forum

Motivated to rank up but been stuck for a month. Help :<

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Luluca
So, I started actually playing osu! in the summer and I feel like I have been ranking up pretty consistently but now when I try to do maps that I feel like I could do before, I can't FC anymore. If I actually try to FC now it takes me over 20 tries when before I could do them maybe 1-10 tries.

Any of you have any tips to help? Should I just work on what I'm bad at and try to improve from there? I tried searching up but could only find things such as "git gud" and stuff lol.
Endaris
Play more maps you haven't played before. It doesn't make sense to reFC maps most of the time.
Topic Starter
Luluca
My bad, I worded my sentences wrong, I only try to FC maps I haven't before. I mean that song difficulties I could FC seems impossible to FC now, probably because I get really tilted everytime I play now.
Endaris
Well, generally speaking, your playcount for september has decreased quite a bit compared to July. Playing more is always helpful when improving.
As long as your graph doesn't look like mine you shouldn't think you are stuck though.
Kondou-Shinichi

Endaris wrote:

Well, generally speaking, your playcount for september has decreased quite a bit compared to July. Playing more is always helpful when improving.
As long as your graph doesn't look like mine you shouldn't think you are stuck though.
Play count decreasing in sep is normal, we have school
Celine
Play all kind of maps
ManuelOsuPlayer
Search maps at other players topranks.
zeplic
do a quick custom difficulty practice map of maps you can FC , slider breaks dont count in this context. Those are fine.
edit these maps-
Up the OD to 10. Play like this for a day. Don't spam them, just get a handful of them, and just maybe f2 them on rotation for a while. Focus on the rhythm rather than the visual patterns though. Just my two cents. - Not that my profile merits me to give any advice

Day 2, play the difficulty you can pass, maybe only rarely get a good fc on, and or chokes with accuracy that is still rather sub par, on OD 10. Throw on NF for your sanity. Watch your UR and error range, the magic number is -19 through +19 . Your accuracy will shoot through the roof once you tone the OD back to normal on the third day.

That said. This probably wont help you FC anything. Xanax might. Your psychiatrist should understand. Mine did.
Sayorie
Improve your skills first before aiming to rank up.

I swear it gets easier to rank after you do it.
mulraf
well. +6000 ranks in 30 days. for me it's -6000 ranks in about 180 days while constantly gaining pp.
everyone wants to git gud. i wouldn't say you stagnated, it's just that osu!'s a rough place ;_;
dung eater
Try playing unranked or maps that don't give easy pp. Focus on the circles, music and yourself (cursor reading tapping fingers posture rest diet focus circulation are suff to consider too). Start jogging or something if you want to have a superoir body to click circles with. Focus on health (sleep/nap more if tired).sleeping more often reduces the need for sleep but it might be hard when it's so mainstream to sleep once.
ManuelOsuPlayer

zeplic wrote:

do a quick custom difficulty practice map of maps you can FC , slider breaks dont count in this context. Those are fine.
edit these maps-
Up the OD to 10. Play like this for a day. Don't spam them, just get a handful of them, and just maybe f2 them on rotation for a while. Focus on the rhythm rather than the visual patterns though. Just my two cents. - Not that my profile merits me to give any advice

Day 2, play the difficulty you can pass, maybe only rarely get a good fc on, and or chokes with accuracy that is still rather sub par, on OD 10. Throw on NF for your sanity. Watch your UR and error range, the magic number is -19 through +19 . Your accuracy will shoot through the roof once you tone the OD back to normal on the third day.

That said. This probably wont help you FC anything. Xanax might. Your psychiatrist should understand. Mine did.
That's shit. Play OD10 without the timming, rhythm sense and rhythm knowledge it's only going to make your acc random trying to get a x300 trying it randomly because you don't know when you have to tap. Play OD10 at maps what you have 99% with OD9 to down the UR. Not at maps where you get +19-19 or maps random what you pass. It's like 7 digits playing 7* maps instead 1*
If you want improve acc play maps where you get 96%-98% and up then to +99% focusing on listen the beats and understand the rhythms to use that knowledge and muscle memory at similar stuff.
N0thingSpecial

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

That's shit.
Completely off topic but this is not complete shit, just need to throw in AR7-8 and it actually works

Done this way back and I end up casually nearly SS some 4* marathon maps, and allowed me to some what get good acc on HR despite not completely comfortably read ar10
Topic Starter
Luluca
Alright, thanks for tips everyone, been actually playing while tired so that was probably a problem lol.