Izzywing
i was gonna get to this on the weekend :(

grats!
Haruto
ayy grats kalibae б(>ε<)∂
Shunao
d
Kurai
I'm sorry to be the one doing this, but recently, there was a conversation in the metadata Discord server as we did not really know what the artist actually should be. On KwaN's suggestion, I sent Riot an email and here is their answer.

:?
IamKwaN
please do it and poke someone else to requalify, im having a fever
Topic Starter
Kalibe
fixed the meta
Raiden
alright, metadata is fixed!
Shunao
d
Ascendance
is there a reason the source isn't League of Legends? not trying to dq of course, but isn't the song made for the purpose of the game? awesome song, i hate playing league rn cause i hate sejuani and gragas spam
IamKwaN
^
Topic Starter
Kalibe
fixed uhh
IceBeam
I've been mapping / uploaded the same song and I had a real trouble with getting a correct name for this one as well. We spent a tad of time with Reiji-RJ discovering the info and personally I came up to set Riot Game Music Team as Artist for the map because they're actually mentioned in the song description on the web site and I really believe they're the actual composers and LoL should be definetly used as a Source, as Ascendance mentioned. I would also put Against the Current band to the Artist field because that makes more sense to me.
Ascendance

Kurai wrote:

I'm sorry to be the one doing this, but recently, there was a conversation in the metadata Discord server as we did not really know what the artist actually should be. On KwaN's suggestion, I sent Riot an email and here is their answer.

:?

@IceBeam, there was a post here about the metadata directly by emailing them. Not sure if it correlated to your findings or not, might be good to look into
Doyak
KwaN Never Dies
MoodyRPG

Doyak wrote:

KwaN Never Dies
Nao Tomori
rip kwan :cry: :cry:
AyeAries

Doyak wrote:

KwaN Never Dies
:cry: :cry:
Reillia

Doyak wrote:

KwaN Never Dies
diraimur
this is the link they've sent which says "Riot Games music team" but capitalization makes me feel like its not really official

after checking a little bit more, i think its safe to say the correct metadata for artist is "Riot Games Music Team" as suggested by soundcloud link: https://soundcloud.com/leagueoflegends/ ... -never-die

"Legends Never Die"
Featured artist: Against The Current
Written by: Riot Games Music Team, Alex Seaver of Mako, and Justin Tranter
Produced by: Riot Games Music Team, Alex Seaver of Mako, and Oliver
Mixed and mastered by: Riot Games Music Team
Vocals performed by: Against The Current
Vocal production by: Riot Games Music Team, and Colin Brittain
Additional vocal production by: Alex Goot
ignorance
make the artist "Riot Games Music Team" or "Riot Games" and keep the source as "League of Legends". riot support is bs, the Riot Sound Team or whatever composed the song, not the game League of Legends. it's like making the artist of an anime op the name of the anime... nonsense.
ignorance

diraimur wrote:

this is the link they've sent which says "Riot Games music team" but capitalization makes me feel like its not really official

after checking a little bit more, i think its safe to say the correct metadata for artist is "Riot Games Music Team" as suggested by soundcloud link: https://soundcloud.com/leagueoflegends/ ... -never-die

"Legends Never Die"
Featured artist: Against The Current
Written by: Riot Games Music Team, Alex Seaver of Mako, and Justin Tranter
Produced by: Riot Games Music Team, Alex Seaver of Mako, and Oliver
Mixed and mastered by: Riot Games Music Team
Vocals performed by: Against The Current
Vocal production by: Riot Games Music Team, and Colin Brittain
Additional vocal production by: Alex Goot
approve
Rizen
2 l8
Dark_Ai