicants are ready to be tested.
November 28th: Judge applicants are tested, picks are finalized, and the contest is ready to begin.
November 29th: The contest starts. Mappers have 7 days to finish a single difficulty.
December 6th: Contest ends, and all entries are compiled into an anonymous mapset.
December 6th: Judges are given the anonymous mapset and they start judging.
December 20th: Judging is finalized, and results are released after everything is verified.
December 20th-25th: Prizes are given to the winners of the contest and I contact staff about badges c:

Prizes

First place winner will recieve 6 months of osu!supporter and a profile badge.
Second place winner will receive 4 months of osu!supporter.
Third place winner will recieve 2 months of osu!supporter.

Important Information

Judging Criteria v2

Rules
Rules are exactly that: rules. They must not EVER be broken or else you risk being disqualified from the contest!
  1. All entries must follow the ranking criteria. The ultimate, final push is for rank so following the ranking criteria is optimal to get there as fast as possible.
  2. You may only create one difficulty. The difficulty you submit to us is your final product, and you may not submit updates!
  3. You may only make a diifficulty for osu!standard. Other modes will not be permitted.
  4. You may not collaborate with a partner and all diffs must be made solely by the person that is listed in the difficulty name.
  5. Copying other people's content is not allowed.
  6. While the contest is happening, no one is allowed to share any part of their beatmap to anyone.
  7. Submisssions will not be accepted after the 10 minute grace period at the end has passed.
  8. Do not change the timing or mp3 of the map. You'll be submitting through .osu anyway, so doing this is pointless.

Registration

Please click this link to visit the registration form.
You are allowed to register from November 22nd (the day this gets posted) to November 27th!

Questions?

Feel free to contact me through this forum thread, through forum PMs, and through Discord PMs if you have ANY questions about the contest.
Topic Starter
LowAccuracySS
reserved
Icekalt
Second \o/
Est-
third
-Atri-
Ok
Cerulean Veyron
at dis moment, am ur sole judge 4 this contest for now

y'all entries r invalid
It's just a meme tho
Pachiru
I don't know if you have all your judges atm, but if you've got a free slot for judging, I'm willing to help.
faygo
henlo
Nao Tomori
I'll judge again
MaestroSplinter
results when ?)
Yugu
k
vergil chair
o/
polka
day late ono