forum

Google account linking?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
Wilba
Could you link your Google and osu! accounts so that whenever you log into your Google account it automatically logs you in when you visit the osu! website??
Flanster
Why would you need that? Logging in isn't such a tremendous task.
Death
Pretty much this, but replace Facebook with google and denied: t/45224?hilit=login
Topic Starter
Wilba
It is more convenient and im pretty sure you need a google account to have an osu account (because of the email) you don't "have" to have a facebook account to have an osu account also in my opinion facebook sucks wheras google is used for almost everything
Sandy Hoey
Is there more than one email provider? :thinking:

And why cant you just check the "remember me" box when you log in
Topic Starter
Wilba
The problem with the *Remember me* box is that when you have a browser/antivirus that doesen't remember history/cookies it removes it so you have to login every 10-20 seconds which is pretty much every single map download

:Edit: You must also veify your account with email do you not?
abraker

Wilba wrote:

The problem with the *Remember me* box is that when you have a browser/antivirus that doesen't remember history/cookies it removes it so you have to login every 10-20 seconds which is pretty much every single map download

:Edit: You must also veify your account with email do you not?
^ this. I believe google has enough safety checks to make it more secure than filling the password in from you password manager every month or so. I need to put in password for my password manager and then get the password from my password manager to log into the site. Only my access is set up on devices I use and will ever only be on devices I use as I have other accounts with less sensitive info and access I use to log in from other machines. Additionally, google will send a 2FA and a notification to your main linked account if it detects anything suspicious (login from a new location, too many attempts, etc)

May google ever be hacked, so will more than tens of thousands of companies across the board. It will be many times worse than Equifax. At that point I say fuck it.
Upskirt
I don't want to be tracked by the large internet companies more than I already am, no thanks.

I'm sure you can exclude cookies in a virus scan.
Capuccino
This is very achievable by using Google Firebase by the way, I think peppy should give this a shot