forum

[Archived] I can't seems add my skin file

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Krulciferon
Problem Details:
I've currently downloaded a skin file from http://puu.sh/wAkNu.osk

I have tried using WinRAR and extract it onto my desktop and afterwards putting it into my Osu! skin folder and when I went into Osu! I tried to add the skin but in it doesn't allow me to add the skin instead letting me looking what's inside the skin file , does anyone know why this happens ?
Flanster
Just doubleclick on the OSK file or drag it in osu!
No need to touch it with archiving software.
Topic Starter
Krulciferon
I did try that and went into Osu! again and clicked on "open current skin folder" and "Export as .osk" it still doesn't add the skin or to be exact it just doesn't allow me to add it . I downloaded the file and it is in the WinRAR icon format . I tried putting the whole thing and it doesn't work as well :( . the file name is just -+Seoul-Panmimi+16-9 without anything is that the problem :?:
Death
Set osu! as the default program to open .osk files so that they no longer have the WinRar icon and you can click on them to automatically import. Then, try to repair folder permissions in osu!'s options. After that is done, once again double click on the downloaded .osk file for it to import.
Topic Starter
Krulciferon

Death wrote:

Set osu! as the default program to open .osk files so that they no longer have the WinRar icon and you can click on them to automatically import. Then, try to repair folder permissions in osu!'s options. After that is done, once again double click on the downloaded .osk file for it to import.
How do I set it as default program to open .osk files ? Sorry thou i'm quite a newbie to this :oops:
Death
  1. Right Click on the file and select "Open With..."
    1. If you do not see an "Open With...", just click "Open" instead and browse your computer for the file you want to use.
  2. A new window will pop up make sure you have "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" and then click on "Browse..."
  3. A file browser will appear, you need to navigate to your osu! folder and find osu.exe. By default it should be in C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu! where <Username> is the name of the current account on your computer.

I believe the steps are similar on Windows 8/10, but it might look a little bit different.
Topic Starter
Krulciferon
I can't seems to find Osu! under the "Set Default Applications" :?
Death
Are you using Windows 10? If so I have included separate screenshots for that because it is a fair bit different.

1. Right click on the downloaded song file and select "Open with..."
  2. On the new window that pops up, check the "Always use this app to open .osk files" box and then hit the blue "More Apps ↓ " text
  3. Scroll down to the bottom of the list and hit the blue "Look for another app on this PC" text
  4. A new window will pop up. Find your osu! executable file. The default installation path is C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu! where <Username> is the name of the current account on your computer. Select the osu!.exe file, and hit "Open"
Topic Starter
Krulciferon
is the downloaded file in .zip form or .osk ? cause mine happens to be .zip even tho the link says its .osk
Death
If the file extension says .osk it is an osk file, even if the icon is showing WinRAR. Do not pay attention to the icon, and only pay attention to the actual file type.
Smuggle

Death wrote:

Are you using Windows 10? If so I have included separate screenshots for that because it is a fair bit different.

1. Right click on the downloaded song file and select "Open with..."
  2. On the new window that pops up, check the "Always use this app to open .osk files" box and then hit the blue "More Apps ↓ " text
  3. Scroll down to the bottom of the list and hit the blue "Look for another app on this PC" text
  4. A new window will pop up. Find your osu! executable file. The default installation path is C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu! where <Username> is the name of the current account on your computer. Select the osu!.exe file, and hit "Open"

Thank you
DogeTheViking

Death wrote:

If the file extension says .osk it is an osk file, even if the icon is showing WinRAR. Do not pay attention to the icon, and only pay attention to the actual file type.

I am coming a bit too late but bruuuh.

You are a hero with these pictures tbh.
YoshikoAi
OMG. Thank you so muchhhhhhh. I having this problem just now
JinArtemis
When I update my osu app, another app appears and the old osu are still there. And in the new app, there's nothing on it. So, I copied all my files to new one but the skins don't appear in the new app. Can someone help me in this?

PS: Sorry for the wrong grammar XD
Death

JinArtemis wrote:

When I update my osu app, another app appears and the old osu are still there. And in the new app, there's nothing on it. So, I copied all my files to new one but the skins don't appear in the new app. Can someone help me in this?

PS: Sorry for the wrong grammar XD
Please make a new thread for your issue.

Locking this one as I don't think the OP needs it open anymore... it's been 3 years.