forum

[Archived] Issues with OS X/Mac Release/Build

posted
Total Posts
show more
6ixr
So I recently downloaded the new client for osu which needed X11 or xquartz or whatever its called, but now I get 14-20ms lag when in the previous client I didnt have this issue, is there anyway to fix this. the old client I had didnt have any issues.
Jeni-Desu

GoodByeForever wrote:

So I recently downloaded the new client for osu which needed X11 or xquartz or whatever its called, but now I get 14-20ms lag when in the previous client I didnt have this issue, is there anyway to fix this. the old client I had didnt have any issues.
Right Click osu! > Show Package Contents > Wineskin > Set Screen Options > Tick all of em

If the input lag still there, try updating the engine

Tutorial :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lT8om-2kfE
6ixr
https://puu.sh/xtJt6/a56922b81b.png

so now it wont even open :(
Jeni-Desu

GoodByeForever wrote:

https://puu.sh/xtJt6/a56922b81b.png

so now it wont even open :(
I also hate when that happens, the only thing im able to do if that happens is to use a fresh copy and export the files there :(
ThatSprinkles
The main title screen background is only the old one, it doesnt have the spring backgrounds or the summer ones :cry:
SilverStar02
Whenever I open a link from chat or in a multi match, the screen changes to black with a few words in the corner. <This is only in full screen. If I'm not in full screen, and only in borderless, it will open the window in the background, and i have to leave the multi match and shrink the window down again, then rejoin. This is a real pain for me and my friends, does anyone have a solution?
Marblelemons
I got osu working on wine for my macbook, and login doesn't work. I did read a forum post saying wine will not connect and this is inherent, but that was a 6 year old post and more recent replies in the OS X megathread suggests internet connection is possible.

Something else I've encountered is a beatmap limit of some sort. Grabbing beatmaps from my hard drive and plopping it in the osu songs folder works fine, but only up to around 1500 beatmaps. Afterwards if I try to mass drop more, osu will not "load" endlessly while not actually reading any new maps (https://imgur.com/a/EUdyF). Individually adding maps seems to work, but as I have another 2200 beatmaps to go through I'd rather not take that route.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Jeni-Desu

Marblelemons wrote:

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Which version did you download it from?
Btw did you used to play on Windows before? try refreshing the beatmap list (F5)
Marblelemons

Jeni-Desu wrote:

Which version did you download it from?
Btw did you used to play on Windows before? try refreshing the beatmap list (F5)
I'm using the cutting edge version from http://osuosx.tumblr.com/. However the beatmap refresh issue happened on the stable version as well.

Yes, I used to play on windows. Whenever I open osu with more than the said 1500 beatmaps, hitting play -> solo will send me to that endless loading screen.
I've also tried opening osu with < 1500 beatmaps and moving a couple beatmaps in via finder, then hitting F5. Same loading screen.
Death

Marblelemons wrote:

I got osu working on wine for my macbook, and login doesn't work. I did read a forum post saying wine will not connect and this is inherent, but that was a 6 year old post and more recent replies in the OS X megathread suggests internet connection is possible.
Even if you are on a macbook, this solution should still work (hopefully):

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Please try logging out of the game, then logging out of the website, using the new design accessible here https://osu.ppy.sh/home

After logging out of both, please wait a few minutes. Then log back into the website, then into the client.

If that doesn't work, please contact accounts@ppy.sh
Marblelemons

Death wrote:

Even if you are on a macbook, this solution should still work (hopefully):
Just a reminder this is on wine
Marblelemons
Tried the method suggested by Death. Didn't work.

Edit: Never mind. Seemed like it worked. Thanks!

I still have the problem with the ~1500 beatmap limit though
Jeni-Desu

Marblelemons wrote:

Tried the method suggested by Death. Didn't work.

Edit: Never mind. Seemed like it worked. Thanks!

I still have the problem with the ~1500 beatmap limit though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lT8om-2kfE try this
Marblelemons
Worked. Thanks!
Termog
Osx high sierra, osu isn't opening at al!
Sakegadaisuki
Likewise, upon downloading High Sierra the application will not open. No error messages, no crashing, it appears to not open whatsoever.
Eggrollgod
Not opening on high sierra for me also. Using the alpha build from http://osuosx.tumblr.com/.
Catulus
Can confirm osu! not opening on macOS High Sierra, both the Stable and Alpha versions from http://osuosx.tumblr.com
Jeni-Desu
Seems like High Sierra hates Wineskin :|
Tyler Evans

Cloudcrusader wrote:

hey guys, i have just downloaded osx version of osu and everytime I begin to play a beatmap, osu instantly crashes and gives me this error:

System.Exception: Your graphics card has run out of memory blah blah custom skin .. use default skin! any help is greatly appreciated!
Try updating ur graphics card
Jeni-Desu

Tyler Evans wrote:

Try updating ur graphics card
Wat
WhiteFoxToast
I see some of you are also having trouble with osu after updating the OS, is there anything I can do about it?
Jeni-Desu

WhiteFoxToast wrote:

I see some of you are also having trouble with osu after updating the OS, is there anything I can do about it?
Try using updating the wrapper The Porting Kit, this method used to work when Wineskin wont work with Sierra
MarcusD_old
The wrapper doesn't work on High Sierra, it only opens an Xterm :P

So I ended up just using wine from Terminal (install Homebrew first!)

Get wine packages if you don't have them yet
brew install wine
brew install winetricks

If you didn't use wine yet then
WINEARCH=win32 winecfg
and configure what you want and press OK

I don't know if it's required (because I misconfigured wine, no programs started, so I ended up installing these packages), but
winetricks gdiplus
winetricks dotnet20

Then install dotNOT 4.0 with
winetricks dotnet40

If you wanna install other dotNOT versions then install those first (like dotnet20, dotnet35, or dotnet45), but due to a bug(???) osu! will fail to launch, so we'll need to repair dotNET 4.0 with
winetricks --force dotnet40

And then it's easy as chdiring into the osu! folder, and doing
wine osu\!.exe

Now here comes the tricky part... idk if it happens with others, but if you hover over a "checkbox" then osu will softlock, and even if you try to scroll the options screen using the touchpad or some sort of scrollwheel then it'll also freeze, so make sure to avoid all checkboxes, and scroll by clicking the touchpad and scrolling like you would a phone, again, avoiding checkboxes.
Now switch the release stream to Cutting Edge (as anything else seems to be a softlock galore), and if it fails then switch it back to Stable and quickly switch it back to Cutting Edge, and WAIT, DON'T DO ANYTHING while it's downloading! After it says "osu! needs to be restarted" then click that, and it should go into Cutting Edge now.
Now change some settings around, mainly disable fullscreen, and disable raw input if it's enabled (I'm using an existing installation of osu!, but it also works from a new start, just make sure to delete your cfg file if there's an username collision).

Here are some caevats (which are known, but I'll just list them anyways):

• - don't spam your arrow keys in the music selection menu, it'll softlock
    - don't switch to another application, the graphics and mouse input will softlock (you can still exit by spamming ESC and 1)
    - if you have letterboxing enabled with a resolution smaller than the native then start the first beatmap you come across, and wait for the screen to fix itself, then quickly press ESC if you don't wanna play that beatmap (this is needed because upon starting the game the letterboxing resolution seems to be ignored, resulting in a weird clipped rendering error)
    - scrolling using the scrollwheel still seems to softlock, but it's no longer a 100% chance
    - BE PATIENT! if you're unpatient then osu! will softlock ;)
Edit:
found another issue! Sometimes the game doesn't start up with a "BAD_ALLOC" error... The fix is easy, just rename your current config file, and let the game create a new one for you :P idk why it happens, but luckily it was an easy fix ^w^

This is all I know
Xionor
Hi!

I just discovered OSU recently and more specifically OSU!Mania and I'm having lots of fun with it!
As a guitar player it kinda irked me that a lot of the metal beatmaps are nothing like how that songs are actually played on guitar, so I figured I'd write my own take on them!

However I have a very annoying sync issue when using different playback rates on mapping.

I would start with 25% playback rate and map it perfectly, but when I switch to 100% playback rate to test, all the notes are out of sync with the music.

More specifically, the notes appear on the screen a fraction of a second before they're actually supposed to, or perhaps the music plays a fraction of a second later than when it's set at 25% playback. So far the delay seems linear, so it's just the song starting to play a bit later at 100% than it does at 25%.

Only "settings" i've done is setting the BPM to a constant 162. I haven't changed anything else.

Any tips on how to combat this? Mapping it to 25% then shifting all the notes two notches afterwards seems really cumbersome and difficult to map and test at the same time.

I'm using the latest stable Mac build from 2015.
erased self
Can confirm that osu is not launching since upgrading to High Sierra. Please fix<3
MarcusD_old

Nakano Yuko wrote:

Can confirm that osu is not launching since upgrading to High Sierra. Please fix<3
how is it not launching? did you read my post above? it should include workarounds I tested and is the way I'm running osu! on High Sierra
Jeni-Desu
Its still possible to run it, but you need to configure it(?)
MarcusD_old

Jeni-Desu wrote:

Its still possible to run it, but you need to configure it(?)
yes, kinda

there's no universal workaround, it depends on the crash(es)/malfunction(s) you get
erased self
terminal doesnt find osu when i use wine osu\!.exe even though i have osu and did all the previous steps thonk
Mazhaa
When i run osu! on mac os x El capitan osu! show me : oh no! with a blank screen please help me !
Mazhaa
When I launch it there is the image of the logo osu! which is displayed but the game does not run
xKozumo

EkisupandoDongu wrote:

I've been trying to open Osu! but I can't seem to...
I open the app and then it freezes at Wineskin and gives me a blank "Oh no!" screen, it stays frozen like that until I force quit it.
I tried updating Wine and installed the newest version of the program through Winery (as suggested in an old bug error post), so I'm using WS9Wine1.2.9 right now; it still won't open. I'm at a loss because it was working completely fine up until 2 weeks ago, I didn't download anything new so I'm really confused about why my app won't work... Any help is appreciated!
Jeni-Desu

CosmoDerps wrote:

EkisupandoDongu wrote:

I've been trying to open Osu! but I can't seem to...
I open the app and then it freezes at Wineskin and gives me a blank "Oh no!" screen, it stays frozen like that until I force quit it.
I tried updating Wine and installed the newest version of the program through Winery (as suggested in an old bug error post), so I'm using WS9Wine1.2.9 right now; it still won't open. I'm at a loss because it was working completely fine up until 2 weeks ago, I didn't download anything new so I'm really confused about why my app won't work... Any help is appreciated!

Try updating the engine and tick Use Mac Driver and Use Direct3D Boost in Set Screen Options
MarcusD_old

Nakano Yuko wrote:

terminal doesnt find osu when i use wine osu\!.exe even though i have osu and did all the previous steps thonk
did you change to the game's directory before?

if you're lazy then just drag the folder icon on Terminal icon and it should open a new window already chdir'd to the osu directory

or you can type cd and a space, then drag the osu! folder *in* the Terminal and press enter, and then wine osu\!.exe
Galaxy Hopper
When I drag a .osz file into Osu! nothing happens. Also I cant move the game to my applications folder after I updated from a previous version It wont start up. please help! :o
-glug-
i think you are going to need to port osu! on a different windows exe emulator thingy (god damn i hate being 14 :o :o )
DarkBlueKitten

Mariokart8er wrote:

When I drag a .osz file into Osu! nothing happens. Also, I cant move the game to my applications folder after I updated from a previous version It won't start up. please help! :o

If you're not able to drag the osz file to osu! you can do the following, go in general and open ''open osu! folder'', you'll get a window with a few folders and all, go to:

My Computer > (C:) > osu! > songs

When you get to the songs folder, simply drag the osz file to the folder and get back to the game and press F5
Jeni-Desu

DarkBlueKitten wrote:

If you're not able to drag the osz file to osu! you can do the following, go in general and open ''open osu! folder'', you'll get a window with a few folders and all, go to:

My Computer > (C:) > osu! > songs

When you get to the songs folder, simply drag the osz file to the folder and get back to the game and press F5
Or right-click it, open with > osu!
DarkBlueKitten

I don't have it?
show more