forum

Learning Japanese

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
K1nshiro
Hi.

I am interested in learning japanese. The only problem is that i don't know where i should get the information about gramar, how to build sentences, kanji, katakana, hiragana etc. from?
I have already learned the basic japanese alphabet (hiragana, katakana) and some other puzzled things.
I still do not know where i can really study the language.

Does anyone know a good webiste or smthng, with easy access that has the information that i need provided? Does anyone have already some experience with this? if yes? is there something i need to know? and how did you learn the language?

Thank you already for your response. :)
-ExSayaKun-
Know, in this world nothing is free, you can study in special training or courses
maybe my writing style looks rough, but forgive me

just help peace up ;)
Gameuse44
Hi !

As I'm French, it'll be a bit hard for me to find Japanese grammar explained in English on Internet, but, if you use Google Play, you may find some good apps which explain this. I recommend you "Japanese kanji study" and "ymoiwa" for the kanji ideogram, and for grammar.... I only know French websites and books. :/ Idk if it's edited in English but "minna no nihongo" ("shôkyû" if you want exercises) is very good (two books : one with the explanations, the second one with exercises. There are 2 tomes) and is the "academic" book used to prepare the JLPT levels. ;)
Topic Starter
K1nshiro
Thanks for the answers. I appreviate :) <3 I willl take the given advive thankfully.
UnderCoverSpy
Hey man, Japanese is a hard language, started taking it 2 years ago. It isn't wise to start learning sentences first because of the sheer difficulty of the parts of the world itself.
I would suggest downloading a free app called ''memrise'' (Phone app., I know it is on iphone, nost sure about android) there you can select which language you want to learn and it will walk u from the basics till advanced stuff. Very good app for starters :)
Topic Starter
K1nshiro
Thank you for the advice ^^ i appreciate. Are those apps also available on PC?
Anyway thank you <3
JBTBFDIG
[google:1337]Hiragana[/google:1337] is so easy,
while [google:1337]Katakana[/google:1337] is hard.
[google:1337]Kanji[/google:1337] is the hardest.
JBTBFDIG

JBTBFDIG wrote:

UnderCoverSpy

K1nshiro wrote:

Anyway thank you <3

I'm not sure, but you could look into it. Rosetta Stone is also a program that teaches u languages very well, however I am pretty sure you have to pay. Although there are a lot of video on YouTube and online resources you can use. I suggests started with memrise and making your way up from there
Jun Maeda
Buy BETA for Proffesional Google Translator it will work cuz its beta...

And sometimes japanese is hard to learn but u must learn it everyday
zooibadooi
ok i'm being 100% honest here
i've mostly been learning japanese from these 2 websites:
https://learn.mangolanguages.com
https://www.youtube.com/user/japanesepod101
it helps a lot! on mango, as long as you have a library card (not sure if its select libraries, but i'm 99.99% sure school library cards won't work. i used a boulder public library card and it worked so ya) you can learn quite a few modern languages, not just japanese. i highly suggest mango, but japanese pod 101 taught me a lot too
Topic Starter
K1nshiro
Thanks everyone for taking time to answer my question, i will look into all programs, websites etc. you guys recommended <3 thank a lot again <3
Topic Starter
K1nshiro

UnderCoverSpy wrote:

K1nshiro wrote:

Anyway thank you <3
I'm not sure, but you could look into it. Rosetta Stone is also a program that teaches u languages very well, however I am pretty sure you have to pay. Although there are a lot of video on YouTube and online resources you can use. I suggests started with memrise and making your way up from there
i check on it thank you <3
Topic Starter
K1nshiro

iSlodinx wrote:

Buy BETA for Proffesional Google Translator it will work cuz its beta...

And sometimes japanese is hard to learn but u must learn it everyday
ik it has to be regular training, i dont think i will have the time to do it everyday but yes u are compeltly right it needs to be on a regular basis.
Topic Starter
K1nshiro

zooibadooi wrote:

ok i'm being 100% honest here
i've mostly been learning japanese from these 2 websites:
https://learn.mangolanguages.com
https://www.youtube.com/user/japanesepod101
it helps a lot! on mango, as long as you have a library card (not sure if its select libraries, but i'm 99.99% sure school library cards won't work. i used a boulder public library card and it worked so ya) you can learn quite a few modern languages, not just japanese. i highly suggest mango, but japanese pod 101 taught me a lot too
Thank youu <33
Topic Starter
K1nshiro

JBTBFDIG wrote:

JBTBFDIG wrote:

true true, i find hiragan and katakana equally hard/easy tho
-ExSayaKun-

K1nshiro wrote:

true true, i find hiragan and katakana equally hard/easy tho
katakana umm, like the time when Japanese invaded Indonesian in 1942 and gave this kind of education
Topic Starter
K1nshiro
Jesus didnt even know that and i have indonesion roots lol. well as for my defense i never lived in indonesia and only went there for holidays
Shame on me tho