forum

Kero Kero Bonito - Flamingo (WTN3 Remix)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Skylish
Actually the BPM of the whole music is just 110. The constant bass line and drum set reveal it tellingly. (this point is well explained by last BN post already)
Topic Starter
Nerova Riuz GX

Cerulean Veyron wrote:

This might be interesting... I believe the BPM appears to be quite concerning, hence why would people actually time a BPM just for some vocal track? xddd

I mean, parts like 00:09:814 - 01:19:632 - 02:11:996 - (technically the pre-choruses) sounds definitely 110. I could really tell that the percussion mainly lands over every first and third ticks on timeline though. I assume you doubled BPM to alternatively speed up the pace of the slider velocity(?)
technically I don't really need to speed up SV by doubling the BPM - there's even no sv changes during the song, so why do I have to do that when I can just do it by changing the general SV?

I still think it's 220 anyway, and some people i've asked said that it's 220 (actually, it's about 50:50 so I don't know if that's actually a problem.) at least setting that with both 110 and 220 makes sense to me.

(if that's obviously 110 then it should be pointed out by tons of those modders before please, and seriously no one has ever talked about this in the past 2 years so wtf is this situation now)
Doormat
hope you don't mind me dropping my opinion, but i also agree and think that it should be 110 bpm rather than 220. based on the vocal intonations at 00:44:723 - , the vocalist is placing more emphasis on every two measures, which is what i think is more representative of the downbeat since these points are where the singer starts off a new phrase in the lyrics. also because the drum and bass matches a 110 bpm metronome more accurately but that's besides the point.

Nerova Riuz GX wrote:

(if that's obviously 110 then it should be pointed out by tons of those modders before please, and seriously no one has ever talked about this in the past 2 years so wtf is this situation now)
this is a pretty poor excuse though; just because people don't point it out earlier (either because they weren't sure themselves or have no experience with timing) doesn't mean that others might find issues with it.
Bonsai
*pointing out that it's 110 BPM*
not only because of percussion but also general harmonic structure and muscial patterning, map's structure doesn't influence the song's structure

fun fact: most people either don't care or don't know much about timing, that's why they don't point it out~
Deif
Everything has been said, to be honest. I also agree that 110 BPM is the most correct approximation for this song, without additional timing sections added.
Kaydax
So I see where the 220 came from. It seems to be the tempo was being based off the faster bass line and not the main beat. It should be 110 bpm, but the tempo doesn't really throw me off at all.
Monstrata
Really don't understand why you guys care so much about halving/doubling bpm's lol. The only thing that changes is the kiai flashing/nigthcore mod, and honestly 220 bpm is a better fit for how the song was mapped. I'm fine with either tbh, even if 110 is technically "more accurate".
Topic Starter
Nerova Riuz GX
Updated with 110.

There should be nothing to be concerned about timing now.
diraimur

Monstrata wrote:

Really don't understand why you guys care so much about halving/doubling bpm's lol. The only thing that changes is the kiai flashing/nigthcore mod, and honestly 220 bpm is a better fit for how the song was mapped. I'm fine with either tbh, even if 110 is technically "more accurate".
this so much.
it kinda makes me sad people care about this almost more than mapping mistakes or if there were unsnapped notes (lets be honest there were plenty of maps that got ranked with wrongly snapped notes and no one bothered to fix it or even point out) and people go crazy over double bpm when it literally has no impact on gameplay at all. you might say "but so does metadata?+!?!+'^+ why do u care then LOL!!" well if answer to that wasn't already obvious; they are different things. one of them impacts the artist directly while other one has almost no affect at all if any.

also fun fact renard themselves said big black is 720 bpm, while most can argue song is 180 bpm. what will we use on that then? would it be dq'd for using 180 bpm? or 720 bpm because it plays like 180? (im not talking about existing map btw)
Bonsai
oh, sorry for caring

wait another few days and calm down, nobody went crazy here (except you if you want to)

(and please report qualified maps with unsnapped notes)
diraimur
im already calm, its just i dont get why people get so upset over double bpm xD

also we have a recently ranked map with obviously wrong metadata which i reported yet still went thru, so i dont actually think reporting helps at this point at all lmao

i guess sorry for caring too, oh well
Voli
actually, you've all been wrong the entire time. this should be 440 bpm. The most thoroughly consistent rhythmical part of the song is the literal metronome playing on top of 90% of the song at a whopping 440 beats per minute! I can't believe everyone oversaw this one tbh.

(this is a meme)
voynich
this map got unqualified because of a literal unnoticeable difference in bpm
Kaydax

MariahCarey wrote:

actually, you've all been wrong the entire time. this should be 440 bpm. The most thoroughly consistent rhythmical part of the song is the literal metronome playing on top of 90% of the song at a whopping 440 beats per minute! I can't believe everyone oversaw this one tbh.

(this is a meme)

I really hope you where joking there. The bpm is 110, not 440. Also that isn't a metronome, that is a high hat that plays in triplets. The main beat isn't based of that, as there is a overall temp of a 110
Incomp

Kaydax wrote:

MariahCarey wrote:

(this is a meme)
I really hope you where joking there. The bpm is 110, not 440. Also that isn't a metronome, that is a high hat that plays in triplets. The main beat isn't based of that, as there is a overall temp of a 110
whoosh
diraimur

-Nishiki- wrote:

how dare you say such a thing, it's obviously noticeable, it was exactly doubled! DOUBLE THE SPEED!! seeing that bpm on song select screen gave me nausea, literally unplayable.
Voli

Kaydax wrote:

i mean you literally quoted the part where i said that it's a meme ...
Monstrata
Rebub for new bpm!
Kaydax

diraimur wrote:

-Nishiki- wrote:

how dare you say such a thing, it's obviously noticeable, it was exactly doubled! DOUBLE THE SPEED!! seeing that bpm on song select screen gave me nausea, literally unplayable.

How did it mess you up. I even played the new version with the fixed bpm and it is exactly the same. Doubling bpm doesn't do anything to the song and it doesn't mess you up when trying to stay on beat.
Battle
i can, in fact, do the heart thing again
Nao Tomori
its not a gameplay difference but in terms of being more accurate to the song as it was composed 110 is closer.. it's like metadata, it doesn't matter at all from a gameplay perspective but still makes more sense if it is like this. besides nightcore mod being more accurate is always nice
diraimur
gz
voynich

Kaydax wrote:

diraimur wrote:

How did it mess you up. I even played the new version with the fixed bpm and it is exactly the same. Doubling bpm doesn't do anything to the song and it doesn't mess you up when trying to stay on beat.
wahooshiona
Monstrata

Naotoshi wrote:

its not a gameplay difference but in terms of being more accurate to the song as it was composed 110 is closer.. it's like metadata, it doesn't matter at all from a gameplay perspective but still makes more sense if it is like this. besides nightcore mod being more accurate is always nice
Metadata is different imo, because accurate metadata does function to give the song/artist/source etc... better citation. BPM on the other hand doesn't have the same citation quality. Big Black for example is 720 bpm according to the composer.
pessoa
love the song tho and its a pretty good map but for some reason i cant pass the 4.3 star diff. >:( >:( >:(