forum

Hurt hand. What should I do?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Atara
(Deleted)
autoteleology
You could start by reflecting on your poor life choices.
Topic Starter
Atara

Philosofikal wrote:

You could start by reflecting on your poor life choices.

Yeah i'll do that
zeplic
whenever i feel screwed up enough to inflict self harm , i just play EZ mod for a few hours .

Skips the hand bleeding - but I won't promise anything about your eyes.
Risa
Play 1 to 2* maps with songs u like. At least that's what i'll do
Akanagi

OfficialPyroh wrote:

Hey, I recently destroyed my knuckles by punching a door until my knuckles bleed and i have to keep my hand in bandages (Right dominant hand). I am a tablet player so you see why this would make me unable to play. It has been 2 days and it seems like It will take a week to heal :( What can I do to prevent losing skill in osu? Should i play autopilot? Im worried :(

Nothing. Just take a break. You won't lose your skill over a week, not even over a month.
ITotallyGetThat
play less
Ayermite
Nothing will happen if you just rest and wait for your hand to heal. You might just make it worse by trying to play.

If you can't resist the temptation then play easier maps in a shorter time and take frequent breaks.
Topic Starter
Atara
I think ill just take a break and maybe play some autopilot to keep my stream stamina and speed up to par. No use in playing and opening my wounds and extending the healing period.
Sayorie
Stop playing for a while. It's retarded to keep playing while you're hurting.
Then again, you should already know by yourself how to answer these kinds of questions.
ithgyu
punch the door with your other hand so that your aim doesnt get disproportionately better than your tapping /s
N0thingSpecial
Quit
kai99
i do better if i quit for a week or two. not kidding.
Yurumo

kai99 wrote:

^THIS IS TRUE

If you stop playing for about a week or two and come back, you'll see a sudden surge in skill if you're 5 digits or higher.

Life works in mysterious ways.
KupcaH

kai99 wrote:

I get 14x worse after two weeks.
CXu
If you achieved some level of skill once, you can do it again.

Plus taking a break may help getting rid of bad habits, mental blocks and bad muscle memory while still letting you use what new mental skills (such as reading, awareness of your cursor, awareness of music/rhythm, etc.) while not being limited by aforementioned things. At least in my experience, when people "play better" after taking a break, it's mostly because they "forget" their muscle memory, which means they have to concentrate on the physical aspect more instead of relying on their subconscious. Coupled with better overall understanding of the game this means you'll be forming better habits than before and ultimately be better than what you were before taking a break (although it might take a bit of playing in the beginning to get rid of any rustiness).
Topic Starter
Atara
Thank you all for the replies but my hand has healed so incredibly fast somehow that it is no healed just enough for me to play osu with no pain :) and I did not lose skill
kai99

Pawnables wrote:

kai99 wrote:

^THIS IS TRUE

If you stop playing for about a week or two and come back, you'll see a sudden surge in skill if you're 5 digits or higher.

Life works in mysterious ways.
holy shit waht the fuck
llol
NestLover
You need do some real life activity, like playing with real friend, social comunnity at your collage , and more to maintain your emotion.

Other than tat...
Take rest for while till your hand healed
my name is hi
don't listen to the haters, play mania