forum

TO-MAS feat. Chima - FLIP FLAP FLIP FLAP (TV SIZE)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Cheri
Double post - I Tried get another response from oko but I think my word choice may had been poor and so I decided to spend some hours brainstorming ideas instead since the map wasn't going nowhere like it is

- I can always revert back to the old version if needed -

I just went on ahead and increase the overall spacing to the kiai - Change up some patterns in a way that still work with the map while keeping the ones that is fine as is -

Basically the kiai shouldn't feel exactly like everything else in the song like it was previously so hope it is ok now...

EDIT: went with the only suggestion I disagree with u since I might as well
- I add a NC here 01:18:458 (1) - because the ds is .8x not .7x like the other part of stream due to how intense the vocal gets
(this is minor so I can get rid of it not affecting anything)
Mir
Hitsounds
- 00:04:355 - Soft whistles on these whistle-y things would be cute.

Light Insane
- 01:20:253 - Unsnapped slider end.

- 00:00:766 (1,3) - How about doing this for 00:01:791 (4,6) - as well as 00:05:894 (4,6) - since they're also repetitions of the previous phrase?
- 00:28:971 (4,5,1) - 1 doesn't get that much emphasis. I think spacing it more would be nice. At least 2.2x from the previous object.
- 00:52:048 (1,2,3) - These downbeat triples seem really off, since the song isn't emphasizing the red tick at all here. The downbeat is getting the emphasis and the vocal comes in on the offbeat. If anything a triple on 00:51:919 - would work better. Apply for all if you agree.
- 01:09:996 (6,7,1) - Intensity is increasing so it'd make sense for 1 to have more spacing. Right now it has the same spacing as 6>7.
- 01:17:689 (5,6) - Honestly a reverse slider might work better than having the finish on a sliderend. 01:18:201 - Doesn't have a finish either so it checks out. You could even do this instead https://i.imgur.com/INckFMH.png but up to you.

You said you wanted to avoid the kiai feeling the same as the rest of the song? It does still feel the same. Mainly due to the same type of patterning used and generally equal spacing to parts before. You could alleviate this by reducing spacing of all the pre-kiai parts like 00:04:868 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - 00:06:919 (1,2,3,4) - 00:08:971 (1,2,3,4) - etc and maybe using angled/straight sliders for the kiai instead of the same types of curves. If you wanted a bigger change, up the SV to 1.3 or something so there's even more noticeable intensity increase.

Hard
- 00:49:483 (1) - Could be a stream, it's low bpm and the topdiff uses a lot more 1/4 so introducing more in the Hard would be appropriate. Stack the stream if you want as well.
- 01:05:381 (1,2) - One of these could be a stream as well.

Other diffs are fine.

Work on the topdiff, make the kiai more distinct. Then you can possibly call me back.
Topic Starter
Cheri

Mir wrote:

Hitsounds
- 00:04:355 - Soft whistles on these whistle-y things would be cute. would had done it but can't have soft and drum at the same time
- What i'll do is get a soft whistle and change the name to drum whistle and add them like that

Light Insane
- 01:20:253 - Unsnapped slider end. fixed

- 00:00:766 (1,3) - How about doing this for 00:01:791 (4,6) - as well as 00:05:894 (4,6) - since they're also repetitions of the previous phrase? done
- 00:28:971 (4,5,1) - 1 doesn't get that much emphasis. I think spacing it more would be nice. At least 2.2x from the previous object. done
- 00:52:048 (1,2,3) - These downbeat triples seem really off, since the song isn't emphasizing the red tick at all here. The downbeat is getting the emphasis and the vocal comes in on the offbeat. If anything a triple on 00:51:919 - would work better. Apply for all if you agree. there isn't any noticeable sound moving it back to 00:51:919 - and then the downbeat wouldn't get no emphasis and the more noticable sound on the blue tick 00:52:176 - won't be clickable anymore since by applying that would mean to put those 2 notes 00:52:048 (1,2) - on the end of the previous slider and I would rather avoid that
- I understand the red tick is mainly just the vocal starting though - I will get rid of the note on the blue tick and move the slider instead of doing that above if u are not fine with my reasoning

- 01:09:996 (6,7,1) - Intensity is increasing so it'd make sense for 1 to have more spacing. Right now it has the same spacing as 6>7. changing
- 01:17:689 (5,6) - Honestly a reverse slider might work better than having the finish on a sliderend. 01:18:201 - Doesn't have a finish either so it checks out. You could even do this instead https://i.imgur.com/INckFMH.png but up to you. I will try to do the 2nd one

You said you wanted to avoid the kiai feeling the same as the rest of the song? It does still feel the same. Mainly due to the same type of patterning used and generally equal spacing to parts before. You could alleviate this by reducing spacing of all the pre-kiai parts like 00:04:868 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - 00:06:919 (1,2,3,4) - 00:08:971 (1,2,3,4) - etc and maybe using angled/straight sliders for the kiai instead of the same types of curves. If you wanted a bigger change, up the SV to 1.3 or something so there's even more noticeable intensity increase.

Hard
- 00:49:483 (1) - Could be a stream, it's low bpm and the topdiff uses a lot more 1/4 so introducing more in the Hard would be appropriate. Stack the stream if you want as well. no problem with me
- 01:05:381 (1,2) - One of these could be a stream as well. same as above

Other diffs are fine.

Work on the topdiff, make the kiai more distinct. Then you can possibly call me back.
my goal wasn't exactly to make the kiai feel different - it was to make the kiai feel like an actually kiai
Basically before, the kiai was exactly map the way the non kiai is (the spacing was the same with a few jumps) but with a higher SV and admittedly a bit easier which is what I meant when I said the kiai shouldn't feel like that anymore

I do understand ya point so I will use more straight sliders than almost completely curves and increase the SV
(I honestly wouldn't use angled sliders since it be too much to change to not feel out of place but I will attempt)

- The idea of changing the spacing in non kiai part won't do since the way the map works would require to remap too much and I think the kiai will feel different enough with just doing the changes above to make up for this (I will consider it if I actually manage to do it without me ending up ruining the map since that my biggest concern about that...) ok I will lower spacing in some areas

- I will update the map once I change up the kiai -

EDIT: K I change up the kiai
I use 1.2x instead of 1.3x since the sliders look too big to me
- I used more straights sliders and use some angled slider (still using mainly curve slider but not as bad as before)
- I lower the spacing in the non kiai in most areas so the kiai be more noticeably different
- Change everything except the 1 thing I disagree with
- I feel like I gotta testplay a couple more times and clean up some more and we should be good...

EDIT2: I gonna find another bg..
EDIT3: I miss the old bg but it was already 2 rank maps with it...
Mir
Light Insane
- 00:52:048 (1,3) - Remove whistle so the blue tick stands out more. I didn't hear it until you pointed it out, but if you hitsounded it more noticeably it would probably be easier to tell why you did what you did. Apply for all of these.

Recheck your hitsounds and provide a metadata source, then call me back once more. I'll talk with Nozhomi first.
Topic Starter
Cheri

Mir wrote:

Light Insane
- 00:52:048 (1,3) - Remove whistle so the blue tick stands out more. I didn't hear it until you pointed it out, but if you hitsounded it more noticeably it would probably be easier to tell why you did what you did. Apply for all of these.

Recheck your hitsounds and provide a metadata source, then call me back once more. I'll talk with Nozhomi first.
k I remove the hitsounds on the insane

I just took the metadata from the rank one 9 months ago tbh... but luckily this is where it came from going by the 1st page on the map when I check it out http://flipflappers.com/goods/

EDIT: 9/25/17 - I went on ahead and made the Insane more polish and organize
meii18
from my q will mod only top diff

insane

drum-hitfinishes does not even fit the song at the first part of the song plus they're a bit louder imo replacing them with hitwhistles (and not drum-hitwhistle) would fit much better the song
00:00:766 (1,3) - // 00:01:791 (4,6) - // 00:04:868 (1,3) - // 00:05:894 (4,6) - etc. they're overlapping each other ugh they don't look really pleasant visually speaking unstacking them would look more visually cleaner tbh
00:09:483 (2,3) - space them a little more it is clearly that the vocal is a little bit intense and some build-up wouldn't hurt // 00:11:535 (2,3) - same
00:15:124 (1,2,3) - flow feels a bit weird to me moving all of them to 132|258 would make the flow more smoothlier tbh
00:18:201 (3) - a 1/2 slider with repeat works here indeed but it is an insane diff so removing the repeat and have the rhythm formed by 1/2 slider + 1/1 note would be much better
00:21:791 (2,3,4) - would be nice if you will space them more as the vocal is clearly intense and it needs some build-up effect
00:30:509 (4) - this could've ended on 1/4 aswell as the vocal is in extension and spamming only 1/2 sliders is pretty boring lol
00:37:689 (1) - this would work much better if this would end on 1/2 instead // same for 00:39:740 (1) -
00:46:407 (3,4,5) - more spacing plsss
00:47:945 (1,1,1) - i know there are every 1/1 gap between notes but you don't need to overuse the NCs
talking about 00:49:996 (1) - and 00:49:996 (1) - (the kiais) they have to be more distinctive because there are more sliders than notes for instance 00:49:996 (1,2,3,4) - can have the rhythm structured like this: 1/2 slider + 1/1 note + doublets + 1/2 sliders picture so you have to replace some 1/2 sliders with notes as the kiai represents the song's chorus (the intense part of the song) so it should be a little bit harder imo
00:52:176 (2) - this 1/4 note doesn't really have any relevance to the song, not to vocal nor instruments // 00:58:330 (2) - same
00:54:612 (2,3,4) - again, space them more as the instruments and the vocal are pretty intense
01:01:278 (3,4,5,6) - this pattern can be improved as it looks not really nice visually speaking at its current state for example you can do a star pattern well...half-star pattern this will improve the flow and it will look much better visually
01:02:304 (1) - cool it down a bit feels a bit forced imo
01:14:996 (4) - there are no triplets in the song so would have more relevance to leave a 1/2 gap between 01:14:868 (2) - and 01:15:124 (3) - (remove the note lol)
01:16:663 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - you have to cool the spacing down a bit as this part of the song has the same intensity as 00:49:996 (1) - part does
01:24:868 (1,1,1) - same as I stated for 00:47:945 (1,1,1) -

needs more work but looks pretty promising tbh the kiai needs to be a bit more distinctive so that would be perfect in order to fit the song chorus' stronger intensity
gl!
Topic Starter
Cheri

ByBy wrote:

from my q will mod only top diff

insane

drum-hitfinishes does not even fit the song at the first part of the song plus they're a bit louder imo replacing them with hitwhistles (and not drum-hitwhistle) would fit much better the song Eh I am at a disagreement - the finish is loud but I don't want it sound to close to the sound that is there -
- the soft hitwhistle is already being use and it does not sound fitting for clap - the drum is just the best option

00:00:766 (1,3) - // 00:01:791 (4,6) - // 00:04:868 (1,3) - // 00:05:894 (4,6) - etc. they're overlapping each other ugh they don't look really pleasant visually speaking unstacking them would look more visually cleaner tbh The overlap looks fine to me and there is nothing wrong flow wise so I am not changing them since I prefer it like this
00:09:483 (2,3) - space them a little more it is clearly that the vocal is a little bit intense and some build-up wouldn't hurt // 00:11:535 (2,3) - same
00:15:124 (1,2,3) - flow feels a bit weird to me moving all of them to 132|258 would make the flow more smoothlier tbh that went off screen some reason so I adjusted it my way
00:18:201 (3) - a 1/2 slider with repeat works here indeed but it is an insane diff so removing the repeat and have the rhythm formed by 1/2 slider + 1/1 note would be much better removed
00:21:791 (2,3,4) - would be nice if you will space them more as the vocal is clearly intense and it needs some build-up effect
00:30:509 (4) - this could've ended on 1/4 aswell as the vocal is in extension and spamming only 1/2 sliders is pretty boring lol i rather not do extension and their isn't nothing on the blue ticks to justify putting it like that
00:37:689 (1) - this would work much better if this would end on 1/2 instead // same for 00:39:740 (1) - the vocals still holds out on til the blue tick 00:38:073 - and so does the other 1 - the flow here is fine
00:46:407 (3,4,5) - more spacing plsss
00:47:945 (1,1,1) - i know there are every 1/1 gap between notes but you don't need to overuse the NCs Honestly I just don't see how could this be abuse - it just 3 NC s and I had explain the reason for it countless times - I am not changing this
talking about 00:49:996 (1) - and 00:49:996 (1) - (the kiais) they have to be more distinctive because there are more sliders than notes for instance 00:49:996 (1,2,3,4) - can have the rhythm structured like this: 1/2 slider + 1/1 note + doublets + 1/2 sliders picture so you have to replace some 1/2 sliders with notes as the kiai represents the song's chorus (the intense part of the song) so it should be a little bit harder imo
I personally don't mind having it harder BUT - I left this part alone because I wanted to emphasis the flip flap part - what you said above will make it harder and it could still work with the map - but this works better for what I was trying to do here
00:52:176 (2) - this 1/4 note doesn't really have any relevance to the song, not to vocal nor instruments // 00:58:330 (2) - same I had already had this talk about this even with the bn above ya - it a sound here and no change
00:54:612 (2,3,4) - again, space them more as the instruments and the vocal are pretty intense this is space enough opps I was looking at something else lol - Change
01:01:278 (3,4,5,6) - this pattern can be improved as it looks not really nice visually speaking at its current state for example you can do a star pattern well...half-star pattern this will improve the flow and it will look much better visually I kind of don't want to use a star pattern if I didn't do one every where else in this entire kiai section and just leave those pattern outside of the kiai and leave it to the non kiai sections but this is not the main reason
- I didn't do that since I just don't see a star pattern in this section fitting. sure it flows well, sure it look cool, but does it actually makes sense? I choose the pattern I had because to give a slight back and forth type flow for intenseness of the vocals - a star pattern can do that too but it feels more random while this feels more organize in a way (Visuals can be debatable since I also just don't like how the star pattern look and this part flows fine considering the bpm of this song)
I hate explaining stuff since I can't put my ideas into words that well at all so what I just said may not make sense to you...

01:02:304 (1) - cool it down a bit feels a bit forced imo Adjusted
01:14:996 (4) - there are no triplets in the song so would have more relevance to leave a 1/2 gap between 01:14:868 (2) - and 01:15:124 (3) - (remove the note lol) it works better with the vocals
01:16:663 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - you have to cool the spacing down a bit as this part of the song has the same intensity as 00:49:996 (1) - part does adjusted
01:24:868 (1,1,1) - same as I stated for 00:47:945 (1,1,1) - No change - same as the other time basically but slightly different

needs more work but looks pretty promising tbh the kiai needs to be a bit more distinctive so that would be perfect in order to fit the song chorus' stronger intensity
gl!
things in purple basically means I disagree (I accidentally used that instead of red so just to clarify )
anything I said nothing to = fixed/change
- I am bad at explaining anything so I really do hope anything I said above made sense...
- I don't feel like editing my grammar mistakes at this time so if ya see some - forgive me :c

thank you for the mod

I am updating after I polish any changes and will edit this post when I am done
EDIT: Done
EDIT2: Hard had different timing for some dumb reason but it is fixed now lmao (already check Aimod with it)
Nozhomi
Reminder to update this post with modding
Topic Starter
Cheri
Although ya haven't mod it yet I saw some inconsistent stuff on the Hard difficulty and have been fixing it slowly

The spacing on the difficulty should be consistent and I remove some 1 time use patterns so it won't be point out

Also I polish the Insane some more

- Just thought I make a post about that since it was a lot of changes I done :)
Nozhomi
Since you did a post between
Hi again

[Easy :]
  1. 00:04:868 (1,2) - First blanket them correctly, and second stack 00:04:868 (1,3) - for better flow.
  2. 00:37:689 (1,2) - Move 1px down for perfect symmetry, and also do the same for 00:39:740 (3,4) - because they cover the same kind of sound, it's a bit weird to not do the same.
  3. 00:51:022 (2,4) - Better stack pls.
[Hard :]
  1. 00:00:766 (1) - Would make it less curved to make transition to next objects more smooth.
[Insane :]
  1. 00:16:663 (1) - Uncessecary NC.
  2. And same for 01:25:381 (2,3) - .

K that's smth more decent. Will ask Mir to take a look too~
Topic Starter
Cheri

Nozhomi wrote:

Since you did a post between
Hi again

[Easy :]
  1. 00:04:868 (1,2) - First blanket them correctly, and second stack 00:04:868 (1,3) - for better flow. that was so hard to stack but I manage to do it after I made the 2 sliders curve more
  2. 00:37:689 (1,2) - Move 1px down for perfect symmetry, and also do the same for 00:39:740 (3,4) - because they cover the same kind of sound, it's a bit weird to not do the same. I think I did that - I can't move it much due to ds so hope its ok now
  3. 00:51:022 (2,4) - Better stack pls.done
[Hard :]
  1. 00:00:766 (1) - Would make it less curved to make transition to next objects more smooth. done
[Insane :]
  1. 00:16:663 (1) - Uncessecary NC.
  2. And same for 01:25:381 (2,3) - . I got rid of most of the ncs (including the ones ya didn't mention) since it been brought up too much for me to keep them at this point (did the same to hard)

K that's smth more decent. Will ask Mir to take a look too~
thank you :)
Mir
Looks fine now. Tell me when you're ready/
Mir
Double post for bubble.

Metadata is fine, I'm like 99% sure.

No catlogs.

Bubbled.
Topic Starter
Cheri

Mir wrote:

Double post for bubble.

Metadata is fine, I'm like 99% sure.

No catlogs.

Bubbled.
Yay thank you :)
Nozhomi
Fixed quick aesthetic stuff on Easy.

Flap~
Lanturn
There actually is a TV Size version. :(

http://www.lantis.jp/release-item/LACA-9484.html
Mir
literally kill me
Topic Starter
Cheri

Lanturn wrote:

There actually is a TV Size version. :(

http://www.lantis.jp/release-item/LACA-9484.html
Wait it suppose to have (TV Size) in the title?
kind of strange that both ed and op tv sizes rank map of the anime only have tv size in the tags and not the in titles if thats the case
(although it probably was overlook which I understand that it happens)

The metadata I used was from the 1st tv size rank ed map but only because the metadata was from the official site for the anime http://flipflappers.com/goods/ and I figure it was cool to just straight up copy it after reading over it

Either way, I suppose this is something I should be even more careful about if it has to be dq to add it to the title real quick :c
(which I will in the future since I be taking note to this)

A bit off-topic: Why does this site only show the old bg and not the new 1? Never had this happen to my other maps when I change bg so I am a bit confused
Lanturn
It's probably because the OST wasn't out at the time those maps got ranked, or it was just simply missed because it was on the OST and not a Single release.

Don't worry about it anyways, it's just a quick change. The QAT will probably just re-qualify it immediately when you change the Title. If not, the two BN can easily get this back to where it was.

If I remember correctly, the thumbnail goes based off of your earliest submitted map with the MapID or something. It could be reading off an old copy of your map (you probably have the old one without the beatmap ID number folder, and the one everyone else downloads with the beatmap id at the start of the folder.) One way I fixed this was erasing the difficulty's ID and let it submit as a new difficulty.... Or something. That was quite some time ago. I dunno if that would fix your problem anyways. Another thing before resubmitting after fishing out all the duplicate folders... clear your submission cache in Data (hidden folder) -> Submission Cache. Might help, might not.
Topic Starter
Cheri

Lanturn wrote:

It's probably because the OST wasn't out at the time those maps got ranked, or it was just simply missed because it was on the OST and not a Single release.

Don't worry about it anyways, it's just a quick change. The QAT will probably just re-qualify it immediately when you change the Title. If not, the two BN can easily get this back to where it was.

If I remember correctly, the thumbnail goes based off of your earliest submitted map with the MapID or something. It could be reading off an old copy of your map (you probably have the old one without the beatmap ID number folder, and the one everyone else downloads with the beatmap id at the start of the folder.) One way I fixed this was erasing the difficulty's ID and let it submit as a new difficulty.... Or something. That was quite some time ago. I dunno if that would fix your problem anyways. Another thing before resubmitting after fishing out all the duplicate folders... clear your submission cache in Data (hidden folder) -> Submission Cache. Might help, might not.
tried does methods before D:

oh well the bg seems to show on the new site though so I guess its ok

EDIT: well I have the new title prepare (remove tv size from tags) so if it does get dq for title - I will update it immediately to get it back on the road :)
makisokk
Good job
DJ lucky!
#1 (つ✧ω✧)つ
meii18
@hailie you can request dq for fixing the title (talking with a qat to do that) rather than waiting for someone to dq
Topic Starter
Cheri

ByBy wrote:

@hailie you can request dq for fixing the title (talking with a qat to do that) rather than waiting for someone to dq
ik - I gonna do it when I wake up since it is quite late atm
IamKwaN
i think your source is missing a word

should be フリップフラッパーズ
Okoratu
yea lol

Topic Starter
Cheri
I am such a fail... anyways I fix the source - add (TV SIZE) to the title

IamKwaN
ok
Okoratu
ok

Mir: dead
Noz: /shrug

anime: saved
Seijiro
:b:an a:b:ime
Nozhomi

Okorin wrote:

ok

Mir: dead
Noz: /shrug

anime: saved
best post of 2017
Topic Starter
Cheri
Didn't realize it was getting officially rank on my sis's birthday :o

Thank you so much everyone who has helped push this map forward!

Especially to Nozhomi and Mir as this wouldn't had gotten rank without them <3

It was fun getting this mapset rank and I hope to get more maps rank soon!
Jonis221
G