forum

Show how long youve supported

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +95
Topic Starter
Toxi
It would be cool on the webpage that if you go to someones profile you can see when they started supporting/how long they have supported. It would be necessary to add this it would just be a cool little feature.

(If this is in the new website then sorry i dont get on there very much>-<)
Nathanael
Somewhat like a supporter-based perk.

Nathanael wrote:

In the new forum design, one of the perks is the ribbon-like design behind a user's avatar (when reading threads).
You'll see a darker pink, silver, and gold which represents how long the user supported the game.
Topic Starter
Toxi

Nathanael wrote:

Somewhat like a supporter-based perk.

Nathanael wrote:

In the new forum design, one of the perks is the ribbon-like design behind a user's avatar (when reading threads).
You'll see a darker pink, silver, and gold which represents how long the user supported the game.
well kinda but like an exact date. I guess that could fit there though, wasent really thinking lmao. (you can delete and ill just add it there
)
Naphe
What if its also Added on the new userpage website which will say "Supported Since xxxx to xxxx"? that could work.. but then I don't know who would care about it :thinking:

Edit:

Also would say how much this player had donated :thinking:
Edgar_Figaro
Only problem with a "started supporting date" would be that many just support and then let their supporter status lapse for long periods of time.

What I think would be more workable (and also work in with the length perks idea) would be similar to how FFXIV rewards stuff with total sub duration.

So if you had put in for 2 years of supporter (even if it runs out 6 months from now) it would still show "supported Osu for 2 years"
PieInOblivion

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

Only problem with a "started supporting date" would be that many just support and then let their supporter status lapse for long periods of time.

What I think would be more workable (and also work in with the length perks idea) would be similar to how FFXIV rewards stuff with total sub duration.

So if you had put in for 2 years of supporter (even if it runs out 6 months from now) it would still show "supported Osu for 2 years"
Supporter milestone tags sound like a nice idea. I'm basically an echo in a cave but I agree that I'm not sure if anyone would care other than yourself.

Perhaps a better alternative would be to display this tag next to your support icon on the Osu! main menu. Instead of "Thanks for supporting Osu!" or what ever it says. Add the months/years. "Thanks for supporting Osu! for 2 Years!"

That's my two cents :3
Upskirt
How about it's made an average of how many cups of coffee you've bought for Peppy until he completes the new client with his new folk.
peppy
This is already visible on the new site's forums: as you support more you get new flair on the side of your avatar. We're planning on adding similar things to the profile pages in the future, too.

If you just want to see your current support total, you can also do this at https://osu.ppy.sh/p/support
Zunv
Do I understand this right? It doesn't matter how long I support, instead it maters how much I spend? (gifts / purchases in store etc.) ?
Remyria
does it need to be in a row like on twitch to have silver/gold icon?