forum

[Archived] osu! Randomly Crashing After Fall Creators Update

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aikyan
Ever since I have updated my PC to the Fall Creators Update, osu randomly started to crash whenever it feels like it.
Sometimes after exiting a map, osu just goes into a black screen and eventually stops working and crashes.

I have tried reinstalling NVIDIA drivers, osu! and even switched between Cutting Edge, Stable and even Stable Fallback
but nothing worked.

Any idea on why it crashes?

osu! version: 20171122.1cuttingedge
yuhaii
Have you tried closing the apps in the background? Maybe it's lagging your computer down as it did with mine and made osu crash. I run on cuttingedge and have had no problem with the update whatsoever until it crashed after exiting a beatmap as well. I closed all of the applications in the background, and it worked again for me.
This is just a personal experience and solution from me. If it doesn't work, then I'm just useless to you. :(
Topic Starter
Aikyan

yuhaii- wrote:

Have you tried closing the apps in the background? Maybe it's lagging your computer down as it did with mine and made osu crash. I run on cuttingedge and have had no problem with the update whatsoever until it crashed after exiting a beatmap as well. I closed all of the applications in the background, and it worked again for me.
This is just a personal experience and solution from me. If it doesn't work, then I'm just useless to you. :(
I'll try doing that tomorrow because I don't have time at the moment because I'm sleeping early for school.

(EDIT)
I have closed all running background applications except for the essential ones and the crash still occurs.

Thanks for the suggestion though.
Death
If you get a crying girl when you crash, click on her and paste the error log here.

If not, follow this guide to get the event viewer log and paste that here.
Topic Starter
Aikyan
Event Viewer Log
Application: osu!.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 74A2B084 Stack: at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.SetFocus(System.Runtime.InteropServices.HandleRef) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.FocusInternal() at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Focus() at #=z1x6vsNqzOg_tEQl5KA==.#=zXe219kulxeoR(Boolean) at #=z1x6vsNqzOg_tEQl5KA==.#=zg0PnHG5LEmPp(#=zx$gHnDjq2QfQIf4Pfg==) at #=zx$gHnDjq2QfQIf4Pfg==.#=zmovyENeWUg5z(Boolean) at #=z5VnELVSAzSrmobDxO3eVFZI=.#=zf1A8a2GcXNn_() at #=zfM6yuHktMyyyGkC1v4qfe9OuAxL4B8MXzsBze$4=.#=zHOCM3zULD_l7(Boolean) at #=zVWLKVuw2fIYLaLCD2WwF_zr4qMN54aL4Bw==..ctor(#=z319_hRCJ5vLNIaMqUA==) at #=zkFKqnJt1IcctxUnoqA==.#=z6orNaVO98HFk(Int32) at #=zkFKqnJt1IcctxUnoqA==+#=zvm2GPJA=.#=zxes_$pCQl_3if33I1tyVKQs=(System.Object, System.EventArgs) at #=zkFKqnJt1IcctxUnoqA==.#=z3jdAnlh8Up6s() at #=zkFKqnJt1IcctxUnoqA==.#=z3Wna2_I=() at #=z319_hRCJ5vLNIaMqUA==.#=z_I95jXEUV0zv(System.Object, System.EventArgs) at #=z848rd3Asw3suA6ALWmF$o2o=.#=zkXohaXM=(System.Object, System.EventArgs) at #=zO9qUvc5uACcYe4elUkV$asY=.#=zbzVzvymaSt34OvCAPQ==(System.Object, System.EventArgs) at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32) at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr, Int32, Int32) at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext) at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext) at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(System.Windows.Forms.Form) at #=zO9qUvc5uACcYe4elUkV$asY=.#=zPeGyjG0=() at #=z319_hRCJ5vLNIaMqUA==.#=zPeGyjG0=() at #=zYMITZv9fIBmT3u52bQ==.#=zp5rLHW9AiQtt(System.String, Boolean, Boolean) at #=zYMITZv9fIBmT3u52bQ==.#=zXdrKheU=(System.String[]) at #=zYMITZv9fIBmT3u52bQ==.#=zZGttw9c=() at #=q8bd5db9qkvdsQt7tF47K7EpfQaKZlgGktayLiqr60bE=.#=zFAbbbUA=()

osu! crashed without a crying girl and it just went into a black screen and stopped working.
Death
Hold shift while starting osu! until a configuration window pops up and select "repair osu!"

If that doesn't work, try enabling compatibility mode to see if you keep crashing.
Topic Starter
Aikyan

Death wrote:

Hold shift while starting osu! until a configuration window pops up and select "repair osu!"
After repairing osu! I haven't encountered any crashes at the moment, it seems stable (maybe). For now I will keep playing and see how this goes. If it crashes again, I'll try compatibility mode and play normally again. Assuming I had to use compatibility mode, and it still crashes. I'll bump thread then.

Thanks.

EDIT

After playing for a decent bit, I still crashed without or with compatibility mode.
Topic Starter
Aikyan
I think the problem is getting worse now, I just literally went through 3 crashes within 5 minutes even with compatibility mode on.
Upskirt
Is that the log from event viewer and is there any other imformation you can provide?

Have you actually restarted your computer completely with all updates installed?

If that actually doesn't work then you can try the idea below.

Install the latest compatible Fall Creators update driver version.

Note: Don't ever use Fallback especially if you never had to before, please.