forum

The significance of your dominant hand

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
YawaH
I'm left handed but i play osu or generally use the pc right handed. Is this ok? I'm a mouse user but i'm planning on buying a tablet. I'm so screwed and confused
Sandy Hoey
With the switch to a tablet, you could move to aiming with your left hand. It is harder for left-handers using mice because you have to go buy a specific left handed mouse. Give it a try when you get your tablet, you will probably find it a little difficult just because you haven't used your right hand to click just yet. But you will get the hang of it sooner or later
winber1
no it is not okay, you will become gay and your dick will shrink
7ambda

winber1 wrote:

What if top poster is a girl?
Sandy Hoey

F1r3tar wrote:

winber1 wrote:

What if top poster is a girl?
Are you assuming gender. In 2016. LUL
Topic Starter
YawaH

winber1 wrote:

And here i was asking seriously. I laughed though
7ambda

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Are you assuming gender. In 2016. LUL
"What if"

Perhaps you should see an optometrist and get your eyes checked out.
Topic Starter
YawaH

Sandy Hoey wrote:

With the switch to a tablet, you could move to aiming with your left hand. It is harder for left-handers using mice because you have to go buy a specific left handed mouse. Give it a try when you get your tablet, you will probably find it a little difficult just because you haven't used your right hand to click just yet. But you will get the hang of it sooner or later
Buying a tablet is a must then... I also thought that i'd force myself to use the left handed setup so I was confused but I just realized it takes a lot of time knowing that its been years since i had been using pc right-handedly.

hmm.. okay so right now I'll just focus on improving my reading, and maybe a few stream practice using my right hand might be nice...

Thank you mate, my doubts are gone
I Give Up
Left-handed player uses right hand for mouse https://osu.ppy.sh/u/495272
Sandy Hoey

KukiMonster wrote:

Sorry for the confusion, I didn't mean that you cannot get good with a right handed mouse when you are left handed, I just meant that it is more difficult to start. You can always get better at anything with practice.
Topic Starter
YawaH

KukiMonster wrote:

Sandy Hoey wrote:

You can always get better at anything with practice.

so I guess it's really up to me where to go and there's no wrong choice. It also means I'm not wasting any time here. After seeing this i'm also thinking that it doesn't even matter anymore. The 'Play More' meme seems real legit
DegPixel
I ended up having to switch to left hand on tablet (as a left-handed person) just because I couldn't do spinners with my right-hand. My aim was relatively okay at the time.

Ultimately, it's whatever you want to do / feel comfortable doing. For me, I switched because it felt easier at the time, but I probably could have gotten used to it.
Endie-
Nah bruh. Doesn't matter.
I'm playing with the same playstyle :)
Frikandel
I'm a lefty and use mouse with right but euh, I can't get much further then farming the most overweighted maps :p
awedgoo
if u like maps that are really aim heavy (fast, jumpy and have small cs), than u should perform a bit better if u switched to tablet or mouse in ur left hand.
but if u like stream heavy maps, then u are just fine playing the way you are; these also happen to be the type of maps cptnxn does best at and he is a left player who plays with right hand on mouse. he's also not known for having top tier aim, he does have amazing flow however.
KupcaH

awedgoo wrote:

if u like maps that are really aim heavy (fast, jumpy and have small cs), than u should perform a bit better if u switched to tablet or mouse in ur left hand.
but if u like stream heavy maps, then u are just fine playing the way you are; these also happen to be the type of maps cptnxn does best at and he is a left player who plays with right hand on mouse. he's also not known for having top tier aim, he does have amazing flow however.
what are you
awedgoo

KupcaH wrote:

what are you
a salty weeb whos mad he wasnt born a cute magical girl and is also sad that he cant seem to find his waifu irl
Obiwan
I'm left handed but i use my tablet with the right hand , these are just limits that you create yourself. Everyone can become ambidextrous with practice.
At first i struggled with spinners but now i can do them no problem :D
awedgoo

Obiwan wrote:

I'm left handed but i use my tablet with the right hand , these are just limits that you create yourself. Everyone can become ambidextrous with practice.
At first i struggled with spinners but now i can do them no problem :D
Although i agree with you that you can become proficient at using both hands to do what ever, most people aren't capable of becoming ambidextrous. The human body is not symmetrical and that includes not only our hands, but the left and right sides of our brain, each responsible for controlling the hand on its opposite side. This means that each hand is not only physically different, but has different neural wiring as well. what this means for osu! is that one of your hands (probably your dominant hand) is going to have better potential for aiming fast and precisely, even if its only a slight difference.
Topic Starter
YawaH
So, what happened is that i started using my tablet around April. And the result is that i got better at my aim, but got worse at my accuracy. I could barely stream perfectly.
Yurumo

HybrdMonky wrote:

So, what happened is that i started using my tablet around April. And the result is that i got better at my aim, but got worse at my accuracy. I could barely stream perfectly.
Then practice your streaming?
I've been using a tablet with my left hand for 4~ months and I've been doing fine.