forum

[Archived] Osu! crashes when I use my Nvidia grafics card

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TapTaps
So my problem is that since one month my osu keeps crashing but before i could play normal.\
My game freezes and crashes like 1 - 30 seconds in the main menu or ingame.

Please help.

Edit: Lately it is just freezing and I get a blackscreen. (Musik and gameplay still work)
Death
Update your graphics card drivers.
Upskirt
Download the latest Nvidia graphics driver from their website, the version that supports your video card which may not be the latest version.

Download and run this file.

It should unpack and present another exe file, if you aren't presented with a prompt that allows you to directly reboot into safe-mode then type "System Configuration" into the search bar and it should open up a window.

Similar to this:

Navigate to "Boot" and check the "Safe Mode" box and make sure "minimal" is also checked.

Once you're in safe mode then run DDU and select the Nvidia option, it should be defaulted if it's your main dedicated GPU.

Hit "Clean and Restart", the highly recommended option. If you are stuck in safe mode upon the next boot then all you have to do is un-check the same box you checked prior and restart again (Safe Mode in System Configuration).

You can then install the latest drivers and if your issue persists then respond to this same thread.

Topic Starter
TapTaps

Venzire wrote:

Download the latest Nvidia graphics driver from their website, the version that supports your video card which may not be the latest version.

Download and run this file.

It should unpack and present another exe file, if you aren't presented with a prompt that allows you to directly reboot into safe-mode then type "System Configuration" into the search bar and it should open up a window.

Similar to this:

Navigate to "Boot" and check the "Safe Mode" box and make sure "minimal" is also checked.

Once you're in safe mode then run DDU and select the Nvidia option, it should be defaulted if it's your main dedicated GPU.

Hit "Clean and Restart", the highly recommended option. If you are stuck in safe mode upon the next boot then all you have to do is un-check the same box you checked prior and restart again (Safe Mode in System Configuration).

You can then install the latest drivers and if your issue persists then respond to this same thread.

So I followed every single step and tested it out but my Osu! keeps freezing.
Lacrimosa
Hey!

Have you tried enabling Compatibility Mode from the options? If not, give it a try and see if things run better.
Topic Starter
TapTaps

Nikosbks wrote:

Hey!

Have you tried enabling Compatibility Mode from the options? If not, give it a try and see if things run better.
If tryed it still freezes and sometimes crashes after 10-30 seconds ingame.
Lacrimosa
When it crashes, does a window with a crying girl pop up? If so click on the girl and copy paste the error log here.

If not, after replicating the crash, open the Event Viewer, search for the crash log under Windows Logs > Application, and copy paste its contents here.
Upskirt
Sorry I didn't mention this earlier, you should send over your "runtime.log". It can be found in the Logs folder in the osu! directory.

It might give a hint as to what the issue is along with your current game version.

You should also try resetting your settings, you can do this by holding shift while opening osu!, you should also try to repair the game.

Topic Starter
TapTaps

Nikosbks wrote:

When it crashes, does a window with a crying girl pop up? If so click on the girl and copy paste the error log here.

If not, after replicating the crash, open the Event Viewer, search for the crash log under Windows Logs > Application, and copy paste its contents here.

What should I post the general log or the details log?

General log:

Fault bucket 116422004623, type 5
Event Name: BEX
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: osu!.exe
P2: 1.3.3.7
P3: 597f0fad
P4: nvoglv32.DLL
P5: 22.21.13.8165
P6: 58deff5a
P7: 00d8fe4b
P8: c0000409
P9: 00000007
P10:

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER72BD.tmp.mdmp
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER7658.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER7666.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER7677.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_osu!.exe_2efa7c19ed298251234634afe8ed150fcc87fac_b5f77021_14aa8f0f

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: cf49e971-0abe-419a-a87c-5acccf54f9a2
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: 66343d96118ff0394448ddc89ac1b578

and the details log:

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Windows Error Reporting

- EventID 1001

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 4

Task 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2017-09-11T15:29:59.002500900Z

EventRecordID 459

Channel Application

Computer DESKTOP-GG6T7PU

Security

- EventData

BEX
Not available
osu!.exe
597f0fad
nvoglv32.DLL
58deff5a
00d8fe4b
c0000409

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER72BD.tmp.mdmp \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER7658.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER7666.tmp.csv \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER7677.tmp.txt
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_osu!.exe_2efa7c19ed298251234634afe8ed150fcc87fac_b5f77021_14aa8f0f

cf49e971-0abe-419a-a87c-5acccf54f9a2
66343d96118ff0394448ddc89ac1b578
Topic Starter
TapTaps

Venzire wrote:

Sorry I didn't mention this earlier, you should send over your "runtime.log". It can be found in the Logs folder in the osu! directory.

It might give a hint as to what the issue is along with your current game version.

You should also try resetting your settings, you can do this by holding shift while opening osu!, you should also try to repair the game.

I have resetted my Osu! but the problem is still there.

runtime.log:

18/09/2017 14:04:07: GL Initialized
18/09/2017 14:04:07: GL Version: OpenGL ES 2.0 (ANGLE 2.1.0.0d79a9db3d42)
18/09/2017 14:04:07: GL Renderer: ANGLE (NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M Direct3D9Ex vs_3_0 ps_3_0)
18/09/2017 14:04:07: GL Shader Language version: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.00 (ANGLE 2.1.0.0d79a9db3d42)
18/09/2017 14:04:07: GL Vendor: Google Inc.
18/09/2017 14:04:07: GL Extensions: GL_OES_element_index_uint GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil GL_OES_get_program_binary GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_EXT_read_format_bgra GL_OES_texture_half_float GL_OES_texture_half_float_linear GL_OES_texture_float GL_OES_texture_float_linear GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt3 GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt5 GL_ANGLE_depth_texture GL_EXT_texture_storage GL_OES_texture_npot GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_occlusion_query_boolean GL_NV_fence GL_EXT_robustness GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_ANGLE_framebuffer_blit GL_ANGLE_framebuffer_multisample GL_ANGLE_instanced_arrays GL_ANGLE_pack_reverse_row_order GL_OES_standard_derivatives GL_EXT_shader_texture_lod GL_EXT_frag_depth GL_ANGLE_texture_usage GL_ANGLE_translated_shader_source GL_EXT_debug_marker GL_OES_EGL_image GL_EXT_unpack_subimage GL_NV_pack_subimage GL_OES_vertex_array_object
18/09/2017 14:04:07: GL Context: Index: 168970740, Color: 32 (8888), Depth: 16, Stencil: 0, Samples: 0, Accum: 0 (0000), Buffers: 2, Stereo: False
Upskirt
Post the runtime.log log after your game crashes.

Post the txt document too if it still exists.

Attached files:

Make sure to actually attach the documents to your post.
Topic Starter
TapTaps

Venzire wrote:

Post the runtime.log log after your game crashes.

Post the txt document too if it still exists.

Attached files:

Make sure to actually attach the documents to your post.

Sorry, but I did not really understood what I should do. But my game lately just freezes and do not crashes. Could you please tell me exactly what to do?
Upskirt
Does it freeze then let you continue playing?
Topic Starter
TapTaps

Venzire wrote:

Does it freeze then let you continue playing?
Yes, when you that mean the visuals freezes and the game continues.
Lacrimosa
Visit this site, select your graphic card and choose the appropriate options for your computer that are asked, and hit the search button. From all the drivers that will show up, download the second one.
Topic Starter
TapTaps

Nikosbks wrote:

Visit this site, select your graphic card and choose the appropriate options for your computer that are asked, and hit the search button. From all the drivers that will show up, download the second one.

I installed the older driver and the visuals still freezes.

Please help, it still does not work.
Topic Starter
TapTaps
hello, I still have the same issue so could anybody help?
Death
Is your osu! In a temp folder?