forum

How to learn dt?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ChrisS3097
How do you learn dt in ctb? It seems impossible to me xd
A Moon Gust
Play DT more. Reach a point where you have full control of the catcher which may take a while.
Naywils
Its all about getting used to the catcher speed as said above. Try not to dash so much as its not really needed unless the notes are really far apart.
Swapping between nomod/dt all the time is probably not going to help either.
Topic Starter
ChrisS3097

Naywils wrote:

Its all about getting used to the catcher speed as said above. Try not to dash so much as its not really needed unless the notes are really far apart.
Swapping between nomod/dt all the time is probably not going to help either.
But can you play nomod after playing dt a lot ?
Zak
It's all about being able to adjust to the catcher speed. If you can't, you won't be able to just switch back and forth freely.
Night of Terror

Zak wrote:

It's all about being able to adjust to the catcher speed. If you can't, you won't be able to just switch back and forth freely.
Lies, I can do that

OT: Just practice it more, it's scary actually but once you get used to the speed of fruits and catcher you will be okay
HyakkiSama
Farm fast map you get better control, reading and reactivity, after go fc hardest map just this.
Naywils
I can't even play nomod, but thats my fault for using DT from the start.
Beizer
My advice. Don't try and learn DT on any song past ar7.5 until you are quite comfortable with Nomodding Rains.

Why? Because you will confuse your progress if you practice DT very much until you are a mid level player and quite comfortable controlling the platter I would recommend not using DT at all really.

But lets say you are a mid level player, I would recommend practicing "Hard" convert difficulties until you are comfortable then move onto platter's and then once you feel comfortable enough light rain's then you can start DT'ing Rains, this game is a progression and if you over progress you leave elements you hadn't realized yet in the dust and it may actually hinder your progression.
DeletedUser_1417202
First you need 144hz computer (DT mod that is Computer performance is important)
second you try +NF some song so many times (I practiced DT mod Five years, but i have many impossible map..)
thrid keep Try until you're lucky.
He Ang CTB
NoMod, Hidden, FLashLight, are the primary skills, these will train your platter intuition, pattern recognition, and muscle memory. Other than FL which is an oddball in itself, every other mod is really just an extension/mixture of NM & HD. Once you've mastered NM & HD, proficiency in other mods will come in naturally over time.

Many new players are looking for a shortcut to the top, and the obvious fact is that shortcuts only works on case by case basis, otherwise everyone would already be ExGon level. Just be patient with bad luck retries and skill plateaus, more haste less speed.
Topic Starter
ChrisS3097

He Ang Erika wrote:

NoMod, Hidden, FLashLight, are the primary skills, these will train your platter intuition, pattern recognition, and muscle memory. Other than FL which is an oddball in itself, every other mod is really just an extension/mixture of NM & HD. Once you've mastered NM & HD, proficiency in other mods will come in naturally over time.

Many new players are looking for a shortcut to the top, and the obvious fact is that shortcuts only works on case by case basis, otherwise everyone would already be ExGon level. Just be patient with bad luck retries and skill plateaus, more haste less speed.
How can you learn hd at a consistent level without forgetting or losing skill on no mod ?
Also I think nobody is even close to Exgon's level xd
Zak

L3gEnDaRy97 wrote:

He Ang Erika wrote:

How can you learn hd at a consistent level without forgetting or losing skill on no mod ?
Also I think nobody is even close to Exgon's level xd
Balance out your training on both, which I didn't do