forum

Coach me pls

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Naesy
Idk if I'm even allowed to ask for coaching, but I don't see why I can't.

I'd love it if there was someone who would be willing to help me GIT GUD. Someone who can watch me every now and then, and dish out plenty of homework so I can't get distracted grinding those dank 30 second maps all night xd

If I end up going to sleep add me on my steam (the link is on my osu profile) and send me a message there. :D
N0thingSpecial
Don't think anyone here is qualified to do that lol
KupcaH
give me money
N0thingSpecial

KupcaH wrote:

give me money
Sex for coach?
Celine
you want someone to teach you how to click circles
uhhh
Yurumo
I don't think anyone is qualified for that lol (x2)

If you're looking for advice, you could always just ask in the #osu in-game chat or here on the forums.
There might not be a lot of people who would want to "tutor" you full-time but there'll be people willing to help you on a case by case basis.

(If you ask the forums "how to git gud" you'll most likely get "play more" though).
DXPOHIHIHI

BWSnoob wrote:

uhhh

Childs play
Alex3i2
lol this guy is serious? tell me he's trolling
Kondou-Shinichi

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Don't think anyone here is qualified to do that lol
he knows
Fxjlk
Play the game with this in the background. Best coach, works every time, instant pp or your money back

Mio Winter
The problem with coaching in osu! is that... no one really has a clue how to get better except Play More(tm). Even if you ask the best players, they don't really know why they became better than the players who spent an equal amount of practice time but did not become the best. (Unless some of the best players actually know some secrets to getting better. I don't know.)

But! There's still some advice that coaches can give confidently. And coaches that have played more could potentially give you maps that are good for practicing certain skills, because they know more maps.

Maybe more usefwl than coaches could be playmates? I've noticed that if I play in multi with someone I know, it increases the time I spend in osu! (I can easily play like 5+ hours in one sitting, without getting bored, if I'm playing with someone). And anything that increases the time you spend in osu! is something that makes you better. ^^ Just make sure to relinquish all commitments to IRL, otherwise those will keep you from playing more osu!.

I have some advice I think works for learning specific skills I could give, but that depends on what kind of skills you want to focus on. For example, if you want to become a good reading-based player, don't forget how to read AR 8. If you focus on playing AR 9 and above all the time as soon as you learn how to read AR 9, you'll start forgetting how to read AR 8. If you only play high AR, there's also the problem of reacting toinstead of reading maps, which makes you an inconsistent reader (HappyStick, Doomsday and Toy talk about this in the interviews by HappyStick on youtube).
mulraf

Mio Winter wrote:

Just make sure to relinquish all commitments to IRL, otherwise those will keep you from playing more osu!.
@new players: those bright aspects of your osu!future are just a click away.
Edgar_Figaro
Although I wouldn't say I am "qualified to be an Osu coach" I will sometimes talk to various people and they will tell me what they are struggling with and such. Most things for the newest of players can be solved by a simply "watching of youtube video going over basic optimal options setup".

For alot of other players that I talk to their biggest main problem when playing the game is their general mindset. People expect too much out of themselves far too quickly and then get depressed that they aren't instant pro. Once your mindset is negative, any sort of improvement becomes almost impossible.
chainpullz

Naesy wrote:

I desparately want friends who play this game to talk with and compare plays.
Then ask for that directly. There is no such thing as coaching in this game.
Edgar_Figaro

chainpullz wrote:

Naesy wrote:

Joining an Osu discord server is probably best way to easily be able to talk and compare plays with other people.
N0thingSpecial

chainpullz wrote:

Naesy wrote:

Can someone make a bot for chat that reminds you to "play more" periodically
Akanagi
Pay me.
Linck5

BWSnoob wrote:

uhhh
best comment
Mio Winter
Naesy, I'm pretty much up for osu! whenever I'm awake. If you see me online, you can ask to play multi with me (goes for anyone reading!) and I'm probably going to say "yes please!" I only like playing maps above 4* with an AR of 8 or above, though. Other than that, pretty much any map is fun for me. I'm not on your level, though, so it won't be much of a competition, but I find that playing with others makes me play longer than when I play alone, so I want to play with others. : )
Endie-
PM me next time you see me online. I'll gladly help
autoteleology
I'm also willing to help. Feel free to message me whenever I'm on in-game. I might need your help with something as well.
Solarys
There is no way to quantify one's ability to click circles (other than pp, which can very easily just measure muscle memory).

Anyone can make Cookiezi look like utter shite if they had the lack of life needed to pump that many hours into the game (though not sure anyone here including me has a life anyway)